Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Jurgen Melzer, Wednesday, Estimated time - 12:45pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Sociology Thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 Go Down Reply
Author

Sociology Thread

(Read 8018 times)
George183
Challenger Level

"ELIZABETH GWEN 27.4.70" in Chit-Chat.

Re: Sociology Thread « Reply #240 on: June 09, 2010, 06:05 PM »

I have no idea what evidence you have, so you can decide where to begin.

OK, so, starting at the beginning, would my  belief in a supernatural creator do?

IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Sociology Thread « Reply #241 on: June 09, 2010, 06:19 PM »

OK, so, starting at the beginning, would my  belief in a supernatural creator do?

Sure. Give me the evidence that backs up that belief.
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Sociology Thread « Reply #242 on: June 09, 2010, 07:19 PM »

Really? You’ve got me confused now.

So now I’m not getting tiring, and you don’t want me to give it a break ??  Smile

Tiring on the topic we were on.

By the way nothing we can say on our belief in God is superficially provable for James so this will probably go round in round in circles till you both agree that you don't agree lol I've been here already with this Smile
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: Sociology Thread « Reply #243 on: June 09, 2010, 07:27 PM »

Ah I see, your just anti-catholic. I've found as many church-attendee's who have no real faith among the protestants I know as among the catholics. And a few of my catholic friends are some of the most humble and committed Christians I know. So don't tar all catholics or catholic churches with the same brush. Not saying that there isn't problems or indoctrination but saying you can't apply it to all catholics.
Very acceptable comment Hazel - I think you must be one of the real christians who have actually got the true meaning of the faith and practice it.
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: Sociology Thread « Reply #244 on: June 09, 2010, 07:37 PM »

I am going to love this conversation lol While I don't agree with George on a lot of things this should be interesting Smile
However going away to lie on the floor and pray my spine dissolves so play nice guys and I'll check in later wave
At least the arguement is taking your mind off that painful back of yours. Well argued points you posted. Hope you feel better soon.
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: Sociology Thread « Reply #245 on: June 09, 2010, 07:42 PM »

Its looking a bit like Lions 3 Christians 0 at the moment ....  lol
Fun isn't it Daisy - just catching up - wouldn't miss a moment, especially now James is arguing too - he is a consistant atheist and he makes a lot of sense.
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Sociology Thread « Reply #246 on: June 09, 2010, 07:50 PM »

The Lions vs Christians comment is a favourite round here.  It generally means that two or more people are involved in an unresolvable discussion (or even, a knock-down-drag-out) with no clear winner .... Smile
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Sociology Thread « Reply #247 on: June 09, 2010, 08:10 PM »

Very acceptable comment Hazel - I think you must be one of the real christians who have actually got the true meaning of the faith and practice it.

Thank you, I take that as a true compliment, though I do admit that I'm better at talking the talk then walking the walk Smile
IP Logged
George183
Challenger Level

Re: Sociology Thread « Reply #248 on: June 09, 2010, 09:19 PM »

Sure. Give me the evidence that backs up that belief.

OK. If you say so.

You want me to give you the evidence that backs up my belief in a Supernatural Creator.

But this looks as if it’s going to be a religious argument so perhaps we should transfer to the Religion Thread.

Tiring on the topic we were on.

By the way nothing we can say on our belief in God is superficially provable for James so this will probably go round in round in circles till you both agree that you don't agree lol I've been here already with this Smile 

Really ???

Fun isn't it Daisy - just catching up - wouldn't miss a moment, especially now James is arguing too - he is a consistant atheist and he makes a lot of sense.

He does ???

The Lions vs Christians comment is a favourite round here.  It generally means that two or more people are involved in an unresolvable discussion (or even, a knock-down-drag-out) with no clear winner .... Smile

So how did the Lions get 3 and the Christians get 0 ?

And we haven’t even started yet.

Whose side are you on ???
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Sociology Thread « Reply #249 on: June 09, 2010, 09:24 PM »

Most atheists do seem to make sense to a lot of people. But that's the thing about God it comes down to faith. But they can't explain a lot of things either. In an ironic way their opinion that there is no God is as much based on belief as christians who say there is a God lol
Yep let's move threads.
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Sociology Thread « Reply #250 on: June 09, 2010, 09:29 PM »

So how did the Lions get 3 and the Christians get 0 ?

And we haven’t even started yet.

Whose side are you on ???

lol  No-one ever told me how the Lions got 3 and the Christians 0 ... but just on principle, AND because the Lions are always ahead in this particular expression, I'm with the Lions .....
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Sociology Thread « Reply #251 on: June 09, 2010, 09:40 PM »

lol  No-one ever told me how the Lions got 3 and the Christians 0 ... but just on principle, AND because the Lions are always ahead in this particular expression, I'm with the Lions .....

:p well fine then  ignore

Probably the Lions got 3 because their view is more popular (or have more power, not to name name 'cough' Mark lol ) on this site lol
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Sociology Thread « Reply #252 on: June 09, 2010, 09:51 PM »

shocking lol
IP Logged
George183
Challenger Level

Re: Sociology Thread « Reply #253 on: June 09, 2010, 09:52 PM »

Most atheists do seem to make sense to a lot of people. But that's the thing about God it comes down to faith. But they can't explain a lot of things either. In an ironic way their opinion that there is no God is as much based on belief as christians who say there is a God lol

So how does Clydey make sense then?

Yep let's move threads.

OK.

THIS DISCUSSION HAS MOVED TO THE “RELIGION” THREAD.
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Sociology Thread « Reply #254 on: June 09, 2010, 10:04 PM »

^^Nice and subtle George I like lol mark will approve Smile
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »