Andy Murray vs Andreas Seppi, Saturday, Estimated time - 4:30pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld  >  Chit Chat  >  Spitting
Pages: [1] 2 3 Reply

Spitting

FCR

Reading AM's tweet about spitting reminded me of how things have changed since my father's days of playing and refereeing football, and playing cricket.  He used to carry a handkerchief in his pocket, as did many players in those olden days.  I dare say pitches are now plagued with phlegm and mucous, or gob and snot, depending what era you're from.  Personally, I find the sight of anybody displaying these disgusting habits, in and outside sport, makes me cringe.  YUCK.
IP Logged

Yep, it's revolting.
IP Logged

I for one would not pick up a ball in a football match, can you imagine all the stuff that's attached to it!  yuk
IP Logged
Caz

Reading AM's tweet about spitting reminded me of how things have changed since my father's days of playing and refereeing football, and playing cricket.  He used to carry a handkerchief in his pocket, as did many players in those olden days.  I dare say pitches are now plagued with phlegm and mucous, or gob and snot, depending what era you're from.  Personally, I find the sight of anybody displaying these disgusting habits, in and outside sport, makes me cringe.  YUCK.
I agree totally! There's no need for it, as it's a proven fact that excercise does 'not' make you salivate! It's just a filthy habit. If a footballer falls and skins his knee, he's in danger of getting a really nasty infection! I read about it a year or two ago. They should be fined for spitting I think!
IP Logged
FCR

After the final yesterday, Djokovic blew his nose into his towel.  I do hope he didn't throw it into the crowd as a souvenir.  Yuk again.  I don't want to appear sexist, but it does seem to be a man thing.
IP Logged

After the final yesterday, Djokovic blew his nose into his towel.  I do hope he didn't throw it into the crowd as a souvenir.  Yuk again.  I don't want to appear sexist, but it does seem to be a man thing.
At one of the tournies he wiped his nose on his t-shirt.
IP Logged
Caz

Yes.......definately a 'man thing', though not all of them thank goodness! yuk
IP Logged

Lots of the baseball players spit ,they chew tobacco, nasty habit chewing and spitting .
IP Logged

Only during sex.
IP Logged

Only during sex.
Ideally not even then but I respect their decision.
IP Logged
Caz

Hey........off topic guys! Whistle
IP Logged

Spitting in public is a revolting habit, along with snorting snot out of one side of the nose.  But it's nothing new.  I can remember when all railway carriages displayed a sign in their compartments requesting passengers not to spit on the floor, and when pubs, in Scotland anyway, were referred to as "spit and sawdust joints".
IP Logged
Caz

Yes....those signs on buses too Aileen! Do they still have them?
IP Logged

No!
IP Logged
Caz

Thanks Aileen!
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 Reply