Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Kevin Anderson, Friday, Time: 12 noon BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Spooks, spectres and the supernatural 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 ... 45 Go Down Reply
Author

Spooks, spectres and the supernatural

(Read 16922 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #480 on: December 19, 2011, 03:48 AM »

Talking of doors reminded me of something that happened the day after my Dad died suddenly from a heart attack.

Dad was a member of the local golf club in Leven and after he retired he went to the club most weekdays for a nip (or two!) and a free read of the papers.  He always turned up at mid-day.  Anyway he died on the Sunday and the following day the door into the members' lounge - a big, heavy door by the way - opened slowly just like somebody was coming in and then closed - only there was nobody there.  The barman looked at the clock which registered 3 minutes past noon and, so I was told, said "Aye - that'll be John coming in to say goodbye!"  I've no doubt that it was.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #481 on: December 19, 2011, 05:38 AM »

Neither have I Aileen! What a lovely story! Very Happy
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #482 on: December 27, 2011, 07:50 AM »

I'm so glad you posted this Aileen, 'coz not only is it interesting, but you also reminded me of a similar thing that happened to my Uncle just before he died! He was ill, but not bedridden.......He'd spend his day sitting in his armchair in the lounge! During this time, my mother visited him 'every' afternoon, even though she had to take two busses right across Glasgow to get there! She'd cook him a dinner and see to his laundry ect. One day he told her that he'd seen my other Uncle the previous evening! That he'd popped his head round the lounge door to say hello! This was something he'd always done when he arrived, before he died some years previously! My Uncle told my mother...."He looked beautiful! He was smiling and his face was glowing!" He died a few days later!
I'm quoting my own story, as this other incident happened during that same period.      One day when my mother arrived, my uncle said to her " You were here last night Mary!" My mother, thinking he was a little confused, answered " Yes Andy.......I've been coming every day!" My uncle then said    " I know you have, but I don't mean that! I mean later......after you'd gone home! I saw you sitting in that chair! [indicating the other armchair opposite his own]! You didn't say anything! You were just sitting there smiling at me.......You stayed quite a while!" to which my mother replied [truthfully]  "Well, I was thinking about you last night!"      These cases of 'living phantoms', where people have seen someone they know to be alive and healthy and maybe many miles away, even on the other side of the world, are more common than we think. Could it be that if we are perhaps worrying about someone we love, that our 'spirit' can sometimes pay that person a visit?
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #483 on: December 28, 2011, 04:47 AM »

I'm quoting my own story, as this other incident happened during that same period.      One day when my mother arrived, my uncle said to her " You were here last night Mary!" My mother, thinking he was a little confused, answered " Yes Andy.......I've been coming every day!" My uncle then said    " I know you have, but I don't mean that! I mean later......after you'd gone home! I saw you sitting in that chair! [indicating the other armchair opposite his own]! You didn't say anything! You were just sitting there smiling at me.......You stayed quite a while!" to which my mother replied [truthfully]  "Well, I was thinking about you last night!"      These cases of 'living phantoms', where people have seen someone they know to be alive and healthy and maybe many miles away, even on the other side of the world, are more common than we think. Could it be that if we are perhaps worrying about someone we love, that our 'spirit' can sometimes pay that person a visit?
I think I've read about something like this and my belief is that people close to death have a heightened level of perception, so they will naturally be more open to the "vibes" coming from their loved ones who will be focusing on them in their thinking, and that in some cases that could produce a physical manifestation.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #484 on: December 28, 2011, 09:47 AM »

I think that you could be right Aileen, but only for some instances.......perhaps even this one, but that would not explain the thousands of other documented instances, where the witnesses are in the best of health!
I wasn't aware of any of those.  Can you give me an example because I'm curious.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #485 on: December 28, 2011, 11:27 AM »

I wasn't aware of any of those.  Can you give me an example because I'm curious.
I don't have any other 'personal' examples Aileen! Most of the ones I've read about were in books, or on paranormal websites, mixed in with other types of stories!  One I do recall, is when a class of schoolchildren saw their teacher in the playground, when she was stood in front of them teaching class, but that's not the best example! If you're curious, try googling 'ghosts of people who are still alive' and see what you come up with!
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #486 on: December 28, 2011, 06:36 PM »

Coincidentally Aileen.......I've been having a look at a documentary series on YouTube called 'Haunted'! This comes in 13 parts, and this morning, when I reached part 11, they touched on 'living phantoms'! Not only did they say how some people could be seen by others while undergoing an OBE, but also said that certain world superpowers [no prizes for guessing], are actually experimenting with 'inducing' OBEs, and sending people off to certain locations, so they can report back what they have seen. They do this by placing the person inside a dark tank filled with warm water, so they are effectively deaf and blind! Verrrry interesting......don't you think? Oh.......no doubt, you'll be familiar with the warm water tank! They've been using that for various things for decades! Seems they've found a new use for it now!
[ Last edit by Caz December 28, 2011, 06:58 PM ] IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #487 on: December 28, 2011, 07:21 PM »

I think I've read about something like this and my belief is that people close to death have a heightened level of perception, so they will naturally be more open to the "vibes" coming from their loved ones who will be focusing on them in their thinking, and that in some cases that could produce a physical manifestation.
Aileen, I've deleted my post from this morning, because it isn't what I truly believe! I think you are right when you said........no....I 'know' you are right when you say that people close to death have a 'heightened level' of perception, but I believe they are open to much more than vibes! They are open to 'spirit' presence! I believe that my uncle saw my mother because she was there! Remember Buhweet's story? I think if there had been a 'psychic' present, he would have been seen! Maybe he was! We'll never know!
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #488 on: December 28, 2011, 07:29 PM »

Has anyone ever heard of 'indigo' people?
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #489 on: December 28, 2011, 08:32 PM »

Yes....I have Elly! I don't know enough to say whether I believe they exist or not, as I never met one........not that I know of anyway! My mind remains open on this one though!
[ Last edit by Caz December 28, 2011, 08:45 PM ] IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #490 on: December 28, 2011, 08:43 PM »

Yes....I have Elly!
I've been told by a medium that I am one, and my children both are.  I checked it out, and there's a lot I identify with. I've always felt 'different'. 
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #491 on: December 28, 2011, 08:46 PM »

I've 'edited' Elly! See above!
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #492 on: December 28, 2011, 09:05 PM »

To be honest Elly, I'm struggling to see how a medium would know! Indigo children are supposed to have all sorts of capabilities that the rest of us don't have! If you have them, you won't need a medium to tell you!
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #493 on: December 28, 2011, 09:33 PM »

To be honest Elly, I'm struggling to see how a medium would know! Indigo children are supposed to have all sorts of capabilities that the rest of us don't have! If you have them, you won't need a medium to tell you!
Apparently she knew because of the colour of my Aura.  As for the capabilities - these are often beaten down by upbringing and society in general, so some of us just tend to think we are misfits.  It is very hard to go around just 'knowing things' so you tend to keep them to yourself.  There are many indigo adults out there who struggle to deal with the not fitting in, but with no real clue as to why they don't.  There's not a big banner held up in front of you that says - hey this is you.

Maybe this will help you understand.  Don't worry Caz - I'm not here to justify myself to you or anyone, and I'm used to the skepticism.  Smile

http://www.sunfell.com/partone.htm

IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #494 on: December 28, 2011, 11:30 PM »

Excuse my ignorance but just what is an 'indigo' person?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 ... 45 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »