Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Spooks, spectres and the supernatural 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 ... 45 Go Down Reply
Author

Spooks, spectres and the supernatural

(Read 16374 times)
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #540 on: April 01, 2012, 10:50 AM »

Definitely a bit strange, but fact can often be stranger than fiction, so I have an open mind on this one.
Interesting story - reminds me of an experience of my own where I got help from the other side, also from my Dad, only no third party was involved.

Two years after my Dad, who was a baker, died I was staying with friends who lived in a big country house in its own extensive grounds not far from Manchester.  It was midsummer, and it was their practice each year to hold a fete in these grounds.  Food obviously had to be provided and I was given the task of baking scones - dozens of them!  The problem was I had never baked a scone in my life, only I didn't tell them that, so they must have presumed that I did know because I was given the ingredients but no recipe and left to get on with it.  I was on the point of admitting my ignorance and asking for instructions when I heard my Dad telling me exactly what I should do re measurements, consistency of dough, oven temp and times, and also how to tell if a scone was properly baked or not.  His voice was as clear as if he was standing right beside me - so much so that I actually turned round and said "Thanks, Dad"! 

How do you explain this logically?
wow that's amazingAileen,  I have only heard the odd word and once, it felt like someone one stroking my hair.I must admit I find it all so interesting.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #541 on: April 01, 2012, 10:52 AM »

Interesting story Deb! Can I just ask if you checked the batteries before changing them?
yes I did Caz and they were flat not a flicker!!
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #542 on: April 01, 2012, 11:07 AM »

Brilliant.......Thanks Deb! I hope you didn't mind me asking!
IP Logged
deb
Seed

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #543 on: April 01, 2012, 11:45 AM »

Brilliant.......Thanks Deb! I hope you didn't mind me asking!
No of course not, I would of thought exactly the same .  Very Happy
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #544 on: April 01, 2012, 04:02 PM »

Do you remember the recipe?
      lmao     I was going to ask that too! Maybe Aileen will post it on the recipe thread for us if she can remember it!
Ha-ha!  It was just the usual recipe for making scones that you'll find in any cookery book. Smile   
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #545 on: June 01, 2012, 03:11 AM »

I'm posting this in both the 'religiious thread' and the 'spooks, spectres and the supernatural' threads.
I'm neither superstitious, nor religious...but I saw this today and thought of both of these threads.
I just thought it was a cool, and, (to me) mathematical story.
I really do wish with all my heart I could join you folks... but my brain tells me otherwise.
Enjoy and believe... and I really do give you my respect. Smile

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/good-news/addison-logan-buys-polaroid-camera-garage-sale-finds-173808835.html
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #546 on: June 01, 2012, 10:24 AM »

Nice story Scot and an incredible coincidence [if that is all it is], but that's the thing about coincidences.......We can never know for sure. Have you read this thread? There is some truly fascinating stories on here. I'm hoping that some of our new members may have a few to share. Thanks for posting it!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #547 on: June 01, 2012, 04:08 PM »

Absolutely amazing - but these things do happen.  Whether coincidence or whether there's a reason behind them, I don't know.
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #548 on: June 24, 2012, 02:17 PM »

I have had two experiences.  One when I was working at Heathrow and I had been in the bathroom early in the morning and was dressing.  I felt someone in the room and looked up to see the top half of two men dressed in Puritan clothes who were smiling.  They disappeared.  I told my father who said that their had been an Elizabethan house on the site.

The other wass when I lost my horse who I had bred and brought up on the bottle as his mother died when he was born.  He broke his leg in the field.  Some weeks later I frequently saw him at the top of the field.  A lady who keerps her horses next to mine has also seen him.  The other horses were all at the bottom with me.

The strange thing that it never perturbed me.

I do sometimes have dreams which come true and also anticipate things which happen immediately after.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #549 on: June 24, 2012, 09:22 PM »

What an interesting story Tamila. I'm sorry to hear about your horse though. I know animals do 'go on' too. I've had several pets come back to see me. As a matter of fact, just last Sunday morning, I was woken by a loud whine at the side of the bed. I heard it twice! The first one woke me, and the second came just as I opened my eyes. This was something my dog done frequently, and I had answered him saying "Ok. I'm coming!" just as always, before I remembered he'd died in December! My companion and best friend of 16 years! It made my day to know that he hadn't forgotten me! I have had some scary encounters too though! I'm not surprised that you weren't perturbed. The two smiling men were obviously friendly and may have been just as surprised to see you, as you were to see them and it must be nice to see your horse! Do you still live there?
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #550 on: June 25, 2012, 06:48 AM »

Yes we do still have the field.  His sister who he lived with for 23 years will still not go over the hill to where he died and that was 3 years ago.  I tend to dream about him now rather than see him.
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #551 on: June 25, 2012, 01:15 PM »

What an interesting story Tamila. I'm sorry to hear about your horse though. I know animals do 'go on' too. I've had several pets come back to see me. As a matter of fact, just last Sunday morning, I was woken by a loud whine at the side of the bed. I heard it twice! The first one woke me, and the second came just as I opened my eyes. This was something my dog done frequently, and I had answered him saying "Ok. I'm coming!" just as always, before I remembered he'd died in December! My companion and best friend of 16 years! It made my day to know that he hadn't forgotten me! I have had some scary encounters too though! I'm not surprised that you weren't perturbed. The two smiling men were obviously friendly and may have been just as surprised to see you, as you were to see them and it must be nice to see your horse! Do you still live there?

Not trying to be a dick, but this sort of thing drives me crazy. Why do you immediately jump to the most unlikely explanation? Why do you say you 'know' any of this stuff, when all you are doing is leaping to conclusions based on what you want to be true? I mean, you hear a loud whine while you are at your least alert and assume that it must be your dead dog calling out for you? That is called 'confirmation bias'.

You have all of these stories of supernatural encounters, yet not once in human history has a single anecdote like yours ever been verified. Since your house seems to have more ghosts than the local graveyeard, why not phone up someone to verify all of this? Phone up James Randi and you'll win 1 million pounds for proving that you see ghosts.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #552 on: June 25, 2012, 03:58 PM »

Clydey, if this sort of thing drives you crazy, why bother reading it........and for someone who's not trying to be a dick, you're making a remarkably good job of it! Tell you what, when I die, I'm going to 'seek you out', and guess what I'll say to you?
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #553 on: June 25, 2012, 06:45 PM »

^^ lmao
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #554 on: June 25, 2012, 07:34 PM »

Clydey, if this sort of thing drives you crazy, why bother reading it........and for someone who's not trying to be a dick, you're making a remarkably good job of it! Tell you what, when I die, I'm going to 'seek you out', and guess what I'll say to you?

Let me guess. You'll moan loudly beside the bed and I'll think it's my dead pet guinea pig.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 ... 45 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »