Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Jurgen Melzer, Wednesday, Estimated time - 12:45pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Spooks, spectres and the supernatural 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 45 Go Down Reply
Author

Spooks, spectres and the supernatural

(Read 16815 times)
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #15 on: May 08, 2010, 05:37 AM »

Whoa Elly!  Go to bed because I'm going to mine!  Nite-nite.
'Night.... wave
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #16 on: May 08, 2010, 09:48 AM »

and always wore a green boiler suit. 

And a guy came by here yesterday wearing a deep Violet boilersuit ..... tres chic!

I've had the occasional thing happen to me - knowing when someone close (not physically) to me was going to pass away; being accompanied by someone's spirit while carrying their ashes in the car (I wondered about that for a long time i.e. if the senses were on red alert, but once the ashes were laid in the previously agreed place some time later, serenity resumed); knowing that a friend of many years had to get out of his house as it was going to burn down ... when I think about it I have a fairly long list, but it all seems normal to me as I am very in tune with my "group".  I once visited a psychic who told me that I was supressing this "gift" ... wish I could foresee the lottery numbers!!

IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #17 on: May 08, 2010, 09:53 AM »

And a guy came by here yesterday wearing a deep Violet boilersuit ..... tres chic!

I've had the occasional thing happen to me - knowing when someone close (not physically) to me was going to pass away; being accompanied by someone's spirit while carrying their ashes in the car (I wondered about that for a long time i.e. if the senses were on red alert, but once the ashes were laid in the previously agreed place some time later, serenity resumed); knowing that a friend of many years had to get out of his house as it was going to burn down ... when I think about it I have a fairly long list, but it all seems normal to me as I am very in tune with my "group".  I once visited a psychic who told me that I was supressing this "gift" ... wish I could foresee the lottery numbers!!

If you ever do foresee them, then remember to share.... Wink

It's all fascinating stuff, this.  yes
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #18 on: May 08, 2010, 09:58 AM »

If you ever do foresee them, then remember to share.... Wink

Uhmmmmmmmmmmm  ..... Whistle
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #19 on: May 08, 2010, 10:21 AM »

Nope, do not believe in ghosts in the slightest.

I have to agree with this. It's a load of bullsh*t.

All these things are a combination of coincidences, knowing people too well or subconsciously hearing stuff that then puts ideas into your head and you dream about it or by some process see something happen.

There has to be a practical explanation for everything.
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #20 on: May 08, 2010, 10:36 AM »

I'm on the fence with it and you ^ could be exactly right - but I'm going to keep an open mind.
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #21 on: May 08, 2010, 11:25 AM »

All these things are a combination of coincidences, knowing people too well or subconsciously hearing stuff that then puts ideas into your head and you dream about it or by some process see something happen.

I knew there was a reason I liked you.
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #22 on: May 08, 2010, 12:25 PM »

I knew there was a reason I liked you.

Nah it's just because you're a secret commie too. highfive

IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #23 on: May 08, 2010, 03:12 PM »

I don't believe in ghosts but I certainly wouldn't bet my life on it. To bet your life on something like this is to suggest you are all knowing and until the big mysteries of life, especially the cosmos, are fully understood then I don't think you should do that.
[ Last edit by Mark May 08, 2010, 03:16 PM ] IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #24 on: May 08, 2010, 03:18 PM »

I don't believe in ghosts but I certainly wouldn't bet my life on it. To bet your life on something like this is to suggest you are all knowing and until the big mysteries of life, especially the cosmos, are fully understood then I don't think you should do that.

Just an expression, Mark. In other words, I'm extremely confident that there's no such thing.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #25 on: May 08, 2010, 03:18 PM »

Fair enough Smile
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #26 on: May 08, 2010, 04:30 PM »

Whoa Elly!  Go to bed because I'm going to mine!  Nite-nite.
  Well, you two had a good night! What an interesting thread! Whilst I am totally open minded about all things which suggest a 'presence' I have never experienced anything significant. I think I must be 'six sense-less' as I can't always feel the things which supposedly should be there.  Dartmoor has  a great many menhirs (standing stones), circles and stone rows - Bronze Age man made his home here in warmer times. It is possible to feel a certain earth energy in these stones - a bit like water divining - and I have often stood with my hands either side of the large menhir at Merryvale, eyes closed as instructed, and hoped to feel the energy which others have described as a warm tingling sensation which sends a calm but energising feeling through your fingertips and into your body. Others have done exactly as I have and felt this lovely feeling but me? - Nothing!! My sister died last year of early onset Alzheimers and we often walked on the moor together during the early part of her illness and I took her to the menhir and had difficulty getting her to leave..... 'Oh it's wonderful', she said ' Gentle, energising - bring me back again'. And me? Can't feel a thing.

This same sister did have a gift of sorts. Where it came from I don't know but she had the ability in her later years to lay her hands on a painful part of a person's body and draw the pain away.  That's the only way I can describe it. Her husband said she had helped several people - could feel this pain and somehow could ease it. I remember when a few years ago I had been having trouble with my shoulder/neck for months and soon after I arrived to see her one day she said ' That should still troubling you? I can tell it is and don't tell me it's nothing just sit down here a minute'. Dutifully I sat and after verifying where the pain was she put her hands gently on the painful area - 'Oh dear', she said 'this is really painful; it's going right up my arm and down  my side.' She just moved her hands over my shoulder for a few minutes and then gave me a kiss and said 'Might help.' Within three days that deep seated pain had gradually faded away and it has never returned. It was an injury my doctor had suggested physio for and I was waiting for an appointment - I never needed it.
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #27 on: May 08, 2010, 04:32 PM »

Eeeek Jan ...... goosebumps!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #28 on: May 08, 2010, 07:39 PM »

I once had a very powerful dream that I was in an areoplane.  It was full of passengers at the lights were on, so it had to be dark outside.  I could feel the plane starting to move as it would along a runway.  Suddenly there was the horrible loud noise of tearing metal, the plane started juddering violently, the lights went out and people were screaming in panic.  I woke up shouting "It's going to crash!  It's going to crash!"  I felt so scared I got out of bed and ran over to the window.  I quickly realised I'd been dreaming and got back into bed.  The time on my bedside clock was just past 1.30 am.

I thought no more about it until I bought my morning paper and saw the bold headlines "92 killed in air crash".  Underneath were the words "At 1.30 this morning a BEA Vanguard bound for Edinbugh crashed on take-off at Heathrow Airport, killing all on board ....."

I'm waiting for the sceptics to tell me that, of course, air crashes are well documented, but I can't believe that my dream and its timing were coincidence.  It's just totally inexplicable.

Incidentally, when my mother was 7 years old she woke her parents up in the middle of the night and told them that the ship was sinking and that they must help all these people who were shouting and struggling in the cold water in the dark.  Later the following day, news came through of the sinking of the Titanic.  
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #29 on: May 08, 2010, 07:40 PM »

No, it really was just a coincidence, Aileen.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 45 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »