Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Spooks, spectres and the supernatural 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 ... 45 Go Down Reply
Author

Spooks, spectres and the supernatural

(Read 16268 times)
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #525 on: March 31, 2012, 04:35 AM »

I think the only spirits some of them will be seeing tonight will be in the pub! Very Happy
Yep!  Whistle
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #526 on: March 31, 2012, 12:24 PM »

Really, really odd coincidence has just happened to us.   Two years ago a very good friend's daughter gave birth to her first child on the same day that another very good friend of ours died.  On Thursday the same friend phoned to say that her daughter had just given birth to her second child - this morning we heard that another friend of ours had died on Thursday evening.  Very strange!
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #527 on: March 31, 2012, 12:45 PM »

Oh my goodness! It could be just coincidence of course, but strange enough to make the hairs stand up on the back of my neck!
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #528 on: March 31, 2012, 06:56 PM »

Oh that's happy and sad for you, but very hard to explain, are these things a coincidence ??
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #529 on: March 31, 2012, 07:03 PM »

I had another message from my lady I go to , which shows how our departed love ones help us,  my Dad came through and said I needed to make sure I had new batteries !! Well I couldn't think what that meant so I came home and put new ones in our torches. 3 weeks went by and my husband had a operation and was in bed, that evening a next door neighbour rang to say our cattle were out, so my son and myself took the TORCHES and went to look it was very dark and the cattle are brown and black in colour, we found them and got them back in the field. Thank goodness I had that message we would of been in a right mess stumbling around in the dark!!
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #530 on: March 31, 2012, 11:27 PM »

Oh that's happy and sad for you, but very hard to explain, are these things a coincidence ??

Yes.

Coincidences are always weird. That's why they are coincidences. It would be astonishing if coincidences never happened. Our problem is that we only notice when coincidences do happen and fail to recognise that 99% of the time nothing out of the ordinary happens. It is for that reason that people make bold claims based on mere coincidence.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #531 on: April 01, 2012, 02:57 AM »

Definitely a bit strange, but fact can often be stranger than fiction, so I have an open mind on this one.

I had another message from my lady I go to , which shows how our departed love ones help us,  my Dad came through and said I needed to make sure I had new batteries !! Well I couldn't think what that meant so I came home and put new ones in our torches. 3 weeks went by and my husband had a operation and was in bed, that evening a next door neighbour rang to say our cattle were out, so my son and myself took the TORCHES and went to look it was very dark and the cattle are brown and black in colour, we found them and got them back in the field. Thank goodness I had that message we would of been in a right mess stumbling around in the dark!!
Interesting story - reminds me of an experience of my own where I got help from the other side, also from my Dad, only no third party was involved.

Two years after my Dad, who was a baker, died I was staying with friends who lived in a big country house in its own extensive grounds not far from Manchester.  It was midsummer, and it was their practice each year to hold a fete in these grounds.  Food obviously had to be provided and I was given the task of baking scones - dozens of them!  The problem was I had never baked a scone in my life, only I didn't tell them that, so they must have presumed that I did know because I was given the ingredients but no recipe and left to get on with it.  I was on the point of admitting my ignorance and asking for instructions when I heard my Dad telling me exactly what I should do re measurements, consistency of dough, oven temp and times, and also how to tell if a scone was properly baked or not.  His voice was as clear as if he was standing right beside me - so much so that I actually turned round and said "Thanks, Dad"!  

How do you explain this logically?
IP Logged
adb..OH
Seed

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #532 on: April 01, 2012, 07:27 AM »

Do you remember the recipe?
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #533 on: April 01, 2012, 10:07 AM »

Yes.

Coincidences are always weird. That's why they are coincidences. It would be astonishing if coincidences never happened. Our problem is that we only notice when coincidences do happen and fail to recognise that 99% of the time nothing out of the ordinary happens. It is for that reason that people make bold claims based on mere coincidence.
Yes.....It's true that some people may make bold claims based on mere coincidence, but I can't recall anyone doing so on this thread, so far!
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #534 on: April 01, 2012, 10:14 AM »

Probably Deb, but very odd, just the same! If I was one of Alis's close friends, I think right about now, I may be hoping that the mother in question decides to 'stick' at two!  Very Happy
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #535 on: April 01, 2012, 10:17 AM »

I had another message from my lady I go to , which shows how our departed love ones help us,  my Dad came through and said I needed to make sure I had new batteries !! Well I couldn't think what that meant so I came home and put new ones in our torches. 3 weeks went by and my husband had a operation and was in bed, that evening a next door neighbour rang to say our cattle were out, so my son and myself took the TORCHES and went to look it was very dark and the cattle are brown and black in colour, we found them and got them back in the field. Thank goodness I had that message we would of been in a right mess stumbling around in the dark!!
Interesting story Deb! Can I just ask if you checked the batteries before changing them?
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #536 on: April 01, 2012, 10:18 AM »

Probably Deb, but very odd, just the same! If I was one of Alis's close friends, I think right about now, I may be hoping that the mother in question decides to 'stick' at two!  Very Happy

Me too, Caz!
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #537 on: April 01, 2012, 10:27 AM »

Definitely a bit strange, but fact can often be stranger than fiction, so I have an open mind on this one.
Interesting story - reminds me of an experience of my own where I got help from the other side, also from my Dad, only no third party was involved.

Two years after my Dad, who was a baker, died I was staying with friends who lived in a big country house in its own extensive grounds not far from Manchester.  It was midsummer, and it was their practice each year to hold a fete in these grounds.  Food obviously had to be provided and I was given the task of baking scones - dozens of them!  The problem was I had never baked a scone in my life, only I didn't tell them that, so they must have presumed that I did know because I was given the ingredients but no recipe and left to get on with it.  I was on the point of admitting my ignorance and asking for instructions when I heard my Dad telling me exactly what I should do re measurements, consistency of dough, oven temp and times, and also how to tell if a scone was properly baked or not.  His voice was as clear as if he was standing right beside me - so much so that I actually turned round and said "Thanks, Dad"! 

How do you explain this logically?
Wow Aileen! One of my sisters also heard my dead sisters voice speaking to her on two different occasions, shortly after her death! In fact I myself have heard the voice of spirits on two occasions, but they were both strangers and I'd rather not hear them again! I was totally freaked!  nervous
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #538 on: April 01, 2012, 10:29 AM »

Me too, Caz!
  lmao
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #539 on: April 01, 2012, 10:32 AM »

Do you remember the recipe?
     lmao     I was going to ask that too! Maybe Aileen will post it on the recipe thread for us if she can remember it!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 ... 45 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »