Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Spooks, spectres and the supernatural 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 ... 46 Go Down Reply
Author

Spooks, spectres and the supernatural

(Read 18281 times)
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #555 on: June 25, 2012, 10:23 PM »

Haters gonna hate logic.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #556 on: June 25, 2012, 10:39 PM »

Caz... last time I heard a loud whine at the side of the bed, that was my hubbster begging again. lol
Sorry... couldn't resist. hug
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #557 on: June 25, 2012, 11:49 PM »

Oooh Linda you are naughty ... naughty  Very Happy
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #558 on: June 26, 2012, 05:27 AM »

Caz... last time I heard a loud whine at the side of the bed, that was my hubbster begging again. lol
Sorry... couldn't resist. hug
  w00t lmao lmao
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #559 on: June 26, 2012, 08:42 AM »

Let me guess. You'll moan loudly beside the bed and I'll think it's my dead pet guinea pig.
    Oh......what did your guinea pig die of Clydey........boredom?   Rolling Eyes Change the record!
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #560 on: August 25, 2012, 01:41 PM »

Strange story of the day.  Our local vet woke up on Thursday night to see an owl sitting at the bottom of her bed - a bit strange perhaps but not untoward as it was a hot night and the windows were wide open.  She shooed it out and thought no more of it.  On Friday night she woke up to find the same owl sitting at the bottom of her bed.  On closer examination she realised that it had a broken beak and so could not feed.  She has taken it into her surgery this morning to see if she can do something with it but is not sure if she can save it.  Question - how did the owl know where to find the only vet on the island?
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #561 on: August 25, 2012, 03:08 PM »

She must radiate good vibes. Animals know who will be kind to them.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #562 on: August 25, 2012, 03:52 PM »

Well Alis, owls are known for their wisdom, so there may be more truth in that than we think. Seriously though, I believe animals are a lot smarter than we give them credit for and  I think there's some truth in what Littlebuddha says too. What an interesting story. I do hope your vet can help the owl after all the trouble it went to, to get her attention! Please let us know the outcome if you can!
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #563 on: August 25, 2012, 04:18 PM »

Strange story of the day.  Our local vet woke up on Thursday night to see an owl sitting at the bottom of her bed - a bit strange perhaps but not untoward as it was a hot night and the windows were wide open.  She shooed it out and thought no more of it.  On Friday night she woke up to find the same owl sitting at the bottom of her bed.  On closer examination she realised that it had a broken beak and so could not feed.  She has taken it into her surgery this morning to see if she can do something with it but is not sure if she can save it.  Question - how did the owl know where to find the only vet on the island?
Animals are so clever, my daughters a vetainary nurse, and she tells me lots of special things animals do.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #564 on: August 25, 2012, 04:25 PM »

Well the amazing thing that happened to me was when Andy was about to play in the Olympics, and I was told to do meditation and asked would Andy do well at the olympics, well I did and nothing really happened, I then went for a walk with my dogs and in the sky was two massive clouds and Inbetween  was the most fantastic bright rainbow and I thought I should have my camera with me, then as clear as anything a voice said in my ear, and what do you get at the end of a rainbow!! Gold, and Andy went on and got a  gold medal . I wrote it done and dated it put it in a envelope and sealed it and told my friend to open it after the olympics.

IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #565 on: August 28, 2012, 12:46 AM »

Fascinating story Alis and I do hope the owl survived.  I've always believed that animals have a preternatural cognition of their own - I used to be fascinated by a neighbour's cat which used to visit my flat when she was at work, and without fail he would start meowing to be let out several minutes before I could actually hear her footsteps in the entrance passageway.  The flat was situated at the back of the building so no way could he have heard her walking along the pavement.  Also her hours were erratic so timing didn't come into it.  Freaky!

Well the amazing thing that happened to me was when Andy was about to play in the Olympics, and I was told to do meditation and asked would Andy do well at the olympics, well I did and nothing really happened, I then went for a walk with my dogs and in the sky was two massive clouds and Inbetween  was the most fantastic bright rainbow and I thought I should have my camera with me, then as clear as anything a voice said in my ear, and what do you get at the end of a rainbow!! Gold, and Andy went on and got a  gold medal . I wrote it done and dated it put it in a envelope and sealed it and told my friend to open it after the olympics.
I love that story, Deb.  What an amazing experience.

IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #566 on: August 28, 2012, 12:05 PM »

Sadly, despite the vet's best efforts, the owl didn't make it.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #567 on: August 28, 2012, 12:19 PM »

Awwww........What a shame Alis. Still......better a fast, painless death than a long, lingering painful one!  Frown
IP Logged
deb
Seed

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #568 on: August 28, 2012, 01:16 PM »

Oh that's so sad Alis, what a shame, but as Caz said at least tha owl hopefully didn't suffer.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #569 on: August 28, 2012, 01:17 PM »

Thanks Aileen, I was rather pleased, going to try and meditate some more and see what happens.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 ... 46 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »