Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Spooks, spectres and the supernatural 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 ... 45 Go Down Reply
Author

Spooks, spectres and the supernatural

(Read 15947 times)
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #570 on: August 28, 2012, 05:00 PM »

Oh that's so sad Alis, what a shame, but as Caz said at least tha owl hopefully didn't suffer.

It is a shame - a story like that really deserves a happy ending.  Still at least it was dispatched humanely and didn't starve to death.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #571 on: August 29, 2012, 01:39 AM »

It is a shame - a story like that really deserves a happy ending.  Still at least it was dispatched humanely and didn't starve to death.
That's the one blessing, Alis.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #572 on: August 30, 2012, 06:18 AM »

Now, you know this isn't my thing, but wanted to share this with you spookies, specs and supers.

I watched Kim Clijsters played her last final major singles tonight (I will miss her).. and a wee bit later she was interviewed on the ESPN desk by Darren Cahill, Chrissie Evert & Co.
They did, of course, congratulate her about her incredible legacy, but then brought up the subject of her (deceased) father.
She couldn't stop talking about him, and how she believed he still remained in her life.
Just google it if you're interested.
I'm glad she's found some comfort. Smile
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #573 on: August 31, 2012, 03:56 AM »

Now, you know this isn't my thing, but wanted to share this with you spookies, specs and supers.

I watched Kim Clijsters played her last final major singles tonight (I will miss her).. and a wee bit later she was interviewed on the ESPN desk by Darren Cahill, Chrissie Evert & Co.
They did, of course, congratulate her about her incredible legacy, but then brought up the subject of her (deceased) father.
She couldn't stop talking about him, and how she believed he still remained in her life.
Just google it if you're interested.
I'm glad she's found some comfort. Smile
Well I've googled everything I can think of, including the ESPN website, and can't find this interview.  Probably a case of "another day another Desk".  Shame, I'd like to have heard what she had to say.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #574 on: August 31, 2012, 06:18 AM »

Yes.....I tried too!
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #575 on: August 31, 2012, 06:50 PM »

Sorry.. didn't make myself clear, I just meant google Kim and her father, not the interview.
Have a read of this, I'm sure you'll find it interesting:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/jan/09/kim-clijsters-australian-open
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #576 on: August 31, 2012, 10:05 PM »

Sorry.. didn't make myself clear, I just meant google Kim and her father, not the interview.
I did do that too but all I could come up with was -

"After my dad passed away, it [tennis] was the perfect release for me to deal with a lot of things.

"And at the same time to think on court about life and about what happens - and once in a while just smack the ball as hard as you can to get a lot of the frustration out."

Have a read of this, I'm sure you'll find it interesting:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/jan/09/kim-clijsters-australian-open
Goodness - that is quite amazing and very uplifting.  Coincidences?  I don't think so.  I'd really love to hear the rest of her experiences.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #577 on: September 01, 2012, 01:53 PM »

Well, it may be just coincidences.......guess we'll never know, but when there are so many, it makes you wonder. It doesn't really matter anyway if it gives her comfort. Interesting story Scot! Thanks for posting!
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #578 on: October 31, 2012, 09:41 AM »

Happy Halloween everyone! Just thought I'd draw your attention to this thread in case you'd never seen it! Have any of you newbies got a spooky experience to share? If not, you could always pass a bit of time reading other members stories while you're waiting to see Andy! It is Halloween after all !  nervous  w00t
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #579 on: October 31, 2012, 05:39 PM »

Time it was revived Caz.  It's been "dead" for two months now. lol
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #580 on: October 31, 2012, 06:04 PM »

Hubby has had his ghost story published in a NZ mag for a Halloween special. Very Happy He keeps singing when will I be famous now Eyebrow raise. They did edit it a bit but at least they printed it.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #581 on: October 31, 2012, 06:05 PM »

Time it was revived Caz.  It's been "dead" for two months now. lol

lol
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #582 on: October 31, 2012, 08:16 PM »

Hubby has had his ghost story published in a NZ mag for a Halloween special. Very Happy He keeps singing when will I be famous now Eyebrow raise. They did edit it a bit but at least they printed it.
Wow! That's brilliant Bev! Ask him if I can have his autograph!  w00t
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #583 on: October 31, 2012, 08:17 PM »

Time it was revived Caz.  It's been "dead" for two months now. lol
I know Aileen.......Just thought I'd put in a wee ad.!  lmao
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #584 on: October 31, 2012, 08:29 PM »

That's great, good for him.  clap
Can you scan it and post it, Bev? I'm sure lots of folks would love to read it.
I'm trying (and failing tbh) to get my writing groove back. Been published a few times but somehow lost the spark. Hoping to ignite it again.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 ... 45 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »