Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Spooks, spectres and the supernatural 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 ... 45 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural  (Read 14706 times)
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #585 on: November 01, 2012, 12:19 AM »

Wow! That's brilliant Bev! Ask him if I can have his autograph!  w00t

lol

That's great, good for him.  clap
Can you scan it and post it, Bev? I'm sure lots of folks would love to read it.
I'm trying (and failing tbh) to get my writing groove back. Been published a few times but somehow lost the spark. Hoping to ignite it again.

I will ask sir if he doesn't mind me posting Very Happy
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #586 on: November 01, 2012, 03:41 AM »

lol

I will ask sir if he doesn't mind me posting Very Happy
Tell him he has an eager readership ...
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #587 on: November 01, 2012, 07:21 AM »

Which mag. is it in Bev and when is it out?
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #588 on: November 01, 2012, 07:26 AM »

It's out now in NZ and Oz and it's called Lucky Break.  We buy it as it has lots of puzzles in it.  We've won a blue ray dvd and then hubby entered this ghost story malarkey.  He's won $300 for his story, though we're yet to see the cold hard cash search

Tell him he has an eager readership ...

Will do Very Happy

Apparently I can't put it on MW (publishing rights or something) but can pm it you, so, when I get a moment, I will Very Happy

Off to watch Downton now wave
[ Last edit by Bevc November 01, 2012, 07:31 AM ] IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #589 on: November 01, 2012, 09:41 AM »

It's out now in NZ and Oz and it's called Lucky Break.  We buy it as it has lots of puzzles in it.  We've won a blue ray dvd and then hubby entered this ghost story malarkey.  He's won $300 for his story, though we're yet to see the cold hard cash search

Will do Very Happy

Apparently I can't put it on MW (publishing rights or something) but can pm it you, so, when I get a moment, I will Very Happy

Off to watch Downton now wave
Brilliant! Me too please Bev!  yes
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #590 on: November 29, 2012, 04:33 PM »

From Jamie's twitter :

Jamie Murray‏@jamie_murray

Extremely Scary Ghost Elevator Prank in Brazil

IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #591 on: November 30, 2012, 02:32 AM »

From Jamie's twitter :

I'd be terrified if that happened to me.  Can't understand how some folk think playing pranks like this is amusing.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #592 on: November 30, 2012, 11:05 AM »

Oh my..........It's a wonder that none of those people had a heart attack!
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

You mesmerize me, Andy

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #593 on: December 08, 2012, 01:43 PM »

From Jamie's twitter :

OMG....How do people find this funny??
It is damn scary..
I would surely faint if that happened to me.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #594 on: December 09, 2012, 10:42 AM »

Have you, or anyone you know ever seen a ghost Zarfeen?
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

You mesmerize me, Andy

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #595 on: December 09, 2012, 10:51 AM »

No Caz, I don't believe in them, actually.

But there is one incident that I do remember. My great grandpa was on his deathbed and was just a few seconds away from dying. He said, "Ahh, the doctor has come. Tell him I'm not feeling too good now." And that was it. He was gone. But actually, no one had entered the room. In our religion, they say that just a few seconds from dying, you see a spirit or an angel or something that has come to take you to heaven. I don't know how far that is true but my family members say that he had seen that and thought it was the doctor. I was too small to understand all this and didn't really know what to believe..

Have you ever seen a ghost or something Caz???
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #596 on: December 09, 2012, 11:29 AM »

Read this thread Zar!  Whistle
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

You mesmerize me, Andy

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #597 on: December 09, 2012, 11:33 AM »

I was actually reading the initial pages of the thread right now and have an idea on who believes in ghosts and who doesn't...
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #598 on: December 10, 2012, 08:43 PM »

No Caz, I don't believe in them, actually.

But there is one incident that I do remember. My great grandpa was on his deathbed and was just a few seconds away from dying. He said, "Ahh, the doctor has come. Tell him I'm not feeling too good now." And that was it. He was gone. But actually, no one had entered the room. In our religion, they say that just a few seconds from dying, you see a spirit or an angel or something that has come to take you to heaven. I don't know how far that is true but my family members say that he had seen that and thought it was the doctor. I was too small to understand all this and didn't really know what to believe..
I can totally accept that what your granddad saw was indeed a spirit come to lead him to "the other side".

I recall a similar incident.  The day before my mother died she told me that my father had walked down the ward, stood at the foot of her bed briefly and then walked away again.  Weird?  My father had been dead for over five years!  I reckon that in his own way he was saying that he was waiting for her to join him.
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #599 on: December 11, 2012, 12:12 PM »

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 ... 45 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »