Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Spooks, spectres and the supernatural 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 Go Down Reply
Author

Spooks, spectres and the supernatural

(Read 15709 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #600 on: February 11, 2013, 04:09 AM »

I've just remember this story, which I don't think I've related on here.  Time this thread got revived anyway.  I'm sure there must be some newbies who've had spooky experiences.

My Gran had a grandfather clock in the hall which she wound up every three days using a huge key.  The weird thing was that the clock stopped at 05:10 am on the morning she died ... at 05:10 am! w00t  It never worked again either although my aunt, who lived with her, kept trying.  She finally consulted a clock repairer who said that the reason for this was because the clock had got used to my Gran's 'touch' when winding it and so didn't respond to anyone else doing it ...
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #601 on: February 12, 2013, 01:12 PM »

Oh my goodness Aileen.......What are the chances of that? :confused  Spooky, but kind of nice too!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #602 on: February 12, 2013, 07:13 PM »

Oh my goodness Aileen.......What are the chances of that? :confused  Spooky, but kind of nice too!
My Gran was very attached to that clock, and always insisted on winding it up herself even when her rheumatic fingers made it difficult, so perhaps this isn't so surprising.  Admittedly it could have been about three days since she'd last wound it, but if that was coincidence then it's a pretty amazing one.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #603 on: February 12, 2013, 07:18 PM »

And they say time is a great healer.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #604 on: February 12, 2013, 08:05 PM »

And they say time is a great healer.

Robbie and his infamous one liners.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #605 on: February 12, 2013, 08:53 PM »

Robbie and his infamous one liners.
And they're not welcome either on threads which are supposed to be about fairly serious matters.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #606 on: February 12, 2013, 09:09 PM »

^Hang on a minute.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #607 on: February 12, 2013, 09:34 PM »

^ It's certainly ambiguous, if that's what you were trying to be.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #608 on: February 12, 2013, 09:58 PM »

Oh deary deary
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #609 on: February 14, 2013, 09:41 AM »

Ahhh....c'mon Aileen! It's just Robbie being Robbie........trying to 'wind you up'! w00t
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #610 on: February 14, 2013, 09:51 AM »

Excuse me if I've told this on here already, but my dad's side of the family had this old photograph of the ancestors......You know.....one of those old sepia jobs with everyone dressed in black and looking grim. Anyhow, apparently, it used to fall of the wall just before a family member would die! No reason.....nail intact ect. My mum always told my dad that if he ever inherited it, she would chuck it straight in the midden! Thankfully, it never did come to him, so somebody before him must have had the same idea!  Very Happy
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #611 on: February 14, 2013, 03:14 PM »

This thread is creepy....
I kinda get goosebumps whenever I read Ail's or Caz's stories..
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #612 on: February 14, 2013, 09:16 PM »

This thread is creepy....
I kinda get goosebumps whenever I read Ail's or Caz's stories..
I'm being serious when I say this, Zarfeen - don't read this thread if it makes you feel uncomfortable.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #613 on: February 15, 2013, 04:30 AM »

I'm being serious when I say this, Zarfeen - don't read this thread if it makes you feel uncomfortable.

Dont worry, I was contemplating the same thought...now that even you suggested, I think I better stay off this thread. Smile
Earlier I used to take it easy but nowadays...
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #614 on: February 16, 2013, 09:03 AM »

Dont worry, I was contemplating the same thought...now that even you suggested, I think I better stay off this thread. Smile
Earlier I used to take it easy but nowadays...
Why Zar? Did someone scare you?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »