Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Spooks, spectres and the supernatural 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 [44] 45 Go Down Reply
Author

Spooks, spectres and the supernatural

(Read 15189 times)
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #645 on: May 10, 2013, 02:53 PM »

Mediums are recipients …well, mostly. There are channellers too that can go both ways. They have the ability to tune into different frequencies. We all have this ability even animals. It’s just that some are more focused on it and are open about it. I understand some are just born with this ability and they don't have to do much. It doesn’t happen to closed minded people as their frequencies are off because they prefer to believe it in that way.

It is nothing paranormal or supernatural. To mediums, it’s pretty much a regular thing.

Near death, out of body and all other experiences that can’t be explained within the current model are basically paranormal and supernatural experiences. I had a couple of out of body experiences but it was an experience that I won’t be able to prove it to anyone because of its very nature. It's a subjective experience and doesn't involve the material realm.

You hit the nail on the head EJ - for a person who channels his or her energy this way - it's the norm.  For others it's just something else to ridicule because it's not within their grasp of reality. 
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #646 on: May 10, 2013, 02:54 PM »

That's ok Linda......The answer to your question is simple. While mediums can 'open' themselves to the spirit world and 'invite' them, they can't 'demand' that they come, nor produce them like a magician pulling a rabbit out of a hat. The spirits only come when 'they' want to and when they do, they usually have a purpose. This could be to pass on a message or to ask for help to move on, or mabye just to scare the crap out of somebody, just for a laugh!  lmao  I very much doubt though, that many of them would be interested in performing tricks for a bunch of sceptics in a controlled enviroment! I know I wouldn't!
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #647 on: May 10, 2013, 02:59 PM »

That's a good point too. Mediums can't demand things either. The spirits won't show up if they don't feel like it. But typically most spirits are good people and they like to communicate as well. I'd say they tend to hang around mediums a great deal.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #648 on: May 10, 2013, 03:02 PM »

That's ok Linda......The answer to your question is simple. While mediums can 'open' themselves to the spirit world and 'invite' them, they can't 'demand' that they come, nor produce them like a magician pulling a rabbit out of a hat. The spirits only come when 'they' want to and when they do, they usually have a purpose. This could be to pass on a message or to ask for help to move on, or mabye just to scare the crap out of somebody, just for a laugh!  lmao  I very much doubt though, that many of them would be interested in performing tricks for a bunch of sceptics in a controlled enviroment! I know I wouldn't!
The thing that bothers me most - is that they charge people money for their services. A gift is for sharing - not for making money. 
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #649 on: May 10, 2013, 03:08 PM »

The thing that bothers me most - is that they charge people money for their services. A gift is for sharing - not for making money. 

I don't understand that either. But I'd say a lot of them are fake too and they are probably the ones who charge money the most. As to the real ones, I guess if it’s a full time thing, then they need to get by as well so not much wrong with that if they just charge a minimum. I'd see why they would do that and I think that’s okay.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #650 on: May 10, 2013, 03:13 PM »

Not all of them do Elly. Gordon Smith 'the psychic barber from Glasgow used to do sittings for free for parents who had lost a child and to be honest, I wouldn't begrudge paying the good ones. After all, we all have to make a living, but I can't stand the charlatans or the ones like that Sylvia Browne who exploit people's grief and charge them a fortune. Also, my sister had to call in a medium to clear her house in the end and the guy was there for about two hours, but would only take £5 for his petrol, even though she tried to give him more! He did a great job too!
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #651 on: May 10, 2013, 03:16 PM »

I don't understand that either. But I'd say a lot of them are fake too and they are probably the ones who charge money the most. As to the real ones, I guess if it’s a full time thing, then they need to get by as well so not much wrong with that if they just charge a minimum. I'd see why they would do that and I think that’s okay.
I agree a lot are fake.  Any person with any intention to help, will have a day job that doesn't involve his or her ego and will not feel the need to take money.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #652 on: May 10, 2013, 03:26 PM »

I was a big fan of John Edward and still am but I think he charges significant amount for a personal sitting. $500 and that was a few years ago.

I wouldn't charge anything. For me, it would be helping out people but then again, given his demand, this is a full time job for him.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #653 on: August 14, 2013, 08:45 PM »

I know my dog sees things though,'coz he does at home too. I wouldn't say my house is haunted....it isn't.......but, I know I get the occasional 'visitor'. I can tell when he's seeing something, but, he never gets upset. I don't know if that's because he is seeing the same thing and has been seeing it all his life! I'll never know 'coz he can't tell me. I myself have only ever seen something on two occasions and both times, it was in my own house. The first was on a Sat. afternoon. My husband was watching football downstairs, so I had gone up to watch telly in my bedroom as I'm not really into footie. I do watch the important matches with him though, as I know it's nicer if you have someone to watch with. I always cheer for England [unless they're playing Scotland] of course. Anyway, there I was, lying on top of my bed, and Boy was by my feet with his back to me. It was a lovely day outside, so the bedroom was well lit. I had left the door wide open so the dog could go downstairs if he needed a drink ect. Suddenly, I saw a round ball come floating in the door. It was a dull, dusky pink colour and was slightly transparent. I'd say it was about the size of a melon....not quite as big as a football. It had what looke like 'glitter' inside, which was kind of swirling gently. Also the ball was changing shape slightly, a bit like a bubble. It was floating about 5 feet off the floor. Funnily enough, I never felt any fear, just fascination. I sat up and just stared for maybe a full minute. I looked at my dog who hadn't moved at all. He may have been asleep...I couldn't see his face.  Then the 'bubble' just seemed to 'pop' out if existence! Only about 2 weeks later, I again seen [I think the same thing] in my bedroom. This time it was night and the only light was from my small tv. I was lying in bed when I caught a bit of movement out of the corner of my eye, near the ceiling. I was surprised to see what looked like a handful of glitter in the corner to my left, wher the two walls meet the ceiling. No ball this time, just the glitter swirling slowly. I sat up and just stared in amazement until it faded away. Again no fear and no reaction from Boy. My mother in law had passed away just a few months previously and I've often wondered if it was her!
Here it is Aileen!  w00t The only thing I forgot to mention, but I remember it vividly, is that the 'glitter' was multicoloured!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #654 on: August 15, 2013, 05:10 AM »

^ That sounds really beautiful, so your mother-in-law, if it was her, must have been a lovely person.

I had a similar but less colourful experience once when I was sitting in a corner of lighted room doing some needlework when I looked up and saw a whitish, almost translucent round object slightly bigger than a tennis ball floating across the middle of the room about 5 feet above the ground before disappearing into the wall.  I didn't feel at all scared by it because that flat always had friendly spirits, most of whom were just passers by, so to speak.

I also had some leafy potted plants on a low ledge on one of the walls and every so often the leaves would move, always in the same direction, just as if somebody was passing their hand through them.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #655 on: August 16, 2013, 02:12 PM »

My sister had a similar one to your 'orb' experience  Aileen. Her son who would have been about 9 or 10 at the time, witnessed it with her. This happened in broad daylight, as they were sat side by side watching TV. The TV was sitting on one of those open stands, like a table with a shelf underneath and was only about 6 or 7 feet away, directly in front of them. This happened many years ago, when TVs were fairly small. All of a sudden, a ball of brilliant white light came shooting from somewhere behind the TV, shot out from under it through the open stand and towards them before veering away and shooting straight out through the closed window......and gone!  They both saw it and described it as about the size of a tennis ball too!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #656 on: August 16, 2013, 06:14 PM »

That's amazing!  Strange though how people usually associate these kind of events with nightime and darkness, yet that happened during the day and mine in a well-lit room
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #657 on: August 16, 2013, 06:38 PM »

Aileen.......day, night, lights on or off.......makes no difference to them!  Whistle
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #658 on: August 16, 2013, 06:57 PM »

Aileen.......day, night, lights on or off.......makes no difference to them!  Whistle
I do know that, but I reckon they probably don't even notice because they are, after all, in another 'world'.  
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Spooks, spectres and the supernatural « Reply #659 on: August 16, 2013, 07:14 PM »

I think they're in 'the real' world and it's we who are in another world......after all, our world is only temporary.......their's is forever!  w00t
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 [44] 45 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »