Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?

MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Stargate Franchise (SG-1, Atlantis, Universe) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Reply
Author

Stargate Franchise (SG-1, Atlantis, Universe)

(Read 3414 times)
Mark
Murraymaniac

Stargate Franchise (SG-1, Atlantis, Universe) « on: September 25, 2006, 11:26 PM »

Mod NoticeChanged topic to cover Stargate franchise as spin-offs have been made.

I know this is old news but thought I'd make a thread about it. I'm quite a big SG-1 fan and have watched every episode (excluding a few of the recent ones) of the show which started back in 1997 - so it's has been going for a long time! It's very sad SCI-FI decided to ditch the show but at least there is Stargate Atlantis which I actually prefer over SG-1 especially after Richard Dean Anderson, which is one of my favourite actors, left the show.
STARGATE SG1 CANCELLED - Interviews!!
[ Last edit by Mark July 22, 2009, 10:40 AM ] IP Logged
davidB
John McEnroe

If at first you don't succeed, you fail.

Re: Stargate Franchise (SG-1, Atlantis, Universe) « Reply #1 on: September 25, 2006, 11:48 PM »

Crying or Very sad it set records... and i prefered it over Atlantis... but luckily i have BATTLESTAR GALACTICA and DR WHO to carry on my sci fi soul........ i can't believe sci fi wanted to ditch it though... it had like what 10 good shows of its own in its entire history......
IP Logged
rafa
Grand Slam Champion

We have unlimited juice?This party is off the hook

Re: Stargate Franchise (SG-1, Atlantis, Universe) « Reply #2 on: September 25, 2006, 11:52 PM »

starga(y)te has finally been put out of it misery  cmon yeah
IP Logged
davidB
John McEnroe

Re: Stargate Franchise (SG-1, Atlantis, Universe) « Reply #3 on: September 25, 2006, 11:56 PM »

*is on the brink of madness* hi rafa? care to repeat that?

come on mark...  help me out here..........
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: Stargate Franchise (SG-1, Atlantis, Universe) « Reply #4 on: September 26, 2006, 12:01 AM »

Stargate is a brilliant show. But I only liked it when RDA was in it.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Stargate Franchise (SG-1, Atlantis, Universe) « Reply #5 on: September 26, 2006, 12:02 AM »

MacGyver and SG-1 Anyone used to watch this? I got into MacGyver for a little while just for RDA and I love the theme tune!  yay

SG-1 theme music with commentary from writers and the director.

SG-1 - 200th: StarTrek lmao

SG-1 - 200th: The Puppet Scene roflmao

IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Stargate Franchise (SG-1, Atlantis, Universe) « Reply #6 on: September 26, 2006, 12:07 AM »

Stargate SG-1 is of course a brilliant show but did lose a lot of it's greatness when RDA left which was very sad.

In addition to holding the record for the longest-running science fiction series ever produced in North America, the series is largely responsible for making SCI FI a Top 10 cable network.

MGM has a great deal invested in an expanding field of licensing, official conventions, syndication, and international TV distribution. Notable is the upcoming MMORPG video game Stargate Worlds, perhaps the franchise's largest licensed project to date, due out at the end of 2007.

What is to come? Both the producers and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer have expressed a desire to continue the hit franchise with not just Stargate Atlantis, but something new in the future -- be it an SG-1 feature film or TV mini-series, or a third television show.

IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Re: Stargate Franchise (SG-1, Atlantis, Universe) « Reply #7 on: September 26, 2006, 12:09 AM »

MacGyver? Isn't that what Patty and Selma watch in the Simpsons?!! roflmao
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Stargate Franchise (SG-1, Atlantis, Universe) « Reply #8 on: September 26, 2006, 12:10 AM »

MacGyver? Isn't that what Patty and Selma watch in the Simpsons?!! roflmao

Yes! roflmao

Did you see the episode with the Stargate convention?
IP Logged
davidB
John McEnroe

Re: Stargate Franchise (SG-1, Atlantis, Universe) « Reply #9 on: September 26, 2006, 12:13 AM »

i LURVE macgyver!!!

"dont tell me you know how to make a bomb out of a stick of chewing gum!"
"why? ya got some?"
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: Stargate Franchise (SG-1, Atlantis, Universe) « Reply #10 on: September 26, 2006, 12:17 AM »

Just watched the puppet scene!! roflmao hahaha! Brilliant!
IP Logged
davidB
John McEnroe

Re: Stargate Franchise (SG-1, Atlantis, Universe) « Reply #11 on: September 26, 2006, 12:21 AM »

i love the star trek one... and the puppet thing is great...
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Stargate Franchise (SG-1, Atlantis, Universe) « Reply #12 on: September 26, 2006, 03:18 AM »

Stargate is a brilliant show. But I only liked it when RDA was in it.

I concur.

Luckily, they are still showing 'old' episodes over here.

Stargate Atlantis never quite 'did it' for me in a way that Stargate SG-1 did  Crying or Very sad
IP Logged
XCW4EVA
Challenger Level

Re: Stargate Franchise (SG-1, Atlantis, Universe) « Reply #13 on: September 26, 2006, 12:19 PM »

I concur.

Luckily, they are still showing 'old' episodes over here.

Stargate Atlantis never quite 'did it' for me in a way that Stargate SG-1 did  Crying or Very sad

The Film had 'ownage' over the TV show
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Stargate Franchise (SG-1, Atlantis, Universe) « Reply #14 on: May 09, 2007, 08:22 PM »

I just saw the last episode, how very sad Sad, walking about.

Spoiler:
Especially as Vala and Daniel actually got together as a couple but because they had to go back in time they didn't find out they had a relationship.

Anyway, apparently a new Stargate movie is coming out very soon with the crew back in action with RDA as well! cmon yeah
[ Last edit by Mark May 09, 2007, 08:22 PM ] IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »