Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Off-topic discussions [merged] 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 394 395 396 [397] 398 399 400 ... 514 Go Down Reply
Author

Off-topic discussions [merged]

(Read 59210 times)
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Off-topic discussions [merged] « Reply #5940 on: April 17, 2013, 07:26 PM »

That's a bad thing. Frown
If I remember correctly, the reports on you were about incidents that were not heat of the moment so perhaps caught people off guard.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Off-topic discussions [merged] « Reply #5941 on: April 17, 2013, 07:27 PM »

If I remember correctly, your reports were about incidents that were not heat of the moment so perhaps caught people off guard.

I see. I have a bit of a cruel sense of humour I must admit. That's me, can't be helped sometimes.
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Off-topic discussions [merged] « Reply #5942 on: April 17, 2013, 08:26 PM »

You know what your problem is? You say things and you never back them up. On the other hand, I very rarely give my opinion on these things. I provide articles, video clips, statements etc. to support whatever I have to state.

Here’s your post to mine:

First of all, I am not talking about popular arguments but stating some facts. So get that immediately correct. And I told you before and watch that presentation to see what the odds are against a planet that would support life.

Second, can you back that up – that highlighted portion? Because that hasn’t been determined yet whether what’s beyond the observable Universe is infinite. So what you are spouting is absolutely rubbish as always. In fact, it’s a scientist and not me who said that the position and conditions of this planet is very finely tuned in order to support life, simply because the odds are almost non-existent. Now whether that suggests an intelligent design in the background or not is debatable but again, the odds suggest it can't be random.

I said in a later post that the universe is *likely* infinitely large. The quoted portion of text was a result of an omission on my part.

Secondly, why do you think the opinion of one scientist represents the truth? I could point you towards scientists who think that women can't truly be raped, evolution is false, dinosaurs co-existed with people, etc.

I could also point you towards Lawrence Krauss, one of the most respected physicists on the planet, who does not believe the conditions on earth were fine-tuned for us.

Your own bias against the concept of materialism causes you to seek out these scientists who are often on the fringe, such as Eben Alexander and Deepak Chopra. You are not even remotely objective. You very rarely cite anyone credible.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Off-topic discussions [merged] « Reply #5943 on: April 17, 2013, 09:12 PM »

I said in a later post that the universe is *likely* infinitely large. The quoted portion of text was a result of an omission on my part.

Secondly, why do you think the opinion of one scientist represents the truth? I could point you towards scientists who think that women can't truly be raped, evolution is false, dinosaurs co-existed with people, etc.

I could also point you towards Lawrence Krauss, one of the most respected physicists on the planet, who does not believe the conditions on earth were fine-tuned for us.

Your own bias against the concept of materialism causes you to seek out these scientists who are often on the fringe, such as Eben Alexander and Deepak Chopra. You are not even remotely objective. You very rarely cite anyone credible.

You are so dense that I don't even know at this point where to begin. Let me give you some facts for the highlighted part one last time.

1. It is a fact and not an opinion that Quantum Mechanics have measured the observable Universe. New flash for you clearly.

2. It is a fact that we don’t know if the Universe is infinite. Saying that ‘it’s most likely infinite’ is highly speculative and intellectually dense.

3. It’s also a fact that a planet that supports life is an extremely rare occasion and here’s why:

(This is of course from the presentation)

If you take the most optimistic scenario to support life on a planet in a Universe and the odds of randomly matching any human DNA would be equal to drawing each Ace of Spade from 1 billion card of decks. (do you now see how rare an event that is?).

Therefore, it’s not ‘reasonably’ possible that life was created randomly by any known chemical or physical reactions. It would have to overcome that staggering odds to create just one simple life form and I am not even talking about humans at this point.

Anyway, do me a favour. Stop quoting me. You don’t interest me; you bore me in fact; moreover, I learn nothing from you. If you don’t do that I will simply ignore you.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Off-topic discussions [merged] « Reply #5944 on: April 17, 2013, 09:13 PM »

Some qoutes by Max Planck:

- As a man who has devoted his whole life to the most clear headed science, to the study of matter, I can tell you as a result of my research about atoms this much: There is no matter as such. All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force which brings the particle of an atom to vibration and holds this most minute solar system of the atom together. We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent mind. This mind is the matrix of all matter.

- Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are a part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Max_Planck

- I regard consciousness as fundamental. I regard matter as derivative from consciousness. We cannot get behind consciousness. Everything that we talk about, everything that we regard as existing, postulates consciousness.

As quoted in The Observer (25 January 1931)

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Max_Planck
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Off-topic discussions [merged] « Reply #5945 on: April 17, 2013, 09:15 PM »

You are so dense

Can everyone vacate this thread for a wee while. Jerry
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Off-topic discussions [merged] « Reply #5946 on: April 17, 2013, 09:24 PM »

IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Re: Off-topic discussions [merged] « Reply #5947 on: April 17, 2013, 09:25 PM »

^ roflmao
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Off-topic discussions [merged] « Reply #5948 on: April 17, 2013, 09:27 PM »

Linda I know I can be a bit dumb sometimes but what is the emoticon jerry jerry all about that Robbie keeps posting  doh
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Off-topic discussions [merged] « Reply #5949 on: April 17, 2013, 09:27 PM »

^ roflmao
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Re: Off-topic discussions [merged] « Reply #5950 on: April 17, 2013, 09:28 PM »

Linda I know I can be a bit dumb sometimes but what is the emoticon jerry jerry all about that Robbie keeps posting  doh
Eh, ask me, duh.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Off-topic discussions [merged] « Reply #5951 on: April 17, 2013, 09:29 PM »

Eh, ask me, duh.

lol
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Re: Off-topic discussions [merged] « Reply #5952 on: April 17, 2013, 09:30 PM »

Eh, ask me, duh.

Lindas quicker to reply!! OK explain rob Smile
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Off-topic discussions [merged] « Reply #5953 on: April 17, 2013, 09:30 PM »

You are not dumb. no
Does this guy look familiar to you?

IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Re: Off-topic discussions [merged] « Reply #5954 on: April 17, 2013, 09:31 PM »

Aye
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 394 395 396 [397] 398 399 400 ... 514 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »