Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Off-topic discussions [merged] 1 Member and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 470 471 472 [473] 474 475 476 ... 514 Go Down Reply
Author

Off-topic discussions [merged]

(Read 59317 times)
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Off-topic discussions [merged] « Reply #7080 on: June 16, 2013, 10:39 AM »

Caz, let bygones be bygones and leave him to his opinion. The results of eye witnesses can be deceiving. Mark is absolutely right I feel.
Don't worry Gangsta......I have no intention of trying to change Clydey's opinion......or anyone else's for that matter. I learned a long time ago what a fool's errand that is, but it's he who is trying to change mine and that isn't going to happen either. However, I also decided a long time ago, not to waste time responding to him any more, as it's always only a matter of time before he resorts to namecalling and insults and do you know what?......at my age, I can't be arsed with that kind of behaviour, so I don't know why I even let myself be drawn in yesterday, but I can assure you.....it won't happen again! I'm not trying to change opinions......I'm just trying to make some people 'think'.....thats all! The fact is, we are being lied to and deceived about certain things every day, by the very people that are 'supposed' to be looking out for us. The Iraq war is just one example. The whistleblower knows this and that is why he, and many in the past, have put their own necks on the line. Many have died for it. I hope to God they never find him! However, I am willing to concede to Mark, that eye witness testimony may not 'always' be the best, but the witnesses on the video are pretty compelling.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Off-topic discussions [merged] « Reply #7081 on: June 16, 2013, 10:55 AM »

^ Caz - I agree very much that 'we' the little people are lied to and deceived by those in the upper echelons, and those are the people who we're supposed to rely on to make good decisions for mankind and see the bigger picture.  Unfortunately, most seem not to have any idea about anything, other than satisfying their own ego.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Off-topic discussions [merged] « Reply #7082 on: June 16, 2013, 11:03 AM »

Ultimately, in such matters, one has to trust oneself to keep a genuinely open mind. Seek the objective truth and resist having your own agenda. Of course, there comes a time when you're going to have to believe someone - good luck choosing who !

I watched 9/11 from home and I recall how surreal it all seemed. I'm not proud to say that it felt like watching some big budget action movie - it took some time for the full tragedy of events to sink in. I also recall vividly, having one clear thought amidst the confusion : 'this changes everything..'

And almost 12 years on, the killing and dying goes on.
I agree with every word Syd. I too watched it at home as it unfolded and the horror of it will stay with me forever. I was working from home at the time and my daughter rang me and told me to 'turn on the tv quick'! I didn't see the first plane hit, but I saw the rest and I too, thought it was surreal.....I could hardly believe what I was looking at. Also......you were right! It did change everything! In fact, I feel that the whole world has been on a downward spiral ever since.......though it may have started before then.....maybe I'm just noticing it more and it's a worry! I'm not worried for myself though, as most of my life is behind me, but I do worry for my children and grandchildren and everyone else's too.  Frown   On a lighter note.......I love your Avatar! Grrr indeed!  lmao
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Off-topic discussions [merged] « Reply #7083 on: June 16, 2013, 11:04 AM »

^ Caz - I agree very much that 'we' the little people are lied to and deceived by those in the upper echelons, and those are the people who we're supposed to rely on to make good decisions for mankind and see the bigger picture.  Unfortunately, most seem not to have any idea about anything, other than satisfying their own ego.
Yes Elly......sadly you're right!
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: Off-topic discussions [merged] « Reply #7084 on: June 16, 2013, 11:08 AM »

^ If I am right, Caz - it gives me no pleasure. 

Are you watching the match later?
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Off-topic discussions [merged] « Reply #7085 on: June 16, 2013, 11:11 AM »

^ If I am right, Caz - it gives me no pleasure. 

Are you watching the match later?
Me neither sweetie.......Oh yes I'll be watching the match.....can't wait!  cmon yeah  Very Happy
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: Off-topic discussions [merged] « Reply #7086 on: June 16, 2013, 11:11 AM »

Me neither sweetie.......Oh yes I'll be watching the match.....can't wait!  cmon yeah  Very Happy
C'mon our boy!  Very Happy
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Off-topic discussions [merged] « Reply #7087 on: June 16, 2013, 11:43 AM »

I wish people were more selective with their conspiracies and only backed those that have genuine evidence.

The NSA conspiracy has been going on for years with several whistle blowers before Snowden. But the government got away with it because no documents were released. You see, this is a real conspiracy that is being revealed.

Promoting the idea that the government planned 9/11, when this theory has been debunked in detail, just gives the word 'conspiracy theory' a bad name.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: Off-topic discussions [merged] « Reply #7088 on: June 16, 2013, 11:50 AM »

I wish people were more selective with their conspiracies and only backed those that have genuine evidence.

The NSA conspiracy has been going on for years with several whistle blowers before Snowden. But the government got away with it because no documents were released. You see, this is a real conspiracy that is being revealed.

Promoting the idea that the government planned 9/11, when this theory has been debunked in detail, just gives the word 'conspiracy theory' a bad name.
I. for one, do not know what goes on behind closed doors, and I doubt anyone does. Evidence is difficult to obtain, naturally, or these people would not be good at their jobs.  I don't think it's wise to buy into conspiracy theories, per se, but it pays to keep an open mind.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Off-topic discussions [merged] « Reply #7089 on: June 16, 2013, 12:01 PM »

Mark.....I do concede that perhaps you're right about eye witness testimony not 'always' being the best, but this is my last word on this subject.......on this occasion at least!
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Off-topic discussions [merged] « Reply #7090 on: June 16, 2013, 12:17 PM »

I. for one, do not know what goes on behind closed doors, and I doubt anyone does. Evidence is difficult to obtain, naturally, or these people would not be good at their jobs.  I don't think it's wise to buy into conspiracy theories, per se, but it pays to keep an open mind.

Yes, clearly an open mind is a sensible default position based on history. But when you see an exciting conspiracy movie, instead of letting it rile you up, the first thing you should do is search online to see if the claims have been debunked. Then reconsider your position.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: Off-topic discussions [merged] « Reply #7091 on: June 16, 2013, 12:20 PM »

Yes, clearly an open mind is a sensible default position based on history. But when you see an exciting conspiracy movie, instead of letting it rile you up, the first thing you should do is search online to see if the claims have been debunked. Then reconsider your position.
I don't believe researching online helps - the answers are not going to be available online.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Off-topic discussions [merged] « Reply #7092 on: June 16, 2013, 12:21 PM »

I don't believe researching online helps - the answers are not going to be available online.

They often are when you are talking about claims made in conspiracy movies sponsored by Alex Jones. Very Happy

Have a Google of 'loose change debunked' and you'll see pretty much every claim debunked with sources.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: Off-topic discussions [merged] « Reply #7093 on: June 16, 2013, 12:22 PM »

They often are when you are talking about claims made in conspiracy movies sponsored by Alex Jones. Very Happy

Have a Google of 'loose change debunked' and you'll see pretty much every claim debunked with sources.
I'm sure you're right - but I wouldn't take those sources as trustworthy. 
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Off-topic discussions [merged] « Reply #7094 on: June 16, 2013, 12:23 PM »

I'm sure you're right - but I wouldn't take those sources as trustworthy. 
It really depends on the claim being made. Many of them are so easily and confidently debunked.

Other questions have answers that are simply out of our reach or are exclusively provided by government.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 470 471 472 [473] 474 475 476 ... 514 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »