Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Off-topic discussions [merged] 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 489 490 491 [492] 493 494 495 ... 514 Go Down Reply
Author

Off-topic discussions [merged]

(Read 56797 times)
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Off-topic discussions [merged] « Reply #7365 on: September 08, 2013, 06:39 PM »

Well done Gangsta - you're learning how to deal with being patronised.

thumb up We aren't all a particular woman.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Off-topic discussions [merged] « Reply #7366 on: September 08, 2013, 07:11 PM »

I apologise to Mark for giving him extra work, and for posting in the wrong location. I do not however apologise for my comments about a certain immature child. They were long overdue in my opinion. I triggered the debate intentionally. The fact that much of the conversation has gone over the aforesaid child's head is telling in itself.  He is still seemingly completely unaware of why I and others, felt the need to raise the issue.

He perhaps needs to wise up to the fact that frustration, and annoyance are part of life, and that there are somewhat more appropriate ways of dealing with it than he has demonstrated on here.

He should also perhaps look up the definition of child abuse and recognise that an adult disagreeing with a child does not constitute abuse.

As a retired teacher, who did some work in child protection, I found his comment that I am the sort of person who would accept child abuse particularly offensive.

I stand by my original comments that some of us on this forum would perhaps like a break from the relentless prattling of a rather immature, seemingly spoilt child.

I also stand by my view that he presents as a particularly immature 16 year old, who has a lot of growing up still to do.
[ Last edit by Masaka September 08, 2013, 07:36 PM ] IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Off-topic discussions [merged] « Reply #7367 on: September 08, 2013, 07:16 PM »

I apologise to Mark for giving him extra work, and for posting in the wrong location. I do not however apologise for my comments about a certain immature child. They were long overdue in my opinion. I triggered the debate intentionally. The fact that much of the conversation has gone over the aforesaid child's head is telling in itself.  He is still seemingly completely unaware of why I and others, felt the need to raise the issue.

He perhaps needs to wise up to the fact that frustration, and annoyance are part of life, and that there are somewhat more appropriate ways of dealing with it than he has demonstrated on here.

He should also perhaps look up the definition of child abuse and recognise that an adult disagreeing with a child does not constitute abuse.

As a retired teacher, who did some work in child protection, I found his comment that I am the sort of person who would accept child abuse particularly offensive.

I stand by my original comments that some of us on this forum would perhaps like a break from the relentless prattling of a rather immature, seemingly spoilt child.

I also stand by my comment that in this particular case, his parents probably have quite a lot to answer for. Rather like dogs there are not many bad dogs, but a lot of bad owners. There are also not many intrinsically bad children in my experience. It is however an established fact that many of those children who appear bad, or out of control, are products of inadequate parenting.  

I also stand by my view that he presents as a particularly immature 16 year old, who has a lot of growing up still to do.

I feel sorry for your students, I assume you ignored or called them stupid and autistic  when they had an opinion, no?

Also, I don't know where you got the idea I was saying you were abusing me from, all I said was by the nature of your posts about kids being seen and not heard that you condoned it. Don't twist things, you look even more stupid.

Also fine insult me, I can live with it, but having a go at my parents, who you don't know, and thank god you don't, you don't deserve to even be associated with your own family. That is where it stops because you're getting into very dangerous waters with me. You're not exactly perfect are you?
[ Last edit by GangstaMurray September 08, 2013, 07:30 PM ] IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Off-topic discussions [merged] « Reply #7368 on: September 08, 2013, 07:29 PM »

Masaka, please can you avoid mentioning the family members of posters here, especially when it is in a negative light and they are not able to defend themselves.
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: Off-topic discussions [merged] « Reply #7369 on: September 08, 2013, 07:30 PM »

Masaka, please can you avoid mentioning the family members of posters here, especially when it is in a negative light and they are not able to defend themselves.

I feel sorry for your students, I assume you ignored or called them stupid and autistic  when they had an opinion, no?

Also, I don't know where you got the idea I was saying you were abusing me from, all I said was by the nature of your posts about kids being seen and not heard that you condoned it. Don't twist things, you look even more stupid.

I bet your parents did a grand job with a cynic like you, I can certainly see what they brought you up on, canes perhaps.

Also fine insult me, I can live with it, but having a go at my parents, who you don't know, and thank god you don't, you don't deserve to even be associated with your own family. That is where it stops because you're getting into very dangerous waters with me. You're not exactly perfect are you?

Don't think she's the only one who needs that warning here.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Off-topic discussions [merged] « Reply #7370 on: September 08, 2013, 07:31 PM »

Don't think she's the only one who needs that warning here.

There deleted, because I have a heart.
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Off-topic discussions [merged] « Reply #7371 on: September 08, 2013, 07:32 PM »

@ Masaka

I agree that Gangsta can sometimes be irritating.     But so can adults.      So perhaps you should take some of your own advice and wise up to the fact that frustration and annoyance are part of life.    I do not think that your attack on his parents is an example of an appropriate way of dealing with it.    
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Off-topic discussions [merged] « Reply #7372 on: September 08, 2013, 07:33 PM »

I agree that Gangsta can sometimes be irritating.     But so can adults.      So perhaps you should take some of your own advice and wise up to the fact that frustration and annoyance are part of life.    I do not think that your attack on his parents is an example of an appropriate way of dealing with it.   

She can dish it but she can't take it. Thank you though Smile
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Off-topic discussions [merged] « Reply #7373 on: September 08, 2013, 07:34 PM »

Point taken. I will edit my post.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Off-topic discussions [merged] « Reply #7374 on: September 08, 2013, 07:45 PM »

You strike me as the person that would accept child abuse so I wouldn't take this comment so seriously.

Perhaps I am not the only person who needs to edit their posts. This is my final posting on this subject. I have said what I felt the need to say.  Back to tennis and AM now.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Off-topic discussions [merged] « Reply #7375 on: September 08, 2013, 07:48 PM »

Perhaps I am not the only person who needs to edit their posts. This is my final posting on this subject. I have said what I felt the need to say.  Back to tennis and AM now.

Can't say I'm not pleased. As you have testified all day, that particular comment needed to be said to show just how bad your other comments were.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Off-topic discussions [merged] « Reply #7376 on: September 09, 2013, 01:21 AM »

It really is a shame we don't have Andy-Rafa to look forward to tomorrow, Andy is the ATP's only hope of Rafa getting a loss on HC. Andy bagelling him in Tokyo cemented Andy's superiority on the hard stuff.

You mong

Mod NoticeMoved discussion from US Open thread.
[ Last edit by Mark September 09, 2013, 10:44 AM ] IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Off-topic discussions [merged] « Reply #7377 on: September 09, 2013, 01:22 AM »

You mong

Ajde.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Off-topic discussions [merged] « Reply #7378 on: September 09, 2013, 09:33 AM »

@ Masaka

I agree that Gangsta can sometimes be irritating.     But so can adults.      So perhaps you should take some of your own advice and wise up to the fact that frustration and annoyance are part of life.    I do not think that your attack on his parents is an example of an appropriate way of dealing with it.   
Having just read the last few pages on this thread, I have to say I agree!
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Off-topic discussions [merged] « Reply #7379 on: September 09, 2013, 09:34 AM »

With reference to angiebabez post on the Murray's ranking thread. The previous 5/6 pages of that thread had posters such as Teejay1, janetx, iluvandy, and Ruthie all referencing the topic of Nadal and cheating/doping. I was not involved in that until the very end. This suggests to me that the topic has an increasing body of Murray's World members who are considering it to be an issue. It is perhaps why it is appearing on more threads. It is often raised before I join the discussion.

I have apologised and agreed to confine my posts to the appropriate forums, please bear in mind that it can sometimes take a day or two for threads to wind down.

In a post a few posts previously angiebabez also made comment that this forum is called Murray's World, not Nadal Doping World etc, etc, which is a valid point. However what is becoming apparent to me is that the Forum should really now be renamed Gangstamurray's world, since it has by and large been hijacked by this above named young thug, whose response to any post that conflicts with his somewhat limited view of the world, is to spam each and every thread of this forum on which such posts arise, with ignorant, offensive, often personal attacks, of only minimal substance. This forum has become a place where this idiot, and seemingly inadequate child can showboat.

Call me old fashioned if you like but whilst I don't particularly like it, I am quite prepared to be rounded upon and told to F off by a fellow adult from time to time, I feel less comfortable with getting constant abuse from a 16 year old child.

I made a comment on this thread yesterday regarding Gangsta's parent's parenting skills. I was quite correctly called out on it and apologises, immediately rescinded it, and removed that section of it.  It was born out of ever increasing frustration at the situation.

However the idiot child meanwhile continues to post unfettered.

There is an increasing amount of spite and sheer nastiness on the site. A great deal of it in my opinion can be sourced to the postings of a particular poster, who seems to take a childish delight in stirring.

May I thank Caz for her support.

Gangstamurray should be banned from this site - even for a short period - discuss?

I should point out that as an ex teacher my reasons for wanting this are not completely altruistic. I genuinely think it would benefit him.

If this post brings me a ban from the moderators, then so be it.

Thank you for reading:-)
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 489 490 491 [492] 493 494 495 ... 514 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »