Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Dogs 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Dogs  (Read 11328 times)
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Dogs « Reply #495 on: April 03, 2014, 08:11 PM »

All you can do is be there for her, Elly, because it is the most horrible time.  She will certainly need a friend and maybe - after a little while - a puppy or perhaps a rescue dog.
Yes - I'll play it by ear.  We're going to catch up properly on Sat. 
IP Logged
deb
ATP Level

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Dogs « Reply #496 on: April 03, 2014, 08:15 PM »

Yes sometimes we have to make the big decision and it is hard to do, but we must think of the poor animal and the pain it is suffering. My old cairn Hamish was 16 years old too, his back end collapsed and he had kidney problems and it was a struggle for him to move. So we did the kind thing and put him out of all his pain. It was very hard for me but the right decision was made and he died in peace.
Oh mine to , it's so sad , but as you say the animal is the most important , and that they don't suffer, it's the hardest thing to do Frown
IP Logged
deb
ATP Level

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Dogs « Reply #497 on: April 03, 2014, 08:17 PM »

On a dog note - just got an email from a friend who's elderly dog has been diagnosed with a tumour.  Friend is devastated. I don't know what to say to make her feel better - probably nothing.  It may not be a human, but the dog was her companion.  URGH!
As everyone says Elly just be there for her, and tell her she will no when it's the right time, as hard as it is Frown
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Dogs « Reply #498 on: April 03, 2014, 09:16 PM »

hug  It was the kind thing to do.  I'm just a bit worried about my friend who is on her own and will find it hard to cope.   She's not the strongest of people at the best of times.

Sorry about your chum, Elly.

If she's on her own and not 'strong,' it sounds like she's projected all her love onto her dog, and that will probably make it even harder for her.

Best thing is just to hold her hand, nod and listen.

IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Dogs « Reply #499 on: April 03, 2014, 09:20 PM »

Sorry about your chum, Elly.

If she's on her own and not 'strong,' it sounds like she's projected all her love onto her dog, and that will probably make it even harder for her.

Best thing is just to hold her hand, nod and listen.

Cheers, Linda.  hug
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »