Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Off-topic discussions [merged] 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 302 303 304 [305] 306 307 308 ... 504 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Off-topic discussions [merged]  (Read 53518 times)
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Off-topic discussions [merged] « Reply #4560 on: October 22, 2011, 04:23 PM »

I agree with that wholeheartedly!  But, as you started this website, would you still have been prepared to go along with all the suffocating restrictions which were imposed on am.com?

Not all of them but the main issue with AM.com was the behaviour of the moderators rather than the actual rules.

Or did you envisage MW as being a much more liberal website
I didn't envisage anything in that respect. We are liberal because the community naturally evolved that way, which was also helped by the fact we don't have power hungry staff.
[ Last edit by Mark October 22, 2011, 04:42 PM ] IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Off-topic discussions [merged] « Reply #4561 on: October 22, 2011, 05:22 PM »

Yep, without a doubt so let's consider ourselves lucky Smile
Yes......that's what I thought! Very Happy
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Off-topic discussions [merged] « Reply #4562 on: October 22, 2011, 08:16 PM »

Not all of them but the main issue with AM.com was the behaviour of the moderators rather than the actual rules.
They did seem to be very heavy-handed.

I didn't envisage anything in that respect.  We are liberal because the community naturally evolved that way, which was also helped by the fact we don't have power hungry staff.
So it seems that, in some ways, setting up MW was a bit of a leap in the dark for you, but one which, fortunately, turned out to be a successful one.  I must say I've looked a some other forums in general, out of curiosity, and I'd say that MW is unique in that the right balance has been found between over-zealous moderating and no obvious moderating at all.
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Re: Off-topic discussions [merged] « Reply #4563 on: October 22, 2011, 09:35 PM »

Mark isn't a tennis fan... he's just a geek hence the website Wink Whistle
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Off-topic discussions [merged] « Reply #4564 on: October 23, 2011, 12:21 AM »

Conspiracy theorists yawn
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: Off-topic discussions [merged] « Reply #4565 on: January 23, 2012, 03:23 PM »

Not sure I like Andy's plate design up above - I think he's getting a bit too political. Leave the trouble-making to the likes of Salmond, please. Frown
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Off-topic discussions [merged] « Reply #4566 on: January 23, 2012, 03:44 PM »

I love Andy's plate design.    What's wrong with him being a proud Scot?
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: Off-topic discussions [merged] « Reply #4567 on: January 23, 2012, 03:50 PM »

I do like his plate ,I am english ,but don't be surprised if he takes some heat for it.Especially from all those pundits.
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Re: Off-topic discussions [merged] « Reply #4568 on: January 23, 2012, 03:51 PM »

I love Andy's plate design.    What's wrong with him being a proud Scot?

I don't really have a problem with it, but the Braveheart quote is a bit odd. Does he hate the English afterall and has been empowered by Lendl to finally express it? I may have to withdraw my support.
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Re: Off-topic discussions [merged] « Reply #4569 on: January 23, 2012, 03:54 PM »

I do like his plate ,I am english ,but don't be surprised if he takes some heat for it.Especially from all those pundits.

I was actually a bit surprised to hear him mention Braveheart the other day as one of his favourite films. The entire film was based on the English being evil and resulted in me being subjected to death threats whenever I've visited Scotland since it was released. I'm seriously wondering if he's trying to troll the English media and cause some trouble just for the fun of it, given that Lendl doesn't seem to have much time for the press.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Off-topic discussions [merged] « Reply #4570 on: January 23, 2012, 04:06 PM »

Death threats come on Joe. You must have said something to have had such a threat. Maybe you said some thing to who ever you were talking to. It takes two to cause an arguement.
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Re: Off-topic discussions [merged] « Reply #4571 on: January 23, 2012, 04:08 PM »

Death threats come on Joe. You must have said something to have had such a threat. Maybe you said some thing to who ever you were talking to. It takes two to cause an arguement.

Yes, I did say something. I asked for directions in an English accent. On another occasion, I politely asked a bartender for a pint, only to be told to get out before my lungs were punctured with a switchblade. I'm in no way labelling all Scots as anti-English, but there are chips on a lot of shoulders up there.
IP Logged
ljs
Futures Level

Re: Off-topic discussions [merged] « Reply #4572 on: January 23, 2012, 04:11 PM »

I was actually a bit surprised to hear him mention Braveheart the other day as one of his favourite films. The entire film was based on the English being evil and resulted in me being subjected to death threats whenever I've visited Scotland since it was released. I'm seriously wondering if he's trying to troll the English media and cause some trouble just for the fun of it, given that Lendl doesn't seem to have much time for the press.

It was shouted out from someone in the crowd when he was asked about movies , and Andy looked up and repeated it, almost questionably , did u see it Joe ??

Its easy to see how rumours and crap get started 
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Re: Off-topic discussions [merged] « Reply #4573 on: January 23, 2012, 04:15 PM »

It was shouted out from someone in the crowd when he was asked about movies , and Andy looked up and repeated it, almost questionably , did u see it Joe ??

Its easy to see how rumours and crap get started 

Yes I saw it and I'm pulling some legs here. Just illustrating how this stuff gets out and about - it's a better film than any rubbish by Will Ferrell anyway, so the media ought to give him a pass after that stupid question was asked!

My reply to 'which is your favourite Will Ferrell movie?' would be: 'Anchorman. By the way, my favourite dictator is Idi Amin. He was comedically fat.'
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Off-topic discussions [merged] « Reply #4574 on: January 23, 2012, 04:28 PM »

Not sure I like Andy's plate design up above - I think he's getting a bit too political. Leave the trouble-making to the likes of Salmond, please. Frown
Almost didn't spot the sarcasm. Almost.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 302 303 304 [305] 306 307 308 ... 504 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »