Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Off-topic discussions [merged] 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 355 356 357 [358] 359 360 361 ... 516 Go Down Reply
Author

Off-topic discussions [merged]

(Read 64900 times)
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Off-topic discussions [merged] « Reply #5355 on: September 05, 2012, 07:35 PM »

Maybe we should talk about Sam Harris and Richard Hawkins. You guys agree on that one without a doubt. A better topic too.
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Off-topic discussions [merged] « Reply #5356 on: September 05, 2012, 07:36 PM »

Don't know about this topic being merged, I think the best thing to do with this topic is to bin it. Can't understand so called intelligent adults acting like this, it achieves nothing.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Off-topic discussions [merged] « Reply #5357 on: September 05, 2012, 07:36 PM »

You are not creepy to me at all! I thought it was very funny.
Thanks. I know I'm not creepy, just thought the source of the accusation made it amusing.

I don't think James is taking you very seriously, Mark. Very Happy
By the looks of it, that started from his first reply here today. I hope.
[ Last edit by Mark September 05, 2012, 07:39 PM ] IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Off-topic discussions [merged] « Reply #5358 on: September 05, 2012, 07:47 PM »

Thanks. I know I'm not creepy, just thought the source of the accusation made it amusing.

Just let it die. That was just an unfortunate incident on that day that should have never happened. I get Clydey's point of MH baiting tennis_girl a bit but I think he did it for fun without realizing that she was dead serious. Personally I don't think it's a big deal but that's to me. They could have all respected each others' wish and left it alone, but it didn't happen. Clydey I believe was only protecting the "baiting" part. Anyway, I see it more of a misunderstanding than anything else, really.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Off-topic discussions [merged] « Reply #5359 on: September 05, 2012, 07:58 PM »

The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.

- Mahatma Gandhi
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Off-topic discussions [merged] « Reply #5360 on: September 05, 2012, 07:58 PM »

The moral of this story is "Do not pull out of a tennis match with Mark Sanger" yes
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Off-topic discussions [merged] « Reply #5361 on: September 05, 2012, 08:04 PM »

The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.
I never hold grudges but I wouldn't necessarily say it means I'm a stronger person though as it's often just the easier option.

Anyway,  I never meant for this lengthy discussion today but I fell for the bait when my silence was said to be an admission of my point being invalid. I didn't have the willpower to stand for that Frown

The moral of this story is "Do not pull out of a tennis match with Mark Sanger" yes
roflmao
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Off-topic discussions [merged] « Reply #5362 on: September 05, 2012, 08:05 PM »

Next time I am in London, I'll set up a match against Sanger. I find my backhand still a bit weak but if I am in the zone, then I am tough to beat. Therefore, my mood will decide which way the match should go. #humble

Or if I find Mark creepy during the match, then I may give up as well.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Off-topic discussions [merged] « Reply #5363 on: September 05, 2012, 08:06 PM »

I never hold grudges but I wouldn't necessarily say it makes me a stronger person though as it's often the easier option.

Anyway,  I never meant for this lengthy discussion today but I fell for the bait when my silence was said to be an admission of my point being invalid. I didn't have the willpower to stand for that Frown

We love you, Mark. No worries.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Off-topic discussions [merged] « Reply #5364 on: September 05, 2012, 08:07 PM »

Next time I am in London, I'll set up a match against Sanger. I find my backhand still a bit weak but if I am in the zone, then I am tough to beat. Therefore, my mood will decide which way the match should go. #humble
I'm up for that. I really would like to play as many people from here as possible even though I'm crap. Smile
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Off-topic discussions [merged] « Reply #5365 on: September 05, 2012, 08:23 PM »

At CNN, there were two great posters and players - Matt (19 at that time), a die-hard Agassi fan; Kent (33 I think) - a die-hard Sampras fan. Both good friends. Like I fight with Joe here all the time, Matt and I were sworn enemies. We could never see eye to eye. Kent was very popular as he was more mature and a lot pretentious. lol. Anyway, one year, I think either in 1999 or 2000, these two decided to go to USO that year and set up a match between them. A few of us were supposed to go there and watch the match and watch US Open alongside. In the end, I couldn't go as I had a few exams but before that match happened, on the forum, the support for Kent was just unbelievable. And almost no support for Matt and I never really liked Kent all that much even though he was a fellow Sampras fan. Matt was far more genuine with his emotion so I felt very sorry for Matt. And so I decided to switch gear and give Matt my full support. At that match, and it was being posted by fans who were there (it happened in one of the outside courts I believe) watching the match. Matt was quickly two sets down but then he came back in the next 3 sets to beat Kent and win the match. I was supporting him like a mad person even though I knew he was 2 sets down and Kent was playing really well. That was a great match especially when they posted their post-match pictures and Matt looked so very happy, it made me very happy. He was very cute and then later, he thanked me for having faith in him and supporting him as he wasn't expecting it at all. lol. I still remember that day as if it happened just yesterday.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Re: Off-topic discussions [merged] « Reply #5366 on: September 05, 2012, 08:25 PM »

IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Off-topic discussions [merged] « Reply #5367 on: September 05, 2012, 08:29 PM »

Shut up, robbie.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Re: Off-topic discussions [merged] « Reply #5368 on: September 05, 2012, 08:36 PM »

Woof Woof.
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Re: Off-topic discussions [merged] « Reply #5369 on: September 05, 2012, 09:58 PM »

I'm up for that. I really would like to play as many people from here as possible even though I'm crap. Smile

Are you scared of playing me?  lol
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 355 356 357 [358] 359 360 361 ... 516 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »