Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Off-topic discussions [merged] 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 468 469 470 [471] 472 473 474 ... 514 Go Down Reply
Author

Off-topic discussions [merged]

(Read 58628 times)
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Off-topic discussions [merged] « Reply #7050 on: June 15, 2013, 04:45 PM »

I did watch a wee bit, but I can't take anything seriously if Alex Jones has a finger in the pie.
Loses all credibility for me.
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Off-topic discussions [merged] « Reply #7051 on: June 15, 2013, 05:14 PM »

I did watch a wee bit, but I can't take anything seriously if Alex Jones has a finger in the pie.

Exactly. How anyone can take him seriously is beyond me.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Off-topic discussions [merged] « Reply #7052 on: June 15, 2013, 05:43 PM »

That's a pity Scot! I had never heard of Alex Jones till he was mentioned on this thread the other day and I never knew he had anything to do with the video Gnome posted, but I 'do' know we are being kept in the dark about many, many things so I wouldn't let anyone put me off. I prefer to make my own judgements. I just hope some other people will do the same.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Off-topic discussions [merged] « Reply #7053 on: June 15, 2013, 05:52 PM »

That's a pity Scot! I had never heard of Alex Jones till he was mentioned on this thread the other day and I never knew he had anything to do with the video Gnome posted, but I 'do' know we are being kept in the dark about many, many things so I wouldn't let anyone put me off. I prefer to make my own judgements. I just hope some other people will do the same.
Clydey didn't put me off Caz. no

It's all down to Alex Jones.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Off-topic discussions [merged] « Reply #7054 on: June 15, 2013, 09:10 PM »

Clydey didn't put me off Caz. no

It's all down to Alex Jones.
I never saw or heard Alex Jones!  What I did see, was lots of testimony from lots of witnesses who were in the buildings when the planes hit.......workers and firemen and eye witnesses who were nearby! I also saw press conferences where reasonable questions went unanswered and an enquiry, where the audience, who were presumebly mostly friends and relatives of the deceased, got very upset because the committee who were 'supposedly' carrying out the enquiry, were refusing to ask the 'pertinant' questions. These people had questions of their own, which needed answering!  Perfectly reasonable questions which should have been asked and answered!! They were threatened with eviction for causing a stir!  shocking Now I don't know about you, but if any of mine had been a victim, I would have wanted them answering and though  I don't know you terribly well, I'm guessing you would have too!  I don't know anything about this man Alex Jones, but just because he ranted and raved on the Politics show, or anywhere else, does 'not neccessarily' mean  that he is a loon as Clydey says. Maybe he 'just wants to be heard'!! Just because he 'acts' like a loony, doesn't mean he is one. In fact, he's his own worst enemy.....Maybe thats why he's still alive! Many others of the same ilk, aren't! At least watch the whole video before you decide.....Then, you can at least make up your 'own' mind.......instead  of listening to Clydey!
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Off-topic discussions [merged] « Reply #7055 on: June 15, 2013, 09:23 PM »

What I did see, was lots of testimony from lots of witnesses who were in the buildings when the planes hit.
Worth mentioning eye witness testimony is the worst type of evidence by far. People often see or don't see something based on their subconscious expectation.
IP Logged
sidtypical
Challenger Level

grrr...

Re: Off-topic discussions [merged] « Reply #7056 on: June 15, 2013, 09:32 PM »

Firstly, Alex Jones is a self-promoting prick !  I've no idea why the BBC had him on - other than some cheap publicity for their own show.

On the other hand, there is no better way these days to discredit someone's ideas than to call them a 'conspiracy theorist'. Very convenient for those occasions when there actually has been a conspiracy - and they do happen occasionally.

I have no evidence or belief that 9/11 was anything other than what was reported - a terrorist attack. The fact that it 'conveniently' provided the Bush (and Blair) administration with the perfect excuse to invade Iraq proves nothing. And I agree that there remain some unanswered questions about the whole thing.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Off-topic discussions [merged] « Reply #7057 on: June 15, 2013, 09:37 PM »

I was a very young boy when 9/11 happend, 4 years old, but I can remember getting home from school and seeing the two towers blazing fiercely, then the announcement that the first tower had collapsed. It was terrifying news, and your never too young to feel the hurt you get when you hear of one's death. I too feel 9/11 was a genuine attack on a country's integrity, like most terrorist attacks. It cannot be a conspiracy. I think it's a mis-justice to the dead to say this was a staged occurrence.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Off-topic discussions [merged] « Reply #7058 on: June 15, 2013, 09:41 PM »

Worth mentioning eye witness testimony is the worst type of evidence by far. People often see or don't see something based on their subconscious expectation.
Eye witness testimony is the worst? In a court of law....it's the best! I don't see you as a stupid guy Mark.......Far from it, but have you watched this video? If yes, I want to know your reasoning for that remark!
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Off-topic discussions [merged] « Reply #7059 on: June 15, 2013, 09:43 PM »

Absolutely, eyewitness testimony is very unreliable. In a psychology experiment at Uni, I was paired with a guy, well younger than me (not sure if that's relevant, but I think it may be) and we had to watch a video of a crime taking place.  We then had to answer questions about the person we saw committing the crime.  We both had very different recollections of hair colour, height, clothing etc. 
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Off-topic discussions [merged] « Reply #7060 on: June 15, 2013, 09:44 PM »

..... Eye witness testimony is the worst? In a court of law....it's the best! I don't see you as a stupid guy Mark.......Far from it, but have you watched this video? If yes, I want to know your reasoning for that remark!

Caz, let bygones be bygones and leave him to his opinion. The results of eye witnesses can be deceiving. Mark is absolutely right I feel.
IP Logged
sidtypical
Challenger Level

grrr...

Re: Off-topic discussions [merged] « Reply #7061 on: June 15, 2013, 09:49 PM »

Ultimately, in such matters, one has to trust oneself to keep a genuinely open mind. Seek the objective truth and resist having your own agenda. Of course, there comes a time when you're going to have to believe someone - good luck choosing who !

I watched 9/11 from home and I recall how surreal it all seemed. I'm not proud to say that it felt like watching some big budget action movie - it took some time for the full tragedy of events to sink in. I also recall vividly, having one clear thought amidst the confusion : 'this changes everything..'

And almost 12 years on, the killing and dying goes on.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Off-topic discussions [merged] « Reply #7062 on: June 15, 2013, 09:53 PM »

..... Eye witness testimony is the worst? In a court of law....it's the best!
It really isn't and ideally shouldn't be used in the court of law unless you have multiple witnesses.

As an example, have a read of the Allport & Postman study from 1947. Witnesses falsely remember seeing a black man committing the crime because of their subconscious expectation.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Off-topic discussions [merged] « Reply #7063 on: June 15, 2013, 09:54 PM »

Ultimately, in such matters, one has to trust oneself to keep a genuinely open mind. Seek the objective truth and resist having your own agenda. Of course, there comes a time when you're going to have to believe someone - good luck choosing who !

I watched 9/11 from home and I recall how surreal it all seemed. I'm not proud to say that it felt like watching some big budget action movie - it took some time for the full tragedy of events to sink in. I also recall vividly, having one clear thought amidst the confusion : 'this changes everything..'

And almost 12 years on, the killing and dying goes on.
It's very simplistic, but I often wonder why people just can't live and let live.  I genuinely don't understand why it's not possible, other than for greed and power and a need to be right.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Off-topic discussions [merged] « Reply #7064 on: June 15, 2013, 09:59 PM »

Absolutely, eyewitness testimony is very unreliable. In a psychology experiment at Uni, I was paired with a guy, well younger than me (not sure if that's relevant, but I think it may be) and we had to watch a video of a crime taking place.  We then had to answer questions about the person we saw committing the crime.  We both had very different recollections of hair colour, height, clothing etc. 
Just watch the goddamn video Elly and then tell us what you think!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 468 469 470 [471] 472 473 474 ... 514 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »