Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Off-topic discussions [merged] 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 490 491 492 [493] 494 495 496 ... 514 Go Down Reply
Author

Off-topic discussions [merged]

(Read 61047 times)
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Off-topic discussions [merged] « Reply #7380 on: September 09, 2013, 09:39 AM »

With reference to angiebabez post on the Murray's ranking thread. The previous 5/6 pages of that thread had posters such as Teejay1, janetx, iluvandy, and Ruthie all referencing the topic of Nadal and cheating/doping. I was not involved in that until the very end. This suggests to me that the topic has an increasing body of Murray's World members who are considering it to be an issue. It is perhaps why it is appearing on more threads. It is often raised before I join the discussion.

I have apologised and agreed to confine my posts to the appropriate forums, please bear in mind that it can sometimes take a day or two for threads to wind down.

In a post a few posts previously angiebabez also made comment that this forum is called Murray's World, not Nadal Doping World etc, etc, which is a valid point. However what is becoming apparent to me is that the Forum should really now be renamed Gangstamurray's world, since it has by and large been hijacked by this above named young thug, whose response to any post that conflicts with his somewhat limited view of the world, is to spam each and every thread of this forum on which such posts arise, with ignorant, offensive, often personal attacks, of only minimal substance. This forum has become a place where this idiot, and seemingly inadequate child can showboat.

Call me old fashioned if you like but whilst I don't particularly like it, I am quite prepared to be rounded upon and told to F off by a fellow adult from time to time, I feel less comfortable with getting constant abuse from a 16 year old child.

I made a comment on this thread yesterday regarding Gangsta's parent's parenting skills. I was quite correctly called out on it and apologises, immediately rescinded it, and removed that section of it.  It was born out of ever increasing frustration at the situation.

However the idiot child meanwhile continues to post unfettered.

There is an increasing amount of spite and sheer nastiness on the site. A great deal of it in my opinion can be sourced to the postings of a particular poster, who seems to take a childish delight in stirring.

May I thank Caz for her support.

Gangstamurray should be banned from this site - even for a short period - discuss?

I should point out that as an ex teacher my reasons for wanting this are not completely altruistic. I genuinely think it would benefit him.

If this post brings me a ban from the moderators, then so be it.

Thank you for reading:-)

To me, you are attacking Nadal like I am attacking you, constant, no substance, no evidence.
[ Last edit by GangstaMurray September 09, 2013, 09:46 AM ] IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Off-topic discussions [merged] « Reply #7381 on: September 09, 2013, 09:54 AM »

You mong

People have been asked, extremely politely, not to use that term  Think
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Off-topic discussions [merged] « Reply #7382 on: September 09, 2013, 09:55 AM »

People have been asked, extremely politely, not to use that term  Think

It's ok, he says that all the time to me. lol
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Off-topic discussions [merged] « Reply #7383 on: September 09, 2013, 10:06 AM »

To me, you are attacking Nadal like I am attacking you, constant, no substance, no evidence.
Gangsta......you are perfectly entitled to disagree with other members on this site and state your own opinion on the subject, but 'attacking' them just because they won't conform to your way of thinking, is not acceptable! Sometimes you both have to just agree to disagree and put it behind you so you can move on!
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Off-topic discussions [merged] « Reply #7384 on: September 09, 2013, 10:08 AM »

Gangsta......you are perfectly entitled to disagree with other members on this site and state your own opinion on the subject, but 'attacking' them just because they won't conform to your way of thinking, is not acceptable! Sometimes you both have to just agree to disagree and put it behind you so you can move on!

Yes but I'm not the only one attacking, calling me an idiot, inadequate, AUTISTIC when I'm not. Do you not see that as attacking?
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Off-topic discussions [merged] « Reply #7385 on: September 09, 2013, 10:19 AM »

It's ok, he says that all the time to me. lol

So that's alright then. Gangstamurray thinks its ok. The thoughts, opinions and feelings of the other 4,358 members of Murray's World are of no account.

Now do people understand what I have been talking about?
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Off-topic discussions [merged] « Reply #7386 on: September 09, 2013, 10:27 AM »

So that's alright then. Gangstamurray thinks its ok. The thoughts, opinions and feelings of the other 4,358 members of Murray's World are of no account.

Now do people understand what I have been talking about?

Please hush for at least 5 minutes, I just said I didn't mind it because he said it to me. Read before you write. We don't want this sounding like a vendetta from you now, do we? I'm sure you wouldn't want to look like you're taking every opportunity to twist words. Some just never learn.
[ Last edit by GangstaMurray September 09, 2013, 10:30 AM ] IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Off-topic discussions [merged] « Reply #7387 on: September 09, 2013, 10:31 AM »

Please hush for at least 5 minutes, I just said I didn't mind it because he said it to me. Read before you write.

Not for the first time, you have completely missed the point.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Off-topic discussions [merged] « Reply #7388 on: September 09, 2013, 10:34 AM »

Not for the first time, you have completely missed the point.

Well no I haven't, he aimed the word in question at me and I said I didn't mind because he always calls me it, if you hate the word so much, state it for yourself, don't twist my words to sound like I'm saying the word should be allowed to be used on everyone. I shall repeat so you can understand, he can call me it if he wants because I don't care, if he calls you it or some other members, that's a matter for you to deal with and whether you find that offensive or not, but personally when he directs it towards me, I don't find it offensive to myself, therefore I don't care when he directs it towards me.
[ Last edit by GangstaMurray September 09, 2013, 10:38 AM ] IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Off-topic discussions [merged] « Reply #7389 on: September 09, 2013, 10:44 AM »

You mong
Please can you avoid randomly insulting someone, regardless of whether you think they don't mind, because it just inevitably will lead to an off-topic exchange.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Off-topic discussions [merged] « Reply #7390 on: September 09, 2013, 10:47 AM »

Please can you avoid randomly insulting someone, regardless of whether you think they don't mind, because it just inevitably will lead to an off-topic exchange.

I was also randomly insulted by Masaka, I found everything she said very offensive. Inadequate, I am not, an idiot, I am not. Autistic, I am not.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Off-topic discussions [merged] « Reply #7391 on: September 09, 2013, 10:47 AM »

Yes but I'm not the only one attacking, calling me an idiot, inadequate, AUTISTIC when I'm not. Do you not see that as attacking?
Yes.....comments like that are definately not on, under any circumstances....in my opinion! However, when someone is attacked on a personal level, they will almost certainly retaliate and so it goes on! I have no idea who started this, but I do know it must stop, before someone gets banned!
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Off-topic discussions [merged] « Reply #7392 on: September 09, 2013, 10:49 AM »

Yes.....comments like that are definately not on, under any circumstances....in my opinion! However, when someone is attacked on a personal level, they will almost certainly retaliate and so it goes on! I have no idea who started this, but I do know it must stop, before someone gets banned!

Thank you Smile, it shall stop from my end because I'm tired of it too.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Off-topic discussions [merged] « Reply #7393 on: September 09, 2013, 10:52 AM »

I was also randomly insulted by Masaka
Insulting someone in the heat of an argument is not the same thing as entering a mature active thread and randomly calling someone a 'mong' which completely and needlessly ruins the atmosphere and flow of discussion.
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Off-topic discussions [merged] « Reply #7394 on: September 09, 2013, 11:02 AM »

I think we would all be glad to see the back of it and I'm sorry I got sucked in.     In no way would I accuse Rafa or anyone else of taking drugs unless I had evidence.    I think he took off time off under false pretences and that was my argument with Gangsta, but that does not necessarily involve drug taking.    To me that is cheating and that is what I was discussing with Gangsta but his idea of cheating and mine are poles apart and that was mostly what our exchange was about.     I think we managed to disagree without insulting each other.    To me the only difference between Gangsta and Masaka in this exchange is the age difference.   Otherwise one was as bad as the other.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 490 491 492 [493] 494 495 496 ... 514 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »