Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Scottish politics 1 Member and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question:  If the referendum were held now, how would you vote?
YES to independence
NO to independence
Don't know

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 228 Go Down Reply
Author

Scottish politics

(Read 49978 times)
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: Scottish politics « Reply #210 on: October 15, 2012, 06:18 PM »

I didnt say YOU did mention the dow jones.....I included the magic word ...'if'

Also... affordable education should be affordable....or free....in a day when everyone reminds each other of how easy it is to obtain information via the internet & associated technology.....and how poor the standards of teaching have become.... and how in era's gone by education cost nothing. governments will be telling you next that its costs money to breathe fresh air ...and the brainwashed will probably accept that.

Honestly, you're just talking **** now.

Affordable education should be affordable? Makes no sense. EDUCATION should be affordable, but for many, it's not. Scotland boasts the idea that Scottish citizens can get a degree for free, but that's due to taxes/governmental subsidies. If that money is needed to figure out how to sever ties with the rest of the UK, it will be done and people will have to pay.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Scottish politics « Reply #211 on: October 15, 2012, 06:29 PM »

Eh, they are the ones who will be 16/17 years old in 2014, by the way.  Whistle

Yes, I realise that and that was the reason I made the comment. confused

I still feel that if the law says that 16/17 is not not old enough to purchase alcohol, then they are not old enough to make a far more serious decision but that's by the by now since the decision has been made for them to do so.
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: Scottish politics « Reply #212 on: October 15, 2012, 06:34 PM »

UI'm not being evasive. Juat know that i don't want to go head to head to with you an d your Moll.  The pair of you are disgusting. 

Thanks. We both really give a **** what you think about us. Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Scottish politics « Reply #213 on: October 15, 2012, 06:35 PM »

No wonder she deleted it. Looked like the post was written by a partially sighted 5-year-old.
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: Scottish politics « Reply #214 on: October 15, 2012, 06:39 PM »

Yes, I realise that and that was the reason I made the comment. confused

I still feel that if the law says that 16/17 is not not old enough to purchase alcohol, then they are not old enough to make a far more serious decision but that's by the by now since the decision has been made for them to do so.

Maybe not 16, but 17 is right before 18 (obviously haha). What changes on their 18th birthday that makes them capable of that sort of decision, but not the day before?

Honestly, in a perfect world, they'd be able to inform themselves properly and make a decision based on facts but you can't even get adults to do that these days!
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Scottish politics « Reply #215 on: October 15, 2012, 07:00 PM »

The clue was in the title of the thread.  Unfortunately it involved some people who  didn't have a clue - would welcome relevant comment.
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Scottish politics « Reply #216 on: October 15, 2012, 07:08 PM »

If Scotland does go for independence I sure hope all and sundry realise the implications.  I know for sure I won't live here if it happens.

You have just given the Yes vote a big lift.     Your address won't change in any case.    It will still be The Heart of Shallowville.
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Scottish politics « Reply #217 on: October 15, 2012, 07:18 PM »

I do think he comes across as egotistical, but he's by far the best party leader in Scotland at the moment. I personally think Davidson and Lamont are clueless.

Unless a sizeable change in opinion happens, we won't be independent.
   I agree with this, and I'm glad that now we can get down to the politics of the debate.  All leaders are obnoxious in some degree, but the point is they lead, and we can change them as our society requires. Alec Salmond, egotist that he is, is the best thing to have happened in Scottish politics for generations. Don't mix the man with the mission!!
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Scottish politics « Reply #218 on: October 15, 2012, 07:36 PM »

I agree with this, and I'm glad that now we can get down to the politics of the debate.  All leaders are obnoxious in some degree, but the point is they lead, and we can change them as our society requires. Alec Salmond, egotist that he is, is the best thing to have happened in Scottish politics for generations. Don't mix the man with the mission!!

Youll have to wade through a lot of rubbishy posts and insults flying before you find any debate.   People don't seem to have confidence in their own beliefs, therefore they try to talk down what others think.     The debate seems to be on the level of "Salmond is a tosser".     
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: Scottish politics « Reply #219 on: October 15, 2012, 07:56 PM »

You have just given the Yes vote a big lift.     Your address won't change in any case.    It will still be The Heart of Shallowville.
Really?  Ah well - can't win 'em all.  And believe me - Salmond is a tosser.  Perhaps you will find that out to your cost.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: Scottish politics « Reply #220 on: October 15, 2012, 08:22 PM »

You're clearly being evasive because you know you're wrong.

My question was totally relevant to the argument you were making. I didn't ask for your opinion on Romney. I asked if you have one.
And the total arse that you are would presume I'd bend over backwards?  Go away little man.  In fact I thought you'd already said you weren't coming here any more? But there you are in the match threads with your pile of pish.....
IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: Scottish politics « Reply #221 on: October 15, 2012, 08:27 PM »

Really?  Ah well - can't win 'em all.  And believe me - Salmond is a tosser.  Perhaps you will find that out to your cost.
Tosser or not I would seriously worry about his qualities as a full-blown Primeminister.  His economic policies are laughable - but maybe the yes vote is about more than economics - or maybe Salmond thinks the Welsh/N Irish/English would pay for the cost of Independence and maybe he thinks Scotland would start life with no fiscal debt - idiot.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: Scottish politics « Reply #222 on: October 15, 2012, 08:31 PM »

Tosser or not I would seriously worry about his qualities as a full-blown Primeminister.  His economic policies are laughable - but maybe the yes vote is about more than economics - or maybe Salmond thinks the Welsh/N Irish/English would pay for the cost of Independence and maybe he thinks Scotland would start life with no fiscal debt - idiot.
He's an egotist - and I know I don't have the right words or evidence - but I just know.  That is why I'm totally with the better together for noel
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Scottish politics « Reply #223 on: October 15, 2012, 08:43 PM »

Salmond is passionate about Scotland, and his government have introduced policies that have made my life significantly easier. That's why I voted for them last time around.

How?  This not a flippant remark, I am just curious, that's all. Very Happy

Maybe not 16, but 17 is right before 18 (obviously haha). What changes on their 18th birthday that makes them capable of that sort of decision, but not the day before?

dontknow but it's that line we mentioned earlier. Very Happy
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Scottish politics « Reply #224 on: October 15, 2012, 08:44 PM »

Youll have to wade through a lot of rubbishy posts and insults flying before you find any debate.   People don't seem to have confidence in their own beliefs, therefore they try to talk down what others think.     The debate seems to be on the level of "Salmond is a tosser".     
  I was referring to the final deal on the mechanics - and the debate I am thinking of goes far beyond the anonymous posturings and puerile exchanges of  insults I have been following on this thread.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 228 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »