Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Scottish politics 0 Members and 9 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question:  If the referendum were held now, how would you vote?
YES to independence
NO to independence
Don't know

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 233 Go Down Reply
Author

Scottish politics

(Read 51045 times)
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Scottish politics « Reply #225 on: October 15, 2012, 09:08 PM »

How?  This not a flippant remark, I am just curious, that's all. Very Happy

dontknow but it's that line we mentioned earlier. Very Happy

Which part are you querying? Smile
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Scottish politics « Reply #226 on: October 15, 2012, 09:16 PM »

I was referring to the final deal on the mechanics - and the debate I am thinking of goes far beyond the anonymous posturings and puerile exchanges of  insults I have been following on this thread.
I too have no time for puerile insults - I have a daughter who is giving herself to helping Gambian children and I worry about her every day of my life.  I have a son who is invested in Politics.  Neither of my children siit in a chair - or choose to think of themselves - for that I am more than proud - not to the point of being smug - just want some people on here to have a little humility. The world is a big place and does not revolve around you,
[ Last edit by Elly October 15, 2012, 09:32 PM ] IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: Scottish politics « Reply #227 on: October 15, 2012, 09:30 PM »

I too have no time for puerile insults - I have a daughter who is giving herself to helping Gambian children and I worry about her every day of my life.  I have a son who is invested in Politics.  Neither of my children siit in a chair - or choose to think of themselves - for that I am more than proud - not to the point of being smug - just want some people on here to have a little humility.

You're the one who referred to me as 'disgusting' and James as a 'moron', so it looks like you have plenty of time to insult people.

Honestly, you can pretend you're taking the high road but you're sitting here (and judging by the amount of posts you have, a lot) just the same as anyone else.

And I was here for the debate, not to be told to get out because I'm not a Scottish citizen, as if that makes me somehow unable to render an opinion.

IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: Scottish politics « Reply #228 on: October 15, 2012, 09:40 PM »

You're the one who referred to me as 'disgusting' and James as a 'moron', so it looks like you have plenty of time to insult people.

Honestly, you can pretend you're taking the high road but you're sitting here (and judging by the amount of posts you have, a lot) just the same as anyone else.

And I was here for the debate, not to be told to get out because I'm not a Scottish citizen, as if that makes me somehow unable to render an opinion.

Veronica - you are a try hard - and i'll give you that. Frankly, I have better things to do with my time than argue with you,
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Scottish politics « Reply #229 on: October 15, 2012, 10:13 PM »

Really?  Ah well - can't win 'em all.  And believe me - Salmond is a tosser.  Perhaps you will find that out to your cost.

I'll take a chance on that.   I don't find your arguments very logical so I'll stick with my own opinions.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: Scottish politics « Reply #230 on: October 15, 2012, 10:16 PM »

I'll take a chance on that.   I don't find your arguments very logical so I'll stick with my own opinions.
That's grand - I respect you for that.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Scottish politics « Reply #231 on: October 15, 2012, 10:28 PM »

Which part are you querying? Smile

The policies that have made your life significantly easier.
IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: Scottish politics « Reply #232 on: October 15, 2012, 10:33 PM »

I'd be really interested in a poll here, just for Scottish members. I know it'd be too small to draw any conclusions, but still interesting.
My feeling is it'd be a "yes" vote.

I don't know any Scots that will be voting 'yes'. I will be voting 'no'.
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: Scottish politics « Reply #233 on: October 15, 2012, 10:37 PM »

Honestly, you're just talking sh*t now.

Affordable education should be affordable? Makes no sense. EDUCATION should be affordable, but for many, it's not. Scotland boasts the idea that Scottish citizens can get a degree for free, but that's due to taxes/governmental subsidies. If that money is needed to figure out how to sever ties with the rest of the UK, it will be done and people will have to pay.

Lol...am I indeed? What I was referring to is that what is termed ' affordable education' is not affordable to the masses and the quality differential is rediculous....so we agree then. Your sh*t ...agrees with mine then?

Anyway moving on...I would vote for independence ..but if it means voting for another freemason or buddy of one....no thanks! I am not interested in voting for Salmond ...I am interested in complete seperation and independence from the political,judicial & financial corruption that exists....like i said earlier... I vote start again tho I doubt what will be proposed will be any diiferent to what has gone before if it involves the usual suspects.
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Scottish politics « Reply #234 on: October 15, 2012, 10:44 PM »

And the total arse that you are would presume I'd bend over backwards?  Go away little man.  In fact I thought you'd already said you weren't coming here any more? But there you are in the match threads with your pile of pish.....

Little man? lol

Only a psychotic bunny-boiler like you would consider answering a simple question to be bending over backwards.
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: Scottish politics « Reply #235 on: October 15, 2012, 10:46 PM »

Lol...am I indeed? What I was referring to is that what is termed ' affordable education' is not affordable to the masses and the quality differential is rediculous....so we agree then. Your sh*t ...agrees with mine then?

Anyway moving on...I would vote for independence ..but if it means voting for another freemason or buddy of one....no thanks! I am not interested in voting for Salmond ...I am interested in complete seperation and independence from the political,judicial & financial corruption that exists....like i said earlier... I vote start again tho I doubt what will be proposed will be any diiferent to what has gone before if it involves the usual suspects.

As far as I'm aware, Scottish citizens still boast free higher education for citizens so I'm not sure where it's not affordable as of right now if we're only discussing Scotland. What I'm saying is that there might be a loss of that if the funds that are used to subsidize that education are used for other purposes, ie, changing the structure of Scotland's political system.
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Scottish politics « Reply #236 on: October 15, 2012, 10:47 PM »

Veronica - you are a try hard - and i'll give you that. Frankly, I have better things to do with my time than argue with you,

Yet here you are, goading people into a mud-slinging contest.
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: Scottish politics « Reply #237 on: October 15, 2012, 10:51 PM »

Yet here you are, goading people into a mud-slinging contest.

James, stop being a loose cannon. Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Scottish politics « Reply #238 on: October 15, 2012, 11:07 PM »

The policies that have made your life significantly easier.

Tuition fees and the graduation endowment being scrapped. It has saved me roughly £10k where as English students like Julia have to take out big loans to finance their studies.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Scottish politics « Reply #239 on: October 15, 2012, 11:16 PM »

Can I just point out that this thread is entitled Scottish Politics for a reason - i.e. to discuss the pros and cons of Scotland becoming independent.  It is not intended for an Elly/James/Veronica slanging match.  If the three of you want to persist in this then maybe you'd like to remove yourselves to Off-topic Discussions and leave this thread for those who want to have a serious debate on what is an extremely crucial issue for the future of this country.  However if you want to debate sensibly then feel free to stay on here and do so.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 233 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »