Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Weather 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] Go Down Reply
Author

Weather

(Read 8001 times)
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: Weather « Reply #225 on: January 03, 2015, 08:07 PM »

yawn

* dec 2014 & jan 2015 026.JPG (130.97 KB, 640x480 - viewed 118 times.)
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Weather « Reply #226 on: January 03, 2015, 08:34 PM »

Thats pwetty.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Weather « Reply #227 on: January 04, 2015, 02:50 PM »

Had the dog out over to the golf course were she can have a run. Part of the course has a big frozen over pond and the burn covered in ice. So pretty cold but no snow like you Linda but it could snow soon as it's really cold today.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Weather « Reply #228 on: January 04, 2015, 03:13 PM »

It was cold but lovely and sunny here until early afternoon when it started clouding over, and now it's very dull.  I even had to switch the lights on just before 3.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: Weather « Reply #229 on: January 09, 2015, 10:04 PM »

It has been in the minus 20's here the past couple of days. With the windchill it feels like -35 deg c.

We are officially colder than Mars. Yikes!
http://www.theweathernetwork.com/news/articles/mars-officially-colder-than-canada-thursday/43251/

* Cold! 002.JPG (114.37 KB, 640x480 - viewed 81 times.)
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
Seed

Re: Weather « Reply #230 on: January 09, 2015, 11:06 PM »

A former colleague of mine is teaching in Chicago this year-he's had 2 days off this week due to minus 30 temperatures. Brrr!
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Weather « Reply #231 on: January 09, 2015, 11:07 PM »

Eek.  We had awful winds here today (it wasn't the beans).  Flew back from Bergen in a wee 29 seater.  Let's just say, I wasn't on for my sandwich at lunch.... Frown
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Weather « Reply #232 on: January 09, 2015, 11:55 PM »

Eek.  We had awful winds here today (it wasn't the beans).  Flew back from Bergen in a wee 29 seater.  Let's just say, I wasn't on for my sandwich at lunch.... Frown
Last night the wind and rain in Edinburgh was awful.  In fact I had to resort to using subtitles because I couldn't hear my TV properly, what with the wind screaming and the rain battering against the window.  Haven't heard it as bad as this for a long time.  It had quietened down by morning though.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Weather « Reply #233 on: January 10, 2015, 10:50 AM »

Yes not as bad as I thought it might be. A bit windy last night, yesterday the Forth Bridges were both closed because of gale force winds. My son could not get to work but got a train later in the morning, he got to work at ten past one. Has been calm this morning we have had a little flutter of snow but it's not lying.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Weather « Reply #234 on: January 10, 2015, 08:18 PM »

Yes not as bad as I thought it might be. A bit windy last night, yesterday the Forth Bridges were both closed because of gale force winds. My son could not get to work but got a train later in the morning, he got to work at ten past one. Has been calm this morning we have had a little flutter of snow but it's not lying.
Lucky you!  We had strong wind and heavy showers of snow and sleet here for most of the day.  I honestly don't know why they aren't building a tunnel instead of a second road bridge, given how often it has either to be closed completely or is closed to high-sided vehicles, which must be quite an inconvenience for a lot of businesses who depend on these to transport goods around as quickly as possible.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Weather « Reply #235 on: January 11, 2015, 03:36 PM »

Most of the people who work beside my son have to travel from Fife into Edinburgh so they don't have much choice it's either train or the bus. My son works for RBS head office in St Andrew's square and car parking space is non existent. When the weather is bad they just have to wait until the bridges  reopen.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Weather « Reply #236 on: January 11, 2015, 10:33 PM »

Most of the people who work beside my son have to travel from Fife into Edinburgh so they don't have much choice it's either train or the bus. My son works for RBS head office in St Andrew's square and car parking space is non existent. When the weather is bad they just have to wait until the bridges  reopen.
At least he does have the advantage of working close to both the bus station and Waverley.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Weather « Reply #237 on: January 20, 2015, 05:31 PM »

Heard on the news this morning that there was a fab sighting of the Aurora Borealis again.  Just too far north of me to appreciate - damn it!  
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »