Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Scottish politics 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question:  If the referendum were held now, how would you vote?
YES to independence
NO to independence
Don't know

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 132 Go Down Reply
Author

Scottish politics

(Read 31855 times)
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: Scottish politics « Reply #165 on: October 15, 2012, 03:52 PM »

A yes vote will cripple Scotland economically for 2 generations but, maybe the Scots will accept this for other reasons.  Also, as an Englishman (albeit with Scottish roots) who would pay for the transition to Independence? let's say a conservative £6 billion i.e. £2000 per Scottish person.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Scottish politics « Reply #166 on: October 15, 2012, 03:53 PM »

So that'll be a statement from someone who doesn't even live here - :toll:  The theory is almost always different from the practical.

What, so people have to live somewhere to pass opinion on events happening there? Very Happy
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Scottish politics « Reply #167 on: October 15, 2012, 03:58 PM »

I do think he comes across as egotistical, but he's by far the best party leader in Scotland at the moment. I personally think Davidson and Lamont are clueless.

Unless a sizeable change in opinion happens, we won't be independent.
He is egotistical and not a person I would remotely trust.  Not saying any of them tick my boxes - but Salmond ticks the least.  Whatever he deems good I would turn 360 degrees.  The man makes me heave.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Scottish politics « Reply #168 on: October 15, 2012, 04:01 PM »

Good luck putting your country through more financial ruin!
I understrand you're American, so unless you want to come and live here permanently, what interest do you have in the future of Scotland, and just how much exactly do you know about Scottish politics or what the true state of affairs here is?  You can certainly get information from the media and your friends here, but I can do the same with US affairs, only I wouldn't consider myself an expert enough to make a judgemental comment, merely a reasonably informed on-looker.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: Scottish politics « Reply #169 on: October 15, 2012, 04:02 PM »

What, so people have to live somewhere to pass opinion on events happening there? Very Happy
Well I would hope to think so.  Nothing like experiencing things first hand to have an informed opinion. Any other opinion could not possibly be based on any experience of having it first hand - or am I being dense?
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Scottish politics « Reply #170 on: October 15, 2012, 04:03 PM »

He is egotistical and not a person I would remotely trust.  Not saying any of them tick my boxes - but Salmond ticks the least.  Whatever he deems good I would turn 360 degrees.  The man makes me heave.

You're Labour, aren't 'cha?
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: Scottish politics « Reply #171 on: October 15, 2012, 04:08 PM »

You're Labour, aren't 'cha?
I don't actually have an affiliation - I just like people who talk sense and try to do some good for the future of mankind, rather than have interests to swell their own ego.  I guess my arse has splinters from sitting on the fence for so long...
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Scottish politics « Reply #172 on: October 15, 2012, 04:12 PM »

Salmond is passionate about Scotland, and his government have introduced policies that have made my life significantly easier. That's why I voted for them last time around.

As for independence, I would presently vote No, but I'm certainly looking forward to hearing the proposals and an informed debate on the issue.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Scottish politics « Reply #173 on: October 15, 2012, 04:14 PM »

I'd be really interested in a poll here, just for Scottish members. I know it'd be too small to draw any conclusions, but still interesting.
My feeling is it'd be a "yes" vote.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: Scottish politics « Reply #174 on: October 15, 2012, 04:16 PM »

Salmond is passionate about Scotland, and his government have introduced policies that have made my life significantly easier. That's why I voted for them.
Salmond is passionate about Salmond.  He has already stated he would ban the BBC if he got into power.  We'd all be listening to bagpipes and looking at shortbread tins - that's the depth of the man.
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: Scottish politics « Reply #175 on: October 15, 2012, 04:24 PM »

Unless a sizeable change in opinion happens, we won't be independent.

Let's hope not.
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: Scottish politics « Reply #176 on: October 15, 2012, 04:26 PM »

Well I would hope to think so.  Nothing like experiencing things first hand to have an informed opinion. Any other opinion could not possibly be based on any experience of having it first hand - or am I being dense?

Yeah, you are.

I gather that half the people in Scotland aren't even informed as to what's going on with politics and the possible implications of independence versus staying in the UK. Living in a country doesn't automatically make you informed of anything - studying and paying attention does.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: Scottish politics « Reply #177 on: October 15, 2012, 04:26 PM »

Apparnetly, some minion of Salmond gets to fill his water bottle on a Friday, and they are supposed to feel privileged?  What an arse - what an excuse for a human being.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Scottish politics « Reply #178 on: October 15, 2012, 04:30 PM »

We'd all be listening to bagpipes and looking at shortbread tins - that's the depth of the man.

Elly ffs. roflmao
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: Scottish politics « Reply #179 on: October 15, 2012, 04:36 PM »

Elly ffs. roflmao
Dunno why you ffs - that's the reality. 
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 132 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »