Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Kevin Anderson, Friday, Time - 12 noon BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Scottish politics 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question:  If the referendum were held now, how would you vote?
YES to independence
NO to independence
Don't know

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 247 Go Down Reply
Author

Scottish politics

(Read 55678 times)
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Scottish politics « Reply #195 on: October 15, 2012, 05:44 PM »

I'm going to keep posting. You don't like it, you can shut it.
You do that!  I''m going out now.  Have a nice time.
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Scottish politics « Reply #196 on: October 15, 2012, 05:48 PM »

I'm not sure what actually makes you qualified to even have a comment here.

The fact that she is better informed than you, perhaps?
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: Scottish politics « Reply #197 on: October 15, 2012, 05:49 PM »

So you have no opinion on Mitt Romney or George Bush, presumably?
Your are are so predictable it's hilarious.  Reeling the morons in....
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: Scottish politics « Reply #198 on: October 15, 2012, 05:50 PM »

Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: Scottish politics « Reply #199 on: October 15, 2012, 05:50 PM »

Ouch. Painful.

Scotland only needs to look at Iceland or Ireland to see what the likely future of its economy lies. Both countries are still reeling from their boom and bust cycles. Joining the EU and the euro is unlikely, especially with such instability from Greece and Spain - not to mention that the EU has pretty much said that new members are off the table now - and there's no precedent for a former part of an EU member automatically joining. It would require all current member states to agree to a new member joining and who knows what kind of relationship England + Scotland will have by the end of this? Also, there's no guarantee of an opt-out for Scotland for the Euro in the first place, since it didn't have legal personality when opt outs occurred, so it never technically opted out (International Law is sh*t like that). So where does that leave Scotland? Join the EU, get a safety net, and be possibly forced to join the Euro? Or float around like Iceland and then have something disastrous happen, without a safety net at all?

Well unlike most folks especially in your neck of the woods I'm not obssesed with Economy, finance or whatever threatning BS im fed from media and the like.  Finance has its place I guess ...nothing more or less. I'm more interested in people living happy lives not consumed by rediculous materialism.
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: Scottish politics « Reply #200 on: October 15, 2012, 05:53 PM »

Well unlike most folks especially in your neck of the woods I'm not obssesed with Economy, finance or whatever threatning BS im fed from media and the like.  Finance has its place I guess ...nothing more or less. I'm more interested in people living happy lives not consumed by rediculous materialism.

Your location is Seattle, USA. I seriously don't understand what "my neck of the woods" is when you live there yourself.

Materialism has nothing to do with it - keeping small business afloat and people's livelihoods are important. Making sure that people live in a state of stability is important. "Happy lives" are subjective.
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Scottish politics « Reply #201 on: October 15, 2012, 05:53 PM »

It was a simple question. If you have an opinion on American politics, you're essentially a hypocrite. Hell, if you even have an opinion about what goes on in England, you are a hypocrite.

The notion that you have to live somewhere in order to opine about it is absurd. Do you think we live in the 1700s or something? Information travels a bit faster these days.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: Scottish politics « Reply #202 on: October 15, 2012, 05:55 PM »

The fact that she is better informed than you, perhaps?
I do not presume to know anything about American Politics.  You may wish to note this is not the appropriate thread,
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: Scottish politics « Reply #203 on: October 15, 2012, 05:59 PM »

Your location is Seattle, USA. I seriously don't understand what "my neck of the woods" is when you live there yourself.

Materialism has nothing to do with it - keeping small business afloat and people's livelihoods are important. Making sure that people live in a state of stability is important. "Happy lives" are subjective.

Yeah my current location is Seattle...until it isnt... Ive lived many countries ..and Im here for now.

People livelihoods aren't just 'important' .. combined with health and education... they are critical. That is stability. If you think that is dependant on where the likes of a dow jones sits today... you are deluded.
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: Scottish politics « Reply #204 on: October 15, 2012, 06:02 PM »

Yeah my current location is Seattle...until it isnt... Ive lived many countries ..and Im here for now.

People livelihoods aren't just 'important' .. combined with health and education... they are critical. That is stability. If you think that is dependant on where the likes of a dow jones sits today... you are deluded.

Where did I say anything about the Dow Jones? Stability of an economy allows for good healthcare and affordable education.

I've lived in many countries as well. I was not born and raised in America. So I don't understand what that has to do with anything. You're there now, just like I'm currently in London. Rolling Eyes

IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Scottish politics « Reply #205 on: October 15, 2012, 06:02 PM »

I do not presume to know anything about American Politics.  You may wish to note this is not the appropriate thread,

So you have no opinion on Obama and Romney? You had no opinion on Clinton or Bush? Those figures might as well have been mythical as far as you were concerned, since you don't live in the USA and their actions are irrelevant to you?

If I didn't know better I would think you were spouting utter wank for the sake of preserving a nonsensical opinion.
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: Scottish politics « Reply #206 on: October 15, 2012, 06:06 PM »

Where did I say anything about the Dow Jones? Stability of an economy allows for good healthcare and affordable education.

I've lived in many countries as well. I was not born and raised in America. So I don't understand what that has to do with anything. You're there now, just like I'm currently in London. Rolling Eyes

I didnt say YOU did mention the dow jones.....I included the magic word ...'if'

Also... affordable education should be affordable....or free....in a day when everyone reminds each other of how easy it is to obtain information via the internet & associated technology.....and how poor the standards of teaching have become.... and how in era's gone by education cost nothing. governments will be telling you next that its costs money to breathe fresh air ...and the brainwashed will probably accept that.

Anyway...im off to talk about Muzza and the tennis ...which is what I thought this site was for ...its alot more interesting...bye for now
[ Last edit by ABF October 15, 2012, 06:18 PM ] IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: Scottish politics « Reply #207 on: October 15, 2012, 06:11 PM »

So you have no opinion on Obama and Romney? You had no opinion on Clinton or Bush? Those figures might as well have been mythical as far as you were concerned, since you don't live in the USA and their actions are irrelevant to you?

If I didn't know better I would think you were spouting utter wank for the sake of preserving a nonsensical opinion.
Sorry, but no - the thread is entitled 'Scottish Politics' and that was where my comments were placed.  If you want to start an American equivalent - go ahead.
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Scottish politics « Reply #208 on: October 15, 2012, 06:15 PM »

Sorry, but no - the thread is entitled 'Scottish Politics' and that was where my comments were placed.  If you want to start an American equivalent - go ahead.

You're clearly being evasive because you know you're wrong.

My question was totally relevant to the argument you were making. I didn't ask for your opinion on Romney. I asked if you have one.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: Scottish politics « Reply #209 on: October 15, 2012, 06:16 PM »

In fact - it would be good to hear from another country and what they believe in.  Looking forward to it!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 247 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »