Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Matthias Bachinger, Thursday, Time TBA - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Scottish politics 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question:  If the referendum were held now, how would you vote?
YES to independence
NO to independence
Don't know

Pages: 1 ... 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 ... 145 Go Down Reply
Author

Scottish politics

(Read 36014 times)
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Scottish politics « Reply #1170 on: November 26, 2013, 10:28 PM »

Nicola Sturgeon will take over after the election win or lose! Watch this space.

Could well be right Angie.    I wouldn't mind that although I thought after Mrs Thatcher I would never want a woman leader again.   
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Scottish politics « Reply #1171 on: November 27, 2013, 06:53 AM »

@Aileen
I have a friend who is talking about moving to Scotland if you get independence Whistle
Yes, the Welsh Assembly is getting more powers. Do hope its not a bribe to James to be actively anti shocking
I'm in the federal camp.s Far more separation/ power for the regions, but within UK umbrella. The imbalance in this country has become  obscene with London a city state sucking in jobs/wealth/culture and everything else.
If you do vote "yes" I can see the divorce being far from amicable. For a start I can't see Scotland being "allowed" to keep the pound. Not being an economist I don't know what the implications of that are.
Apparently women are more likely to vote "no." So, when independence comes Alex is promising them 30 hours free nursery care. Only trouble is, he could do that now.
Ho hum....
[ Last edit by blueberryhill November 27, 2013, 07:52 AM ] IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Scottish politics « Reply #1172 on: November 27, 2013, 09:42 AM »

@bbh

Come with your friend bbh - it will be so exciting.    There will be problems but Scotland is not the first country to gain its independence and problems are there to be solved.     
30 hours free nursery care could only happen at the moment if someone else lost out.    There is only the block grant and the budget is difficult enough to balance.   
The plan for the future is that more wealth will be created and as can be seen from London at the moment wealth creates more wealth.
If we don't get the Yes vote will there be a space for me in Wales?   I will feel the need to escape.   

IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Scottish politics « Reply #1173 on: November 27, 2013, 10:29 AM »

@Aileen
I have a friend who is talking about moving to Scotland if you get independence Whistle
Yes, the Welsh Assembly is getting more powers. Do hope its not a bribe to James to be actively anti shocking
I'm in the federal camp.s Far more separation/ power for the regions, but within UK umbrella. The imbalance in this country has become  obscene with London a city state sucking in jobs/wealth/culture and everything else.
If you do vote "yes" I can see the divorce being far from amicable. For a start I can't see Scotland being "allowed" to keep the pound. Not being an economist I don't know what the implications of that are.
Apparently women are more likely to vote "no." So, when independence comes Alex is promising them 30 hours free nursery care. Only trouble is, he could do that now.
Ho hum....

Think so why don't they? Oh that's right, he doesn't want the revenue going to the UK treasury from the women going back to work.
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Scottish politics « Reply #1174 on: November 27, 2013, 11:02 AM »

Think so why don't they? Oh that's right, he doesn't want the revenue going to the UK treasury from the women going back to work.

London and the southeast have enough.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Scottish politics « Reply #1175 on: November 27, 2013, 11:25 AM »

@bbh

Come with your friend bbh - it will be so exciting.    There will be problems but Scotland is not the first country to gain its independence and problems are there to be solved.     
30 hours free nursery care could only happen at the moment if someone else lost out.    There is only the block grant and the budget is difficult enough to balance.   
The plan for the future is that more wealth will be created and as can be seen from London at the moment wealth creates more wealth.
If we don't get the Yes vote will there be a space for me in Wales?   I will feel the need to escape.   

You  aren't getting a yes vote so better get your bags packed.
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Scottish politics « Reply #1176 on: November 27, 2013, 12:25 PM »

You  aren't getting a yes vote so better get your bags packed.

There isn't a polite answer to that so I'll ignore it.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Scottish politics « Reply #1177 on: November 27, 2013, 12:34 PM »

@Aileen. I strongly object to the term LEECH we pay our taxes and have contributed to the money going into the treasury. Perhaps if Thatcher and her budies had not destroyed all the heavy industry in Scotland we would be better off. Also I dislike the tactics by this present Tory Government to threaten the shipyard workers (If you vote no you will get to keep the yard open if you vote yes you will not get the order for more ships) that is pure blackmail and I strongly object to that.If England votes Tory at the next General Election god help them. If they can't see it now they never will. Scotland wants to be able to set their own taxes for example corporation tax to invite companies to set up in Scotland the Tories do not want this as more companies would set up in an Independant Scotland.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Scottish politics « Reply #1178 on: November 27, 2013, 12:54 PM »

There isn't a polite answer to that so I'll ignore it.

How is it  not polite ?
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Scottish politics « Reply #1179 on: November 27, 2013, 01:21 PM »

How is it  not polite ?

I didn't say your post wasn't polite - I said my answer wouldn't be polite - and I'd rather say nothing than be rude.
IP Logged
boogers
Veteran

Touched by his noodly appendage

Re: Scottish politics « Reply #1180 on: November 27, 2013, 05:06 PM »

1. Independence
2. ??? something undefined and magical
3. Profit!

I'm entirely unsurprised that you believe this horse ****, but I'd hope the majority of voters will see through the SNP lies.
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Scottish politics « Reply #1181 on: November 27, 2013, 05:27 PM »

1. Independence
3. Profit!

I'm entirely unsurprised that you believe this horse ****, but I'd hope the majority of voters will see through the SNP lies.

Why are you entirely unsurprised?    I would guess you are trying to insult my intelligence but as I am entirely uninterested in your opinion of me that is a complete waste of your time.     Before I put a full stop to this conversation I would point out that voters very rarely see through politicians' lies.
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: Scottish politics « Reply #1182 on: November 27, 2013, 06:20 PM »

1. Independence
3. Profit!

lmao
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: Scottish politics « Reply #1183 on: November 27, 2013, 07:17 PM »

When SNP came to power they came on a manifesto that promised to cut class sizes to 18. Still waiting and it aint happening!
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Scottish politics « Reply #1184 on: November 27, 2013, 08:18 PM »

When SNP came to power they came on a manifesto that promised to cut class sizes to 18. Still waiting and it aint happening!

That was never going to happen.  To be able to cut class sizes we would have had to have the infrastructure to house the extra classes created - which we just don't have.  Instead many of the young, newly and highly qualified Scottish teachers have been forced to seek work south of the border where they have been welcomed with open arms - my daughter and several of her friends included!  A huge loss to the Scottish workforce.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 ... 145 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »