Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  The 'Light-hearted' News Thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 Go Down Reply
Author

The 'Light-hearted' News Thread

(Read 25118 times)
spocler
Futures Level

Re: The 'Light-hearted' News Thread « Reply #630 on: June 26, 2011, 10:36 PM »

I had to just look up what that was! Smile Doubt it!
It's not really that posh - I think you only meet the rich crowd if you're in the really expensive halls, or go to the pubs that are known for it.
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: The 'Light-hearted' News Thread « Reply #631 on: June 26, 2011, 10:38 PM »

I had to just look up what that was! Smile Doubt it!
It's not really that posh - I think you only meet the rich crowd if you're in the really expensive halls, or go to the pubs that are known for it.

Well, you just never know ... a precedence has been set <giggle> !!  Just don't forget us all on MW now Very Happy
IP Logged
spocler
Futures Level

Re: The 'Light-hearted' News Thread « Reply #632 on: June 26, 2011, 10:46 PM »

Well, if Harry happened to pay a visit it may just happen Very Happy Of course, I would never associate with you guys if I began to keep such comapny as the royals Wink
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: The 'Light-hearted' News Thread « Reply #633 on: June 26, 2011, 10:48 PM »

Well, if Harry happened to pay a visit it may just happen Very Happy Of course, I would never associate with you guys if I began to keep such comapny as the royals Wink

Awhhh .... well, at least we'll be able to say "we knew her when ..." Very Happy

Actually, speaking about Harry, do you think he is good looking?  He really doesn't appeal to me physically, but I think his personality could be a lot of fun.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: The 'Light-hearted' News Thread « Reply #634 on: June 26, 2011, 10:49 PM »

He's a rebel, I think that makes him a lot more attractive to the young girls lol
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: The 'Light-hearted' News Thread « Reply #635 on: June 26, 2011, 10:52 PM »

I wonder if it is the "rebel" tag or the "royalty" tag which would be the more appealing? 
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: The 'Light-hearted' News Thread « Reply #636 on: June 26, 2011, 10:55 PM »

I wonder if it is the "rebel" tag or the "royalty" tag which would be the more appealing? 
He's not hugely attractive in the looks department, but I think he has charisma. That can be more attractive than looks, any day. 
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: The 'Light-hearted' News Thread « Reply #637 on: June 26, 2011, 10:56 PM »

He's not hugely attractive in the looks department, but I think he has charisma. That can be more attractive than looks, any day. 

Yes - I agree with that.  He also seems to have an endearing personality, added in along with everything else.
IP Logged
spocler
Futures Level

Re: The 'Light-hearted' News Thread « Reply #638 on: June 26, 2011, 11:17 PM »

I really don't care about royalty. He is quite cute though, and seems like he would be fun. Seriously though, I wouldn't want to be part of it all.
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: The 'Light-hearted' News Thread « Reply #639 on: June 26, 2011, 11:20 PM »

I really don't care about royalty. He is quite cute though, and seems like he would be fun. Seriously though, I wouldn't want to be part of it all.

I always enjoy seeing what they are wearing to the various large events that go on, and I'm currently enjoying the parade of clothes as worn by the Duchess of Cambridge, but agree with you, I'd hate to be part of it Frown
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: The 'Light-hearted' News Thread « Reply #640 on: June 27, 2011, 12:42 AM »

Yeah, it's my whole name Smile My Dad's Tunisian; it's Arab. I hadn't really heard it here either, but there are three of us on my Uni course with the same name!
Just did a bit of quick research on names and Emel, or Amel, is apparently the 4th most common girl's name in Tunisia.
IP Logged
spocler
Futures Level

Re: The 'Light-hearted' News Thread « Reply #641 on: June 28, 2011, 11:10 PM »

Just did a bit of quick research on names and Emel, or Amel, is apparently the 4th most common girl's name in Tunisia.
Didn't know that Smile Pretty cool.
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: The 'Light-hearted' News Thread « Reply #642 on: July 11, 2011, 12:59 PM »

Beckham's have had a baby girl Smile

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14100050
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: The 'Light-hearted' News Thread « Reply #643 on: July 12, 2011, 03:07 AM »

Owl crashes into window and leaves imprint [Mirror, 12 July]

An owl was left in a flap after crashing into a window, leaving a near perfect print of himself on the glass.

Sally Arnold returned home to Kendal, Cumbria, and found the huge imprint complete with eyes, beak and feathers on her bedroom window.

She said: "Our first concern was for the welfare of what we suspected was an owl and we opened up the window to check if it was still around.

"Fortunately, there was no sign of the bird and we can only assume that it had flown away probably suffering from a headache."

The silhouette was left by the bird's "powder down" - a substance protecting growing feathers.

Experts from the Royal Society for the Protection of Birds (RSPB) confirmed the bird was most likely a tawny owl because of its size and shape and the fact that they appear in gardens more regularly than others.

Val Osborne, head of the RSPB's wildlife inquiries team, said: "We don't very often see an imprint of a bird that's flown into a window that's this clear and where it's pretty obvious exactly what kind of birds it is.

"This would have been very uncomfortable for the bird but thankfully it looks like it survived as Mr and Mrs Arnold couldn't find it anywhere close by.

IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: The 'Light-hearted' News Thread « Reply #644 on: July 29, 2011, 03:17 AM »

LET MIAOWT! Kitten gets in a spin after surviving hour-long cycle in a washing machine [Mail, 28 July]

They say curiosity killed the cat.

But eight-week-old kitten Princess is the exception, after the fluffy feline survived an hour-long cycle in a washing machine after she climbed inside.

Adorable Princess has definitely used up one of her nine lives after her ordeal, which began when she started exploring her owner Susan Gordon's new home.
Susan, 49, didn't see her sneak in - and slammed the door and set the machine on a full wash cycle.  She even gave it an extra spin.

When she removed the clothes she was horrified when she spotted the little kitten emerging from the machine soaking wet and clinging onto a pair of jeans.

The distraught animal lover rushed Princess to the Vets Now emergency clinic in Kingswells, Aberdeen, for emergency treatment.  Princess had suffered a nose bleed and sore eyes during her wash and spin but recovered just two days later.

'She is so quick and just crept in when I wasn't looking,' Mrs Gordon, from Aberdeen, said.

'I was upset at the time but I am just really pleased she has made a full recovery.'

Senior veterinary surgeon Judy Drysdale, of Vets Now, said: 'Princess arrived very shaken up and shivering with a nose bleed and sore eyes.  She was admitted to hospital for emergency care which included oxygen, IV fluids, diuretics to remove the water from her lungs, lubrication for soap damaged eyes and pain relief.'
Princess was also placed on heat pads to bring her temperature back up to normal levels.

Two days later, Princess was purring again and had regained her appetite.

Vet Arlene Ortley of Vets Now added: 'Princess was very lucky to have survived her ordeal with no serious injuries.  Thankfully she is safe and well, however I think she has certainly used up one of her nine lives.'

PRINCESS AFTER HER ADVENTURE
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »