Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Fabio Fognini, Thursday, Estimated time - 1:45pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  The 'Light-hearted' News Thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 [45] Go Down Reply
Author

The 'Light-hearted' News Thread

(Read 26098 times)
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: The 'Light-hearted' News Thread « Reply #660 on: November 09, 2011, 09:43 AM »

I was sad to hear of the news of Sir Jimmy Saville's death but just love what I've read about his funeral arrangements:-

On Thursday, Sir Jimmy will be buried in one of his trademark tracksuits.

He will be set at an angle of 45 degrees at a cemetery in Scarborough "to enable him to see the sea", funeral director Robert Morphet confirmed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-15647363

Legend!

I always wanted Jim to fix for me.

Brilliant Bev! Legend indeed! I met him once!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: The 'Light-hearted' News Thread « Reply #661 on: November 09, 2011, 01:17 PM »

He was a great man.  So humble and compassionate.  I loved the Jim'll Fix It shows.

His burial arrangements remind me of those of my grandparents, who chose the highest point in the local cemetery overlooking the sea so that they could enjoy the view!
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: The 'Light-hearted' News Thread « Reply #662 on: November 10, 2011, 12:07 AM »

He was a great man.  So humble and compassionate.  I loved the Jim'll Fix It shows.

His burial arrangements remind me of those of my grandparents, who chose the highest point in the local cemetery overlooking the sea so that they could enjoy the view!

Wow, great story Very Happy
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: The 'Light-hearted' News Thread « Reply #663 on: November 10, 2011, 02:54 PM »

Wow, great story Very Happy
Well at least the rest of the family enjoyed the view when they went to visit their graves!  So thoughtful ... lol
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: The 'Light-hearted' News Thread « Reply #664 on: November 19, 2011, 04:06 AM »

This video (musical accompaniment added) was taken after a recent ice hockey match in the US.

Watch the girl in the white top who's DETERMINED to walk up the "down" escalator!!!

IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: The 'Light-hearted' News Thread « Reply #665 on: December 16, 2011, 03:17 AM »

Pandas go on display to public at Edinburgh Zoo [WITH VIDEO] - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-16200890

Two giant pandas, Tian Tian and Yang Guang, who arrived from China are settling in to their new home at Edinburgh Zoo

When Tian Tian comes into season the pair will be introduced to each other - possibly in February or March.

Tian Tian has had twin cubs in the past, and Yang Guang has also fathered cubs - though not as a pair together.

Animal welfare campaigners have criticised the zoo for accepting the pandas, saying it was a "primarily commercial deal".

They have claimed it is not a credible way to go about saving the giant panda.

Bringing the pandas to Edinburgh has involved a five-year effort by the zoo.

The pair will stay at the zoo for at least 10 years.

... and the current joke doing the rounds here is that there are now twice as many pandas in Scotland as there are Tory MPs!
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: The 'Light-hearted' News Thread « Reply #666 on: December 20, 2011, 08:03 AM »

!

They are so cute!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: The 'Light-hearted' News Thread « Reply #667 on: December 21, 2011, 12:37 AM »

Awww!  What a lovely video. Smile  Shame about the the wee fella who didn't quite make it with the others but hopefully they'll get him out there soon.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: The 'Light-hearted' News Thread « Reply #668 on: January 06, 2012, 04:00 PM »

A racing commentator posts a message on Twitter that he intended to be a naughty text for his partner lol

Jason Hall mistakenly tweeted: "I want your hot body tonight babe" on the race day page of Plumpton Racecourse while working at the East Sussex venue.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-16438333
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: The 'Light-hearted' News Thread « Reply #669 on: January 07, 2012, 02:52 AM »

The wonders of modern technology ... Very Happy
IP Logged
spocler
Futures Level

Re: The 'Light-hearted' News Thread « Reply #670 on: January 07, 2012, 02:51 PM »

Ha, nice.
Laughing in the library getting me weird looks.
[ Last edit by spocler January 08, 2012, 12:47 AM ] IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: The 'Light-hearted' News Thread « Reply #671 on: January 09, 2012, 07:59 AM »

Ha, nice.
Laughing in the library getting me weird looks.

I'm surprised that you weren't expelled! lol
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: The 'Light-hearted' News Thread « Reply #672 on: March 06, 2012, 04:29 AM »

This sounds like a load of hot air ... Very Happy

Flatulent man faces County Durham club ban  [Northern Echo, 5 March]

A WORKING men's club is threatening to ban one of its members for his flatulence.

Dave Marriott has been causing a stink and now he has been warned that if he doesn't stop, he will be barred.

Mr Marriott, 49, from Grange Villa, County Durham said: "I'm not a scruffy man, I'm just afflicted with wind.

"I only drink two days a week, on a Saturday and Sunday. But if I drink too much on an afternoon then I'm flatulent on an evening and it can be really bad.

"I was brought up in front of the club's board, which included a couple of my friends, because a few people had been complaining.

"In fairness it's not just me, but I'm probably the worst.

"In the past I've actually been awarded pints for clearing a bar at closing time, when the landlord wanted everyone to leave.

"But I'm not proud of myself and now I've received a reprimand and a final warning. If I carry on letting off then I'll be out."

Mr Marriott, who has been a member of the Grange Villa Workmen's Social Club for more than 30 years, said he is not aware if he suffers from any particular medical problem.

"I don't know that I have a problem and my brother is just the same," Mr Marriott said, "Though I've not asked a doctor.

"There's quite a bit of flatulence down the club and they seem to be cracking down - perhaps it's because women are now allowed in the bar.

"I've tried changing from Guinness to lager but it's made no difference, so whether I need to go and see a chemist and see if they can give me anything I don't know.

"I've nothing against the club for doing this - in fact it's all been a bit comical and I could see one or two of the committee sniggering as they told me I had to stop."

A spokesman for the club confirmed disciplinary action had been taken, but declined to comment further.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: The 'Light-hearted' News Thread « Reply #673 on: September 24, 2012, 06:17 PM »

w00t

Slippery escape for man with eel up his butt  [msn/newsblog, 24 Sept]
Emergency op to remove mammal in NZ

A man in New Zealand has had to undergo emergency surgery in Auckland after an eel got lodged inside his derriere.

The kiwi fella turned up at A&E, where he was sent for x-rays and scans to confirm that the slippery sea mammal was stuck in his colon - which was promptly removed on the operating table.

“The eel was about the size of a decent sprig of asparagus and the incident is the talk of the place," said a hospital source.

"Doctors and nurses have come across people with strange objects that have got stuck where they shouldn’t be before, but an eel has to be a first.”

How the slippery sea mammal got there remains unclear, but one thing's for certain: we'll never look at jellied eels in the same way again.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 [45] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »