MurraysWorld  >  Chit Chat  >  The Alcohol Thread
Poll
How many units of alcohol a week do you typically drink?
None - 8 (47.1%)
1-10 - 4 (23.5%)
11-25 - 3 (17.6%)
26-40 - 2 (11.8%)
40+ - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 17

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 18 Reply

The Alcohol Thread

Proof as in percentage of alcohol? You are talking to a noob here.

And surely anything it does to your insides is temporary? Excluding liver with general consumption.
IP Logged

Milk Thistle capsules will help to restore your liver. 
IP Logged

If you're going to drink something regularly, just make sure it's not spirits. Once in a while is fine.
IP Logged
Caz

Proof as in percentage of alcohol? You are talking to a noob here.

And surely anything it does to your insides is temporary? Excluding liver with general consumption.
No Mark. The liver can repair itself, but only up to a point! If it gets too badly damaged, it's 'curtains'!
IP Logged

No Mark. The liver can repair itself, but only up to a point! If it gets too badly damaged, it's 'curtains'!

Yep, when you're quite young - under 40 - the liver can regenerate itself within six weeks of abstinence. After a certain age, that's no longer possible.
IP Logged

Oh I see, I just wonder if, for example, I get pissed every weekend for several years, will my liver be permanently damaged or aged? Or does something really bad have to happen for it to not fully recover.
IP Logged

Yep, when you're quite young - under 40 - the liver can regenerate itself within six weeks of abstinence. After a certain age, that's no longer possible.
Looks like you just answered my question lol
IP Logged

You can repair pretty much all that damage up to about the age of 40 by having a long period off alcohol. When you're middle aged, you don't have that luxury, although I gave it a shot for the whole of 2009.
IP Logged

Well I feel better now, so I can wreck myself but fix it later on when I settle down with my gorgeous future wife.
IP Logged

Well I feel better now, so I can wreck myself but fix it later on when I settle down with my gorgeous future wife.

????!!!!
IP Logged

????!!!!
WHAT? You said up to 40 I can damage my liver and fix it again.

So get pissed until late 30s, then stop drinking and settle down with incredibly hawt wife who happens to be a bit of a slut under the sheets.

cmon yeah
IP Logged
Caz

WHAT? You said up to 40 I can damage my liver and fix it again.

So get pissed until late 30s, then stop drinking and settle down with incredibly hawt wife who happens to be a bit of a slut under the sheets.

cmon yeah
Spirits are ok on the 'odd' occasion......not every weekend! Kids are dying of liver disease too you know!
IP Logged

I don't think wines and beers are necessarily better for you... spirits are purer, less added crap. Also, if we're talking about getting drunk regularly then spirits are better since you would need about 3000 calories worth of beer to get the same effect, it's heavy stuff.

My first year at uni was messy so I struggle to seriously drink more than 2-3 times a week now... it makes me feel sh*t so just listen to your body, Mark. Smile 
IP Logged

then spirits are better since you would need about 3000 calories worth of beer to get the same effect
Bingo.

so just listen to your body, Mark. Smile 
Considering I never get hang overs, maybe I shouldn't lol
IP Logged

Considering I never get hang overs, maybe I shouldn't lol

Interesting you should mention that.  I had (notice the "had") a friend who drank and drank and drank and said she wished she'd get sick or a hangover as she thought it might stop her from drinking.  She became an alcoholic ...
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 18 Reply