MurraysWorld  >  Chit Chat  >  The Alcohol Thread
Poll
How many units of alcohol a week do you typically drink?
None - 8 (47.1%)
1-10 - 4 (23.5%)
11-25 - 3 (17.6%)
26-40 - 2 (11.8%)
40+ - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 17

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 Reply

The Alcohol Thread

Interesting you should mention that.  I had (notice the "had") a friend who drank and drank and drank and said she wished she'd get sick or a hangover as she thought it might stop her from drinking.  She became an alcoholic ...
Luckily my life is too good for me to end up like that.
IP Logged

Luckily my life is too good for me to end up like that.

And, if you'd been standing on the sidelines you'd have thought hers was too - married to a millionaire, string of race horses in Miami, mansion in the country ... I could go on.
IP Logged

And, if you'd been standing on the sidelines you'd have thought hers was too - married to a millionaire, string of race horses in Miami, mansion in the country ... I could go on.
Just goes to show that money doesn't always buy happiness.  no
IP Logged

Just goes to show that money doesn't always buy happiness.  no

I agree - but to the casual observer etc ...
IP Logged

I agree - but to the casual observer etc ...
Yes, I know.  However, life is seldom that simple. 
IP Logged

Yes, I know.  However, life is seldom that simple. 

The problem was ... she was quite a bit brighter than he was - he just had a knack for making money.
IP Logged

The problem was ... she was quite a bit brighter than he was - he just had a knack for making money.
Hmmm.... I think you have to be on the same intellectual wavelength as your partner to have a chance in a relationship. 
IP Logged

Hmmm.... I think you have to be on the same intellectual wavelength as your partner to have a chance in a relationship. 

I agree with that - and watching the disintegration of that particular relationship as well as the demise of my friend ...
IP Logged

I agree with that - and watching the disintegration of that particular relationship as well as the demise of my friend ...
Must have been hard - but sometimes people do self destruct, and there's very little anyone else can do to help.
IP Logged

Same sort of looks level, too. You have to be the male/female equivalent of your partner.

My wife and I both have a MENSA-tested IQ above 160 and we're both pig-ugly.
IP Logged

Same sort of looks level, too. You have to be the male/female equivalent of your partner.

roflmao
IP Logged

I dunno about that ... I see a lot of mis-matches in that respect  Think

Definitely a Nigelsim ... Very Happy
IP Logged

No, it's true. I have to wear a ski mask when I meet clients.
IP Logged

No, it's true. I have to wear a ski mask when I meet clients.
Shut up, you nutjob!  Very Happy
IP Logged

And my dentist treats me by post.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 Reply