Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  The Alcohol Thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: How many units of alcohol a week do you typically drink?
None - 8 (47.1%)
1-10 - 4 (23.5%)
11-25 - 3 (17.6%)
26-40 - 2 (11.8%)
40+ - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 17

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 Go Down Reply
Author

The Alcohol Thread

(Read 5241 times)
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: The Alcohol Thread « Reply #240 on: May 06, 2011, 07:20 PM »

I like Jamiesons [Irish] too....very smooth!
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: The Alcohol Thread « Reply #241 on: May 06, 2011, 07:21 PM »

I think beer and wine do taste nice. You can appreciate the taste of those two drinks.

Whisky, I'm still getting round to that really, too harsh on the pallet.

I'm fine with Jack Daniels, so long as I dilute it with coke. In fact, the same applies to most spirits that I drink. I had a beer last week when my sister was here and it was horrible, at least to my taste buds. I may have persevered if the alcohol content was higher, since the ultimate goal is to get drunk. Spirits taste nicer to me and also get me there quicker.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: The Alcohol Thread « Reply #242 on: May 06, 2011, 07:23 PM »

I'm fine with Jack Daniels, so long as I dilute it with coke. In fact, the same applies to most spirits that I drink. I had a beer last week when my sister was here and it was horrible, at least to my taste buds. I may have persevered if the alcohol content was higher, since the ultimate goal is to get drunk. Spirits taste nicer to me and also get me there quicker.
Yep, I'll go along with all of that! yes
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Re: The Alcohol Thread « Reply #243 on: May 06, 2011, 07:24 PM »

I could go without alcohol for the rest of my life if I had to. It holds no real appeal. I just don't understand how anyone could like the taste of alcohol.

You drink alcopops, no wonder.

How long before the results?

Hopefully never!  Late June probably... hate how in Scotland you aren't guaranteed a degree in your chosen subject once you've been accepted to University! These determine if I can go on to major in Economics... nervous
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: The Alcohol Thread « Reply #244 on: May 06, 2011, 07:25 PM »

Hopefully never!  Late June probably... hate how in Scotland you aren't guaranteed a degree in your chosen subject once you've been accepted to University! These determine if I can go on to major in Economics... nervous

Just ghastly  hug
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: The Alcohol Thread « Reply #245 on: May 06, 2011, 07:27 PM »

It's 25 year old Macallan's that gets drunk around here.  For personal preference I love lethal cocktails Smile
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: The Alcohol Thread « Reply #246 on: May 06, 2011, 07:28 PM »

You drink alcopops, no wonder.

That picture was taken when I was 18. Either way, they still taste far nicer than beer, in my opinion.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: The Alcohol Thread « Reply #247 on: May 06, 2011, 07:31 PM »

That picture was taken when I was 18. Either way, they still taste far nicer than beer, in my opinion.

IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Re: The Alcohol Thread « Reply #248 on: May 06, 2011, 07:32 PM »

It really isn't and it's a shame people think in that way. I find a bottle of beer just as relaxing and certainly more pleasant than a cigarette.  Beer gardens are also one of my favourite things about London, there's no need to get drunk out of your mind...
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: The Alcohol Thread « Reply #249 on: May 06, 2011, 07:34 PM »

It really isn't and it's a shame people think in that way. I find a bottle of beer just as relaxing and certainly more pleasant than a cigarette.  Beer gardens are also one of my favourite things about London, there's no need to get drunk out of your mind...

For me, it really is. I wasn't talking about anyone else.
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Re: The Alcohol Thread « Reply #250 on: May 06, 2011, 07:50 PM »

It came across as though you were generalising. I know a lot of people don't like the taste of beer but what about the specifically tasty alcohols like Baileys or a fruity cognac?
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: The Alcohol Thread « Reply #251 on: May 06, 2011, 07:54 PM »

It came across as though you were generalising. I know a lot of people don't like the taste of beer but what about the specifically tasty alcohols like Baileys or a fruity cognac?

I don't mind those. I had Bailey's when my sister has here too. Actually, I had a lot of different drinks, including champagne, bourbon, port and beer.

Still, I would never choose those over a bottle of Fanta, for example.
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Re: The Alcohol Thread « Reply #252 on: May 06, 2011, 10:27 PM »

Fanta, really?!!

Not gonna lie, I love wine (red rather than white, and not rose), rum, vodka, sambucca, cognac, port (red and white), LOVE sherry, gin, beer (though I only drink it rarely - too fattening), LOVE cocktails (is there anything better than a night out at a cocktail bar when happy hour is on?!).

Only things I struggle with are tequila and whiskey....oh and sloe gin, but that's a consequence of overdoing the home-made stuff at a friend's 21st!
IP Logged
spocler
Futures Level

Re: The Alcohol Thread « Reply #253 on: May 06, 2011, 11:57 PM »

I hate beer - the taste is disgusting, and I really don't like sambuca.
I love gin and tonic - get laughed at for that when the guys all have a pint, and vodka cranberry. Cider's pretty good too, but I like knowing I'm drinking fruit juice and a bit of spirit, not as unhealthy in my mind, but then I think that's more me being strange.
White wine is good, but lethal - floors me completely. Tequila is awesome, but ALWAYS the start of a bad (or good depending on how you look at it Smile ) night. ^And sloe gin is awesome!!
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: The Alcohol Thread « Reply #254 on: April 15, 2013, 08:31 PM »

:O Angie a thread dedicated to you. It's amazing what you can find on MW.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »