Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  The Apprentice 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 Go Down Reply
Author

The Apprentice

(Read 9208 times)
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: The Apprentice « Reply #210 on: December 10, 2010, 11:30 AM »

And it makes me cringe to hear them all parrot "yes Lord Sugar" ... wonder who insists on that.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: The Apprentice « Reply #211 on: December 10, 2010, 11:44 AM »

You think they are made to do that? I'm not so sure.

I would have thought they would do it anyway because it's not worth the risk of causing offense to someone you are trying so desperately to impress. I would certainly refer to him as Lord Sugar if I was an applicant and yet I also hate it.
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: The Apprentice « Reply #212 on: December 10, 2010, 01:07 PM »

I don't know if they are made to do it, but it just seems to uniform for it to be left to the individuals as to whether they do or don't.

But, I agree with you .... a little toadaying goes a long way ... 

IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: The Apprentice « Reply #213 on: December 10, 2010, 06:14 PM »

I really like Chris. All this sh*t that Stuart bangs on about being 21 well Chris is only 23 and got a 1st degree in that time. He's good at sales, has come up with a lot of ideas, the deal in the last episode was fantastic. I would like to know exactly why he didn't win.

I'm not keen on Chris, as his drawling snotty voice gets on my pip. I think Stella has a good chance of winning, but I must say there has not been
anyone who I really liked from the beginning and stuck by them as I did on other series of The Apprentice.
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: The Apprentice « Reply #214 on: December 10, 2010, 06:15 PM »

Does anyone like Stuart at all?
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: The Apprentice « Reply #215 on: December 15, 2010, 11:03 PM »

My money was on Stella (definitely) and Chris (probably) and those are the two who got through to the final.  Wow Stuart got blown right out of the water, so not sure what Nigel read/heard/saw about Alan Sugar and Stuart being seen together ... ?
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: The Apprentice « Reply #216 on: December 16, 2010, 12:29 PM »

Glad Stuart got told he was talking a lot of shite by Lord Sugar, it's a shame it took him so long to see through him. Stella has always been my favourite out of this lot.
Can't make a guess who will win, as Chris has his moments.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: The Apprentice « Reply #217 on: December 16, 2010, 12:58 PM »

My money was on Stella (definitely) and Chris (probably) and those are the two who got through to the final.  Wow Stuart got blown right out of the water, so not sure what Nigel read/heard/saw about Alan Sugar and Stuart being seen together ... ?

It was just a comment from a Daily Mail reader. They said they'd seen Lord Sir Alan His Excellency Sugar with Joanna at a train station. Pleased Joanna didn't win. She can't even speak correctly. To be fair, neither can Stella. I wouldn't employ them.
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: The Apprentice « Reply #218 on: December 16, 2010, 01:13 PM »

It was just a comment from a Daily Mail reader. They said they'd seen Lord Sir Alan His Excellency Sugar with Joanna at a train station. Pleased Joanna didn't win. She can't even speak correctly. To be fair, neither can Stella. I wouldn't employ them.

Aaaah ... Joanna, and not Stuart, with Lord Sugar at a train station.  I got the impression, from what he said last night to Joanna, that he was really impressed with how well she had done, given her starting point and that she really needed to "grow" her business.  Wonder if he was helping her out (when he was allegedly spotted at the train station with her).  Also, last night, he was spitting teeth that Liz had been let go last week in favour of Stuart ...  think he worked himself into a mini-rage and then FIRED Stuart.  Think Stella has also come from an impoverished background, so she's done well in that respect.
[ Last edit by Daisy December 16, 2010, 01:17 PM ] IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Re: The Apprentice « Reply #219 on: December 16, 2010, 03:09 PM »

Yes! Knew Chris would get very far indeed in this and was saying he'd win it when he made that awesome deal in the Bus Tour task. C'mon! Smile
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: The Apprentice « Reply #220 on: December 16, 2010, 03:27 PM »

Tonight - around 10 15 p.m I think - Lord Sugar is going to tell everyone why he fired the people he did .... oooooh-er
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: The Apprentice « Reply #221 on: December 17, 2010, 10:29 AM »

Yes! Knew Chris would get very far indeed in this and was saying he'd win it when he made that awesome deal in the Bus Tour task. C'mon! Smile

I like Chris, but he just got lucky there. It was a dumb deal that somehow paid off. If it hadn't, I feel sure Sugar would have called him every name under the sun and fired him.
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: The Apprentice « Reply #222 on: December 17, 2010, 10:37 AM »

I like Chris, but he just got lucky there. It was a dumb deal that somehow paid off. If it hadn't, I feel sure Sugar would have called him every name under the sun and fired him.

Those were my thoughts too on the bus deal.  In fact, I think there were some comments made during the actual episode which ran along the lines of "you gave them that % of your entire take - no wonder they grabbed your offer" (paraphrase there).
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Re: The Apprentice « Reply #223 on: December 17, 2010, 03:32 PM »

He did get a little lucky but I think for people to gasp at 20% is pathetic since bloody Stuart went in there promising 25% which no one seemed to bring up in the board room. I thought the only flaw in Chris's deal was not promising a share of ticket profits but overall profit including tips but it paid off. He's come up with a lot of designs and ideas in previous weeks and I think he puts his hands up gracefully when he's made a mistake and learns. That's the quality of an excellent employee.
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: The Apprentice « Reply #224 on: December 17, 2010, 03:34 PM »

Who do you think will win Julia?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »