Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  The Boxing 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Go Down Reply
Author

The Boxing

(Read 6014 times)
eira_arian
John McEnroe

The Boxing « Reply #15 on: November 07, 2005, 06:31 PM »

Quote from: "Sir Panda"
Ahhhh...foot and mouth. I can remember that. You weren't allowed anywhere in the country and my dad knew a farmer who filed for bankruptcy due to it.

So that must mean you are about 18-21...am I right eira???

18 - good guess!!! Smile
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

The Boxing « Reply #16 on: November 07, 2005, 06:35 PM »

So are you at college or uni?

Are you studying for anything specific or are you keeping your options open?
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

The Boxing « Reply #17 on: November 07, 2005, 06:38 PM »

So are you at college or uni?

Are you studying for anything specific or are you keeping your options open?

i did 4 a levels - welsh (second lang), french, english lit/lang and history and now im at oxford reading modern history - although who knows what i'll do with a history degree!!!
how about you?
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

The Boxing « Reply #18 on: November 07, 2005, 06:41 PM »

Impressive.....Oxford

Me...well I'm sitting my first exams this year, including:

Music
Business Management
Geography
French (C'est tres ennneyeux)
Physics
Chemistry
And the two compulsory subs

I was planning to go into teaching but I have had other thoughts. Perharps marketing or property....who knows?
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

The Boxing « Reply #19 on: November 07, 2005, 06:42 PM »

ahhhh le francais - i hated it!!! drove me insane; i had to have tutoring for it i was so worried about failing it.....
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

The Boxing « Reply #20 on: November 07, 2005, 06:47 PM »

Luckily, I am decent at the subject, but it isnt very...(whats the word)...stimulating.

We cant be good at everything!!!
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

The Boxing « Reply #21 on: November 07, 2005, 06:48 PM »

Luckily, I am decent at the subject, but it isnt very...(whats the word)...stimulating.

We cant be good at everything!!!

lol true!!

are you thinking of uni after you finish school? where are you thinking of applying?
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

The Boxing « Reply #22 on: November 07, 2005, 06:50 PM »

Depends really...I cant decide anything until I have my qualifications. But If I do well....then I will try and go to uni.

The university depends on what course I am looking for, but hopefully I will try and keep to a Scottish one!!!
IP Logged
Josh
Seed

The Boxing « Reply #23 on: November 07, 2005, 06:53 PM »

French is easily the worst subject at my school for pure boringness.  Why can't everyone just speak English #-o
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

The Boxing « Reply #24 on: November 07, 2005, 06:59 PM »

No offence Josh, but that is extremely ignorant. We have tried and failed to create a 'universal' language called Esperanto, but unfortunately it never took off. I would be frustrated if we had to abandon our language and pick up someone else's because we were told to. How would you feel if someone came to your door and instructed you to learn Mandarin?

Its plausible because Mandarin is the most 'popular' language with 1 billion speakers  =D>

I'm afraid that we will always have language differences, and its part of our culture.

P.S- We should admire the French for their resolve to learn English and perfect it to be as good as their first language. In France, I think English is a compulsory subject. In saying that, that does NOT mean that I want French to be compulsory!!!
IP Logged
Josh
Seed

The Boxing « Reply #25 on: November 07, 2005, 07:24 PM »

I didn't mean it seriously, I was only joking =;  flowers
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

The Boxing « Reply #26 on: November 07, 2005, 07:27 PM »

No offence Josh, but that is extremely ignorant. We have tried and failed to create a 'universal' language called Esperanto, but unfortunately it never took off. I would be frustrated if we had to abandon our language and pick up someone else's because we were told to. How would you feel if someone came to your door and instructed you to learn Mandarin?

Its plausible because Mandarin is the most 'popular' language with 1 billion speakers  =D>

I'm afraid that we will always have language differences, and its part of our culture.

P.S- We should admire the French for their resolve to learn English and perfect it to be as good as their first language. In France, I think English is a compulsory subject. In saying that, that does NOT mean that I want French to be compulsory!!!

A lot of people say that, and yes it is ignorant but we still think it now and again. English isn't the most popular language but it is the business language of the world and therefor other countries should learn it for that reason.
IP Logged
Banannie
Veteran

The Boxing « Reply #27 on: November 07, 2005, 08:02 PM »

Quote from: "top_spin"
Yeh....no torch and piggybacks = broken bones.

Anxious you try telling 'em that before we go!  duh
Mont Blanc.. definitly very proffesional!!
Andy, out of interest you doing duke of edingbugh award?

aah DofE, what fun!! i stupidly decided to do it, and now im stuck with it  #-o
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

The Boxing « Reply #28 on: November 07, 2005, 08:17 PM »

LOL....I loved it, but I admit it wont be as easy this year. We will have a challenging hike at the end as well....  Think
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

The Boxing « Reply #29 on: November 07, 2005, 08:39 PM »

Nooo D. of E. is sooo fun in my eyes...
well the "training" sessions are so hilarious.. putting up those tents as practise in the school yard. Smile first time we tried putting up a tent, we succeded, then got into it.. after about 2 seconds it collapsed right on top of us! haha.. just shows how sucessful we will be!  Anxious Very Happy

And yes.. french is a bore sometimes.. but thinking about it, what can you expect from foreign languages? im sure the french i thinking the same about english so... oui, c'est enneyuex mais tres utile! Very Happy
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »