Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Grigor Dimitrov, Thursday, Estimated time - 1:30pm GMT - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  The Brit Awards 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Reply
Author

The Brit Awards

 (Read 2447 times)
Banannie
Veteran
******
Posts: 7,362

Gender: Female
Location: UK


The Brit Awards « Reply #15 on: January 14, 2006, 04:23 PM »
Reply

Quote from: "Josh"
He's only been around for five minutes, hardly worthy of a nomination me thinks - no matter what he looks like!!


Agreed.....  Whistle I don;t like his song though....
IP Logged
heavenlyangel
Challenger Level
**
Posts: 1,041

Gender: Female
Location: Portsmouth


The Brit Awards « Reply #16 on: January 14, 2006, 04:24 PM »
Reply

Quote from: "Josh"
He's only been around for five minutes, hardly worthy of a nomination me thinks - no matter what he looks like!!


Totally agree with u there Josh. Thats what annoys me with the Brits at times it goes to ppl who have not contributed much to britsh music
IP Logged
Banannie
Veteran
******
Posts: 7,362

Gender: Female
Location: UK


The Brit Awards « Reply #17 on: January 14, 2006, 04:25 PM »
Reply

Quote from: "heavenlyangel"
Totally agree with u there Josh. Thats what annoys me with the Brits at times it goes to ppl who have not contributed much to britsh music


True..... but i think it's good to see people like Coldplay up for nomination, because they are an example of great British acts  goodjob
IP Logged
iaintheviolaplayer
ATP Level
***
Posts: 3,132

Gender: Male
Location: Normally either in Glasgow or Edinburgh


The Brit Awards « Reply #18 on: January 14, 2006, 04:26 PM »
Reply

to be honest tho, almost all pop music nowadays is rubbish.its not even really worth taking an interest in.theres no substance to it.
IP Logged
Banannie
Veteran
******
Posts: 7,362

Gender: Female
Location: UK


The Brit Awards « Reply #19 on: January 14, 2006, 04:27 PM »
Reply

Quote from: "iaintheviolaplayer"
to be honest tho, almost all pop music nowadays is rubbish.its not even really worth taking an interest in.theres no substance to it.


Are you talking about pop pop, as in not Rock/Hip Hop etc. but pop.... or popular music?
IP Logged
iaintheviolaplayer
ATP Level
***
Posts: 3,132

Gender: Male
Location: Normally either in Glasgow or Edinburgh


The Brit Awards « Reply #20 on: January 14, 2006, 06:10 PM »
Reply

to be honest i dont quite understand ur question.i think most mainstream music nowadays doesnt have much substance but thats because its become something that happens in the background and ppl dont concentrate on.there obv are exceptions in every genre but by pop i mean mainstream music, what the majority of ppl listen to.i know this is a huge generalisation but in general thats my view
IP Logged
Banannie
Veteran
******
Posts: 7,362

Gender: Female
Location: UK


The Brit Awards « Reply #21 on: January 14, 2006, 06:16 PM »
Reply

Lol.... i realise my post didn't make much sense.... i didn't quite know how to phrase it  Whistle

Although generally i agree with you, that nowadays the music in the background doesn't get much recognition, and people generaly just concentrate on the people singing (or rapping, or whatever they do) However there are some exceptions.... for example some rock bands do all their own music... writing and playing  goodjob
IP Logged
iaintheviolaplayer
ATP Level
***
Posts: 3,132

Gender: Male
Location: Normally either in Glasgow or Edinburgh


The Brit Awards « Reply #22 on: January 14, 2006, 06:27 PM »
Reply

i think i didnt quite say clearly what i meant.i think ppl generally listen to music nowadays as background music, as opposed to paying it their full attention likw ould happen for example at a classical concert.as a result the music which is popular has been dumbed down
IP Logged
Banannie
Veteran
******
Posts: 7,362

Gender: Female
Location: UK


The Brit Awards « Reply #23 on: January 14, 2006, 06:36 PM »
Reply

Whistle It did make sense.... i just mis-interpreted it.... sorry, bad habit Very Happy

But i think that you're mainly right.... but i think music is whatever you want it to be..... it can be something you can really concentrate on, like as you say at a classical concert..... it can be something you have on in the background as something to enjoy, it can be something to psyche you up eg like athletes listening to music before they compete/play, it can be something to bring back memories, it can be something to listen to when you're in a certain mood.....

I hope that makes sense.... basically what i'm trying to say is, i think music should be whatever you want to make it be..... i don't believe it has to be something that you have to pay full attention to, it's there to be enjoyed...
IP Logged
deedee
John McEnroe
*********
Posts: 17,742


The Brit Awards « Reply #24 on: January 14, 2006, 06:55 PM »
Reply

Quote from: "will123"
hmm... I'm dissapointed not to see Jamie Cullum in there... Frown

I know, unbelieveble!!!
IP Logged
Josh
Seed
****
Posts: 3,497


.....

The Brit Awards « Reply #25 on: January 14, 2006, 06:58 PM »
Reply

All hail the Kaiser Chiefs =D>  =D>  =D>
IP Logged
iaintheviolaplayer
ATP Level
***
Posts: 3,132

Gender: Male
Location: Normally either in Glasgow or Edinburgh


The Brit Awards « Reply #26 on: January 14, 2006, 07:34 PM »
Reply

its ok.im not trying to say its not music just that its not got much substance and i think its s****.obv u can get from music whatever u want but i think that most popular music at the moment is just mass produced rubbish

Quote from: "Banannie"
Whistle It did make sense.... i just mis-interpreted it.... sorry, bad habit Very Happy

But i think that you're mainly right.... but i think music is whatever you want it to be..... it can be something you can really concentrate on, like as you say at a classical concert..... it can be something you have on in the background as something to enjoy, it can be something to psyche you up eg like athletes listening to music before they compete/play, it can be something to bring back memories, it can be something to listen to when you're in a certain mood.....

I hope that makes sense.... basically what i'm trying to say is, i think music should be whatever you want to make it be..... i don't believe it has to be something that you have to pay full attention to, it's there to be enjoyed...
IP Logged
Banannie
Veteran
******
Posts: 7,362

Gender: Female
Location: UK


The Brit Awards « Reply #27 on: January 14, 2006, 07:48 PM »
Reply

Quote from: "iaintheviolaplayer"
its ok.im not trying to say its not music just that its not got much substance and i think its s****.obv u can get from music whatever u want but i think that most popular music at the moment is just mass produced rubbish


Personally i don't agree with that last bit.... but fair enough, everyone's entitled to their own opinion  goodjob
IP Logged
iaintheviolaplayer
ATP Level
***
Posts: 3,132

Gender: Male
Location: Normally either in Glasgow or Edinburgh


The Brit Awards « Reply #28 on: January 14, 2006, 07:49 PM »
Reply

lol i dont think a lot of ppl would agree with me but i dont really care.
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac
**********
Posts: 22,270

Gender: Female
Location: UK


The Brit Awards « Reply #29 on: January 14, 2006, 08:30 PM »
Reply

goodjob I'm agreeing with some of the things your saying there Iain!

I also think pop (as in stuff like beyonce, 50 cent, mcfly, pussy cat dolls... not even going to mention the fast food rockers) is awful!!!! (sorry if anyone is a particular fan of any of those i mentioned... just have to get it of my chest)
Anyway back to what i was saying... all this music is just a beat. No emotion or feeling... just a couple of crappy beats put together and some guy trying to squeeze out a couple of words. They're not even singing... any of us could talk to music. A lot of these artists think that if their hair is cut well, they've spent a million dollars on their make up and they have a fast ride, they're destintined for a multi platinum single. Tough.

When you come to artists REM, Morrissey, Kaiser Chiefs, Coldplay... these are the guys that have passion for what they do. Not only do they actually have a great voice but the music is incredible.. in most cases they actually compose themselves. And some of them might not actually be known because of the fact that they don't stick their noses into the media, but concentrate on what they love more than life... music.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »