Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  The Brit Awards 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Reply
Author

The Brit Awards

 (Read 2462 times)
Banannie
Veteran
******
Posts: 7,362

Gender: Female
Location: UK


The Brit Awards « Reply #30 on: January 14, 2006, 08:34 PM »
Reply

Well put Julia  goodjob Totally agreed  =D>

However, this is where the definition of the word pop becomes confusing..... what i see as pop is McFly, Steps, Blue etc. whereas 50cent is rap and pussy cat dolls urban i guess. But yeah, i agree about what you say here.
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac
**********
Posts: 22,270

Gender: Female
Location: UK


The Brit Awards « Reply #31 on: January 14, 2006, 08:38 PM »
Reply

Must say, took me quite a while to try and make an impact with what i was trying to get across. Smile

Yea, the definiton of pop is pretty confusing.
When i say it.. i mean it as in everything that is known as r'n'b, garage, rap, urban, "pop" itself... and all those sorts of genres of music.
But thing is.. i suppose James Blunt falls into the category of Alternative which is probably acosicated with rock.  dontknow He is so not rock....
IP Logged
Banannie
Veteran
******
Posts: 7,362

Gender: Female
Location: UK


The Brit Awards « Reply #32 on: January 14, 2006, 08:40 PM »
Reply

Quote from: "top_spin"
Must say, took me quite a while to try and make an impact with what i was trying to get across. Smile

Yea, the definiton of pop is pretty confusing.
When i say it.. i mean it as in everything that is known as r'n'b, garage, rap, urban, "pop" itself... and all those sorts of genres of music.
But thing is.. i suppose James Blunt falls into the category of Alternative which is probably acosicated with rock.  dontknow He is so not rock....


When i say pop, i generally mean pop pop...... but when you talk about "pop" music, i'd say Rock comes under that category..... being popular music  dontknow

And as for James Blunt..... no, definately not Rock Very Happy
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac
**********
Posts: 22,270

Gender: Female
Location: UK


The Brit Awards « Reply #33 on: January 14, 2006, 08:46 PM »
Reply

lol... it definitly is very confusing.

i always get confused. for example what would coldplay be classified as? pop? just doesn't sound right.
and r.e.m or the killers? rock?  dontknow
i've never really heard of a good definition for rock. because i don't think it's anything like linkin park.. so what bands fall into the category of rock then?  confused
IP Logged
deedee
John McEnroe
*********
Posts: 17,742


The Brit Awards « Reply #34 on: January 14, 2006, 09:06 PM »
Reply

Green Day is mostly classefied as rock...
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac
**********
Posts: 22,270

Gender: Female
Location: UK


The Brit Awards « Reply #35 on: January 14, 2006, 09:07 PM »
Reply

Quote from: "dentie"
Green Day is mostly classefied as rock...


 goodjob you brain's working better than mine! Smile
IP Logged
deedee
John McEnroe
*********
Posts: 17,742


The Brit Awards « Reply #36 on: January 14, 2006, 09:08 PM »
Reply

roflmao Don't be too sure of that
IP Logged
Banannie
Veteran
******
Posts: 7,362

Gender: Female
Location: UK


The Brit Awards « Reply #37 on: January 14, 2006, 09:53 PM »
Reply

Quote from: "top_spin"
lol... it definitly is very confusing.

i always get confused. for example what would coldplay be classified as? pop? just doesn't sound right.
and r.e.m or the killers? rock?  dontknow
i've never really heard of a good definition for rock. because i don't think it's anything like linkin park.. so what bands fall into the category of rock then?  confused


'Tis incredibly confusing  confused
And i'd class Greenday as more punk-rock......  confused
IP Logged
deedee
John McEnroe
*********
Posts: 17,742


The Brit Awards « Reply #38 on: January 14, 2006, 09:56 PM »
Reply

But what's rock then?
Nirvana...
IP Logged
iaintheviolaplayer
ATP Level
***
Posts: 3,132

Gender: Male
Location: Normally either in Glasgow or Edinburgh


The Brit Awards « Reply #39 on: January 14, 2006, 09:57 PM »
Reply

i think u all more or less agree with me now u undersatnd what im saying.
IP Logged
Banannie
Veteran
******
Posts: 7,362

Gender: Female
Location: UK


The Brit Awards « Reply #40 on: January 14, 2006, 10:02 PM »
Reply

Quote from: "dentie"
But what's rock then?
Nirvana...


Don't ask me questions like this on a Saturday night!!!! It's too confusing......  confused
IP Logged
deedee
John McEnroe
*********
Posts: 17,742


The Brit Awards « Reply #41 on: January 14, 2006, 10:07 PM »
Reply

Even if it was afternoon, it would still be too confusing Wink
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac
**********
Posts: 22,270

Gender: Female
Location: UK


The Brit Awards « Reply #42 on: January 14, 2006, 11:56 PM »
Reply

i suppose Nirvana... but isn't that quite heavy rock?
 Rolling Eyes oh i dunno. i suppose we'll never figur it out! Smile
IP Logged
Banannie
Veteran
******
Posts: 7,362

Gender: Female
Location: UK


The Brit Awards « Reply #43 on: January 14, 2006, 11:59 PM »
Reply

Quote from: "top_spin"
i suppose Nirvana... but isn't that quite heavy rock?
 Rolling Eyes oh i dunno. i suppose we'll never figur it out! Smile


 confused But i swear in HMW Nirvana is categorised under Metal? .... dontknow
IP Logged
deedee
John McEnroe
*********
Posts: 17,742


The Brit Awards « Reply #44 on: January 15, 2006, 12:00 AM »
Reply

Nirvana isn't always that hard, well, it wasn't meant to be by Kurt Cobain, unfortunately he attracted the wrong fans.
Oh wel, I guess we have to give it a rest...
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »