Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Kevin Anderson, Friday, Time: 12 noon BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  The British Monarchy 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Should the British Monarchy exist in today's world?
Yes. - 26 (51%)
No. - 25 (49%)
Total Voters: 49

Pages: 1 ... 87 88 89 [90] 91 92 93 ... 97 Go Down Reply
Author

The British Monarchy

(Read 23602 times)
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: The British Monarchy « Reply #1335 on: July 12, 2011, 12:32 PM »

Not really. The Royal Family do not play a practical role in the running of this country, they just bring in tourism and try and help with public relations, not much different than the role of some big celebs.
Does that mean you think we'd be better off without the Royal family Mark?
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: The British Monarchy « Reply #1336 on: July 12, 2011, 12:55 PM »

I can't be bothered to get into a debate about the importance of the Royal Family, it's one of the most controversial subjects you can talk about.

But the fact remains, if you attack someone's character and intelligence for essentially not seeing the Royal Family in the same light as you, expect people to jump in and air their view in a similar manner.
[ Last edit by Mark July 12, 2011, 01:12 PM ] IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: The British Monarchy « Reply #1337 on: July 12, 2011, 12:59 PM »

I never attacked anyone.......did I? confused
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: The British Monarchy « Reply #1338 on: July 12, 2011, 01:07 PM »

No, just referring to the dispute.
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Re: The British Monarchy « Reply #1339 on: July 12, 2011, 01:30 PM »

Whilst I agree that one older member has been causing a lot of problems recently, it's become obvious to me, and a few others, that there is on this forum a little clique, of which you would appear to be a part, which seems to derive pleasure from ganging up on and bullying - yes, bullying - more senior members, particularly the newer ones.

Aileen, can I remind you of the Report to moderator functionality found at the bottom of every post. Please report any posts where you feel like you are being bullied otherwise this is a completely false allegation.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: The British Monarchy « Reply #1340 on: July 12, 2011, 01:40 PM »

Not really. The Royal Family do not play a practical role in the running of this country, they just bring in tourism and try and help with public relations, not much different than the role of some big celebs.
OK then Mark, but I can't think of one single celeb who does any of the above, anywhere near as much as the Royal family, even though I think David Beckham does a great job for us in public relations! If we think we should get rid of the Royals, then that's one thing, but if we think we are better off with them, then we must be prepared to treat them 'royally'........treat them with respect! After all, if Britain doesn't, neither would any other nation! Then, they would be of no use to us! I would hate to see a picture of David Beckham's bare a**e [nice though it may be] touted round the world either by the way!
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: The British Monarchy « Reply #1341 on: July 12, 2011, 01:43 PM »

They are just people Caz, as are politions and yet I doubt anyone would have attacked Andrew so strongly if he posted a doctored photo of Cameron.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: The British Monarchy « Reply #1342 on: July 12, 2011, 01:44 PM »

I have one of him naked if you want to see it.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: The British Monarchy « Reply #1343 on: July 12, 2011, 01:49 PM »

Now that would be "sick".
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: The British Monarchy « Reply #1344 on: July 12, 2011, 01:57 PM »

I have one of him naked if you want to see it.
I'll pass thanks! w00t
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: The British Monarchy « Reply #1345 on: July 12, 2011, 02:58 PM »

They are just people Caz, as are politions and yet I doubt anyone would have attacked Andrew so strongly if he posted a doctored photo of Cameron.
Yes Mark, but maybe that's not only because he isn't a Royal, but he's not in the good books at present. In fact, if I were to see a photo of his bare bahooki, I'd want to give it a good kick!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: The British Monarchy « Reply #1346 on: July 12, 2011, 04:12 PM »

Just so you know Aileen since you seem to have out rightly accused me of bullying in this post I am reporting it to the moderators because it is a false allegation towards me.
I suggest in posts where you think I am being a bully you do the same. If Mark then agrees with you that I am indeed bullying older members simply because of their age then he will take the correct course of action. Of course if he realises that I am actually just commenting on the content and attitude of a post and my response has nothing to do with the members age then he will then just ignore it.
Aileen, can I remind you of the Report to moderator functionality found at the bottom of every post. Please report any posts where you feel like you are being bullied otherwise this is a completely false allegation.
I've had a few false allegations made against myself on this forum, the most latest being from you Julia - "You have tried to impose your authority over the younger generation on this website numerous times, who do you think you are!" - something which is totally untrue, and, if it has ever come across that way, then I apologise for that.  However, it seems there is one law for some and another for others on here.

As for you, Hazel, I've stated my opinions and you've stated yours, so now we both know exactly where we stand - and, as far as I'm concerned, there the matter rests.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: The British Monarchy « Reply #1347 on: February 06, 2012, 09:08 AM »

Diamond Jubilee: Queen celebrating 60-year reign

The Queen has said she is dedicating herself "anew to your service", as she marks the 60th anniversary of her accession to the throne.

In a message, she also said she felt "deeply moved" by the support shown for her Diamond Jubilee.

It will be marked by several events, with the main celebrations in June.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-16896731

I personally take my hat off to her.  I wouldn't want to be in her shoes at any price.  clap
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: The British Monarchy « Reply #1348 on: February 06, 2012, 01:57 PM »

Say what you like about the Queen, but I think most people would respect the fact that this 85/86? year old woman still does the job she promised to do 60 years ago.. and she didn't even get a choice in it.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: The British Monarchy « Reply #1349 on: February 06, 2012, 02:01 PM »

No love for the royals, but Elizabeth does a good job but it is time for her to give up the reins and let Charles be King at least for a short time.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 89 [90] 91 92 93 ... 97 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »