Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  The British Monarchy 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Should the British Monarchy exist in today's world?
Yes. - 26 (51%)
No. - 25 (49%)
Total Voters: 49

Pages: 1 ... 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 ... 97 Go Down Reply
Author

The British Monarchy

(Read 23984 times)
michelle
Seed

Re: The British Monarchy « Reply #1350 on: February 06, 2012, 02:40 PM »

No love for the royals, but Elizabeth does a good job but it is time for her to give up the reins and let Charles be King at least for a short time.
God forbid I would rather wait for Wiiliam.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: The British Monarchy « Reply #1351 on: February 06, 2012, 02:48 PM »

I agree with Aileen about bullying. Because some members have been on this forum for a long time they seem to think they are allowed to be obnoxious to members who do not agree with there opinion. They go out of their way to be rude and nasty. I have found out in recent months not to argue as it becomes worse. I do not think some of the moderators are less than impartial. They should be but are not, mainly because they are friends and meet outside the forum. That is all I have to say on the matter. I expect it will be denied but that is my opinion for what it is worth,
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: The British Monarchy « Reply #1352 on: February 06, 2012, 02:48 PM »

God forbid I would rather wait for Wiiliam.

My thoughts exactly, Charles is a loon representing all that is wrong with the old-fashioned monarchy. If it is to continue then William needs to be the next monarch, as he seems like a pretty normal guy without the busy-body snooty attitude of his father.
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Re: The British Monarchy « Reply #1353 on: February 06, 2012, 02:50 PM »

I agree with Aileen about bullying. Because some members have been on this forum for a long time they seem to think they are allowed to be obnoxious to members who do not agree with there opinion. They go out of their way to be rude and nasty. I have found out in recent months not to argue as it becomes worse. I do not think some of the moderators are less than impartial. They should be but are not, mainly because they are friends and meet outside the forum. That is all I have to say on the matter. I expect it will be denied but that is my opinion for what it is worth,

Utter nonsense. Calling someone who disagrees with you a bully is a pretty weak bit of card-playing, designed to slyly win an argument when you have no further points to make. For someone who likes to stridently put their forthright opinions on the forum without any real provocation, you seem to have a problem when others do the same in response. Besides which, that conversation was over six months ago!

Oh yes, I'm right on cue too.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: The British Monarchy « Reply #1354 on: February 06, 2012, 03:22 PM »

Thanks for the admission Joe, that was only a week or so ago see you had a go at someone else about the same time. She was so right about you, you are obnoxious no doubt about it. I would be wasting my time to say anything further.
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Re: The British Monarchy « Reply #1355 on: February 06, 2012, 03:29 PM »

Thanks for the admission Joe, that was only a week or so ago see you had a go at someone else about the same time. She was so right about you, you are obnoxious no doubt about it. I would be wasting my time to say anything further.

Well as I find myself diagreeing with pretty much everything you say, and knowing your penchant for wanting your opinion but playing the victim whenever someone else challenges you on it, it wasn't much of a guess to realise that I was one of the people you were talking about. But sure, someone who responds to you with equal vehemence is obnoxious. I see what you did there.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: The British Monarchy « Reply #1356 on: February 06, 2012, 03:49 PM »

I always meet Joe outside the forum, we quaff pints every weekend together.
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Re: The British Monarchy « Reply #1357 on: February 06, 2012, 04:05 PM »

I always meet Joe outside the forum, we quaff pints every weekend together.

Indeed - it was a big one this weekend just gone, Saturday night is a blur!
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: The British Monarchy « Reply #1358 on: February 06, 2012, 07:06 PM »

The Queen is, generally speaking, respected here in Canada. Her face is on our currency, stamps, and a portrait in every school...
Nobody gives a stuff about Charles and Camilla...(and they're coming here in May,)  In a way, I feel pathetically sorry for Charles because he hasn't filled the 'top job' as Diana put it.... just as she said he wouldn't..
William & Kate caused quite a stir when they came...
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: The British Monarchy « Reply #1359 on: February 07, 2012, 06:01 AM »

No love for the royals, but Elizabeth does a good job but it is time for her to give up the reins and let Charles be King at least for a short time.
God forbid that Charles should become king.  It would be a total disaster.  Anyway the Queen has just renewed to pledge to reign until her death - something she swore to do when she took the Coronation Oath.  Yes she can hand the reins over to PC should she become too old or infirm to carry out royal duties, but he would only hold the title of Prince Regent and would only become King when she dies.  However, if she's anything like her mother I expect she'll be good for quite a few years to come, and I was very glad to hear that this extremely hard-working monarch has at last started cutting back on her schedule, gradually passing more and more duties on to other members of her family.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: The British Monarchy « Reply #1360 on: February 07, 2012, 07:50 AM »

I'm a Republican but feel deeply sorry for Charles. Yes, I know in spite of the dosh/privilege etc. Imagine not being able to get a job until your mother dies? Gruesome. Cruelty to dumb animals, I call it Frown
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: The British Monarchy « Reply #1361 on: February 07, 2012, 12:01 PM »

Charles is okay its a shame he is rubbished. He does a lot of good work and is concerned about the climate and farming. He also does good work for youngsters I cannot see anything wrong with that. He may hold some different views but so what. What harm is there in that.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: The British Monarchy « Reply #1362 on: February 07, 2012, 02:51 PM »

I agree - I think Charles' heart is in the right place and he has been a very good father to William and Harry.  He was much maligned over his break-up with Diana but he was not responsible for her death as some would have us believe.  I don't think divorce is ever totally one-sided and she was certainly not an angel.  I would much rather have Charles as king than one of his brothers.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: The British Monarchy « Reply #1363 on: February 07, 2012, 04:30 PM »

I agree - I think Charles' heart is in the right place and he has been a very good father to William and Harry.  He was much maligned over his break-up with Diana but he was not responsible for her death as some would have us believe.  I don't think divorce is ever totally one-sided and she was certainly not an angel.  I would much rather have Charles as king than one of his brothers.
I never liked Diana.  Always thought she was a manipulative trouble-maker, however good a mother she was to her sons as well as the support she gave to so many worthy causes.  It didn't help though that the poor woman was a psychological wreck who, quite frankly, was merely a broodmare for Charles in order to produce heirs to the throne.  Their engagement announcement was cringeworthy and the wedding even worse as PC looked most of the time as though he'd much rather be elsewhere.  Also she was far too young and naive to fit easily into the royal family.

I certainly don't believe he was responsible for her death.  In fact I'm not one of the conspiracy theorists and firmly believe that the car accident was just that and nothing more sinister.  He does have many good attributes and it's clear how much he cares about his sons and, yes, definitely preferable to his brothers as king.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: The British Monarchy « Reply #1364 on: February 07, 2012, 06:43 PM »

I agree with your summation of Diana Aileen - it was certainly a match that was doomed from the outset.  Thankfully I think the royals have learned their lesson in time for the younger generation to benefit. 
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 ... 97 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »