Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  The British Monarchy 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Should the British Monarchy exist in today's world?
Yes. - 26 (51%)
No. - 25 (49%)
Total Voters: 49

Pages: 1 ... 93 94 95 [96] 97 Go Down Reply
Author

The British Monarchy

(Read 23379 times)
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: The British Monarchy « Reply #1425 on: April 09, 2014, 11:24 PM »

Yeah he seemed like a boisterous wee bundle in the clips ive watched lol...and proper wee chubby cheeks  Very Happy think kates been feeding him her food as well....shes far too thin!!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: The British Monarchy « Reply #1426 on: April 10, 2014, 12:12 AM »

Prince George had his public appearance yesterday with a playdate with a number of Kiwi babies born in the same month. They made sure to include babies from all different cultural backgrounds and of course one with same sex parents too. Photos and video here: http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/royal-tour/9921832/Prince-George-has-a-play-date-with-Kiwi-kids

He's a very chubby baby isn't he? Chubbiest cheeks I've ever seen on a baby.
He's absolutely adorable.  I don't normally coo over babies but he's one of the exceptions.

Thanks for the pics.  We did get quite a few on the BBC news as well, and I loved the one where he got face to face with a little girl, only she wasn't impressed and started to cry!

Sad though to think that he'll never be able to lead a 'normal' life, even if the monarchy does finally get itself into the 21st century.

[ Last edit by Aileen April 10, 2014, 12:17 AM ] IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: The British Monarchy « Reply #1427 on: April 10, 2014, 01:01 AM »

They certainly make a nice little family.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: The British Monarchy « Reply #1428 on: April 12, 2014, 04:54 AM »

So the little town of Cambridge was buzzing today.  I've never seen so many people (rugby/cricket match aside) in one place here!

* Motor-cade.jpg (654.39 KB, 1296x864 - viewed 12 times.)

* Royals arriving.jpg (235.62 KB, 1296x864 - viewed 12 times.)

* Royals at the cenataph on the big screen.jpg (629.16 KB, 1296x864 - viewed 12 times.)

* Royals leaving.jpg (275.57 KB, 1296x864 - viewed 10 times.)
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Re: The British Monarchy « Reply #1429 on: April 12, 2014, 07:57 AM »

Nice. They thought 100,000 people were going to line the street today. Population of Cambridge is only about 15,000.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: The British Monarchy « Reply #1430 on: April 12, 2014, 10:55 AM »

100,000?  I'd not heard that figure banded about.  20,000 I'd heard but they think between 12,000 and 15,000, so not bad for a town of about 15,000.

It was nice to see everyone walking about and we were glad that we didn't have to drive anywhere after it had all finished! Very Happy
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: The British Monarchy « Reply #1431 on: April 12, 2014, 11:24 AM »

Did you get anywhere close Bev?
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: The British Monarchy « Reply #1432 on: April 12, 2014, 11:34 AM »

We only arrived at a viewing point about half an hour before they arrived and we managed to get at the front of a barrier. The people that were at the front of the walkabouts had either been there overnight or since about 5 am in the morning. We were more than happy with the glimpses we caught. Very Happy
IP Logged
benniebone
Challenger Level

Re: The British Monarchy « Reply #1433 on: April 12, 2014, 11:53 AM »

It is lovely to see the warm welcome New Zealanders are giving the Cambridges. It is also great publicity for New Zealand  itself  It looks a very interesting place
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: The British Monarchy « Reply #1434 on: April 12, 2014, 12:16 PM »

We only arrived at a viewing point about half an hour before they arrived and we managed to get at the front of a barrier. The people that were at the front of the walkabouts had either been there overnight or since about 5 am in the morning. We were more than happy with the glimpses we caught. Very Happy
That's the best way to do Bev! I've seen the Queen twice........once close enough to touch, but I never queued for hours and I'd never stay up all night to see any of the royals! I would for our Andy though!  Whistle
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: The British Monarchy « Reply #1435 on: April 12, 2014, 12:35 PM »

It is lovely to see the warm welcome New Zealanders are giving the Cambridges. It is also great publicity for New Zealand  itself  It looks a very interesting place

I can actually say that I've done racing in the harbour with Team Emirates as the Cambridges did on Friday.  One of our suppliers got us the opportunity to do that as they are a sponsor. Alas, we were on the losing team too.  I've never been to the south island, where I believe they will be tomorrow and is quite different to the north island.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: The British Monarchy « Reply #1436 on: April 12, 2014, 12:36 PM »

That's the best way to do Bev! I've seen the Queen twice........once close enough to touch, but I never queued for hours and I'd never stay up all night to see any of the royals! I would for our Andy though!  Whistle
I was once that close to Princess Anne, but like you I'd never queue for hours to see any of them even if I do think Wills and Kate are a really lovely couple. 
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: The British Monarchy « Reply #1437 on: April 12, 2014, 12:43 PM »

Well I don't think my hubby was that bothered about going but was walking around with a Union flag draped around his shoulders. I think the walk into town earlier in the day got him into the spirit of things.

The Queen has visited Cambridge a few times though before my time. I don't think I've ever seen a royal in the flesh, until now, though prince Andrew did land a helicopter on a field of the college I worked at in the UK. I'm guessing the Queen has visited Doncaster a number of times, for the horse racing, but since I never went there, then I wouldn't have seen her.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: The British Monarchy « Reply #1438 on: April 12, 2014, 12:54 PM »

I was once that close to Princess Anne, but like you I'd never queue for hours to see any of them even if I do think Wills and Kate are a really lovely couple. 
Yes.....I like Wills and Kate too Aileen, though I must say I'm sick of the sight of Pippa Middleton whenever I open a paper!  Rolling Eyes I do like Princess Anne as well! Oh.......and baby George is a wee cutie pie!
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: The British Monarchy « Reply #1439 on: April 12, 2014, 01:05 PM »

Well I don't think my hubby was that bothered about going but was walking around with a Union flag draped around his shoulders. I think the walk into town earlier in the day got him into the spirit of things.

The Queen has visited Cambridge a few times though before my time. I don't think I've ever seen a royal in the flesh, until now, though prince Andrew did land a helicopter on a field of the college I worked at in the UK. I'm guessing the Queen has visited Doncaster a number of times, for the horse racing, but since I never went there, then I wouldn't have seen her.
I saw the Queen 50 years ago from an upstairs window of the buiding where I worked when she visited Glasgow! She was in an open car, so I gave her a wee wave! I saw her again years later, when she opened the shopping centre in Milton Keynes. Well actually, I think she was officially opening the new city! She did a walk about in the centre and if I'd leant forward, I could have shook her hand.....but I didn't!  Wink
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 95 [96] 97 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »