Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  The Cancer Thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: The Cancer Thread  (Read 1213 times)
audie
Futures Level

my guilty ppleasure

Re: The Cancer Thread « Reply #15 on: March 16, 2013, 07:45 PM »

thanks aileen
my mum died 33 years ago with bowel cancer at the age 0f 51  my dad died the following year ,my dads parents had cancer in the family and so did my mums side ,,our family has to be checked now every 2 years for bowel cancer  not pleasant but got to be done
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: The Cancer Thread « Reply #16 on: March 16, 2013, 08:01 PM »

thanks aileen
my mum died 33 years ago with bowel cancer at the age 0f 51  my dad died the following year ,my dads parents had cancer in the family and so did my mums side ,,our family has to be checked now every 2 years for bowel cancer  not pleasant but got to be done
It's tragic to know that cancer can have such a devastating impact on some families, and I'm very sorry that yours is one of them.  Unfortunately it seems that scientists still have no clear idea why some cancers, mainly ovarian, breast and bowel, are hereditary, or even why that should be the case.  I guess if they can identify the key to that then it'll go a long way to finding a cure.
IP Logged
audie
Futures Level

my guilty ppleasure

Re: The Cancer Thread « Reply #17 on: March 16, 2013, 08:38 PM »

It's tragic to know that cancer can have such a devastating impact on some families, and I'm very sorry that yours is one of them.  Unfortunately it seems that scientists still have no clear idea why some cancers, mainly ovarian, breast and bowel, are hereditary, or even why that should be the case.  I guess if they can identify the key to that then it'll go a long way to finding a cure.

we are taking part in a genectic  programme so lets hope it helps others
IP Logged
deb
ATP Level

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: The Cancer Thread « Reply #18 on: March 22, 2013, 04:51 PM »

Wow you just don't realise until it happens to you how so many people suffer at the hands of cancer, good luck and positive thoughts to everyone suffering or family that are, we can get through it, I am going to beat it, I have promised my family.  hug
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: The Cancer Thread « Reply #19 on: March 22, 2013, 11:19 PM »

Wow you just don't realise until it happens to you how so many people suffer at the hands of cancer, good luck and positive thoughts to everyone suffering or family that are, we can get through it, I am going to beat it, I have promised my family.  hug

Praying for you and your family. Strength of character seems to play a huge part in the fight against cancer- so I'm sure you'll be fine in the end.
IP Logged
Connor
World No 1

Re: The Cancer Thread « Reply #20 on: March 22, 2013, 11:20 PM »

Haven't posted here in a while but its a year since my grandma died next Saturday. The years go by so fast its untrue.
IP Logged
Connor
World No 1

Re: The Cancer Thread « Reply #21 on: May 02, 2013, 07:32 PM »

My other grandma's been diagnosed with breast cancer. I am certain it won't kill her so I'm not extremely upset about it. I fought this battle once before, I can do it again.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Top Seed

Re: The Cancer Thread « Reply #22 on: May 02, 2013, 08:34 PM »

Hope your Grandma makes a fully recovery connor.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: The Cancer Thread « Reply #23 on: May 02, 2013, 08:43 PM »

My other grandma's been diagnosed with breast cancer. I am certain it won't kill her so I'm not extremely upset about it. I fought this battle once before, I can do it again.

Sorry to hear that Connor, and sending you a hug. x
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: The Cancer Thread « Reply #24 on: May 02, 2013, 09:00 PM »

Yes, let's fight the good fight.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: The Cancer Thread « Reply #25 on: May 02, 2013, 09:24 PM »

I'm sorry to hear this - sending my best wishes and hope your grandma makes a full recovery.
IP Logged
Connor
World No 1

Re: The Cancer Thread « Reply #26 on: May 02, 2013, 09:26 PM »

Cheers to all of you for the good wishes. I appreciate it Smile
IP Logged
FCR
Futures Level

Re: The Cancer Thread « Reply #27 on: May 03, 2013, 04:38 PM »

Sorry to read this.  Changes to lifestyle can help tremendously.  Good advice and help here http://www.canceractive.com/ http://www.thehaven.org.uk/ and here http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/
My husband was diagnosed with breast cancer 9 years ago and although he did undergo a total mastectomy, chemo and radiotherapy, he also embraced many holistic and complementary therapies too.  I hope your grandma makes a speedy and complete recovery.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: The Cancer Thread « Reply #28 on: May 03, 2013, 08:25 PM »

That must be hard so soon after the death of your other Grandma, Connor - but I admire your positive attitude and I'm sure your cheerfulness will help keep her spirits up.  I wish her a complete recovery. hug
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

You mesmerize me, Andy

Re: The Cancer Thread « Reply #29 on: May 05, 2013, 08:18 AM »

Hope she makes a full recovery soon. Please keep updating about her condition. I hope you are coping well too, Connor. hug
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »