Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  The Cancer Thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Reply
Author

The Cancer Thread

(Read 1456 times)
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: The Cancer Thread « Reply #30 on: May 06, 2013, 07:55 PM »

Crikey.. I'm blowing off in this thread because I just read the interview with Ross Hutchins and I'm having stupid flashbacks. And I don't want to clutter up Andy's thread. After being in remission for 19 years my tests have been looking a bit dodgy, and my Oncologist has me on Watchful Waiting. He says I'm stable.

Like Ross, I used to get my chemo cocktail every 2 weeks. I know this will sound completely crazy, but I used to look forward to getting some peace and quiet from my screaming toddler for 2 hours with my feet up and a magazine. Chemo doesn't hurt.
The other 2 weeks consisted of my daily pill cocktails, that's if I could keep them down.  I don't remember (and didn't care) about the names of any of the drugs I had except for the Morphine pump and Ondansetron. I used to really feel so much better when I threw up.. so much better than feeling constantly nauseous.
After my radiation treatment, I had to get a Hickman Line for the bone marrow transplant/food/blood/platelets/anti-biotics.

Unfortunately, the white blood booster had to be administered daily into my muscle tissue.

Please ignore me, not looking for sympathy.. just simply blowing off.

Deb.. how are you doing?
Audie.. how is your sister?
Connor.. how is your grandma?
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: The Cancer Thread « Reply #31 on: May 06, 2013, 08:09 PM »

Crikey.. I'm blowing off in this thread because I just read the interview with Ross Hutchins and I'm having stupid flashbacks. And I don't want to clutter up Andy's thread. After being in remission for 19 years my tests have been looking a bit dodgy, and my Oncologist has me on Watchful Waiting. He says I'm stable.

Like Ross, I used to get my chemo cocktail every 2 weeks. I know this will sound completely crazy, but I used to look forward to getting some peace and quiet from my screaming toddler for 2 hours with my feet up and a magazine. Chemo doesn't hurt.
The other 2 weeks consisted of my daily pill cocktails, that's if I could keep them down.  I don't remember (and didn't care) about the names of any of the drugs I had except for the Morphine pump and Ondansetron. I used to really feel so much better when I threw up.. so much better than feeling constantly nauseous.
After my radiation treatment, I had to get a Hickman Line for the bone marrow transplant/food/blood/platelets/anti-biotics.

Unfortunately, the white blood booster had to be administered daily into my muscle tissue.

Please ignore me, not looking for sympathy.. just simply blowing off.

Deb.. how are you doing?
Audie.. how is your sister?
Connor.. how is your grandma?

Off to see the old diva tomorrow, haven't heard any bad news so I'm assuming she is doing what she normally does, fights the **** til' it's down. Smile
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: The Cancer Thread « Reply #32 on: May 06, 2013, 08:12 PM »

Linda we all know no way you would be looking for sympathy, its just not u  no but you have far too many friends who care about you here on Murrays world to be ignored also  hug so sorry your having flashbacks of a bad time in your life Frown and hope and pray your results are fine, I'm sure they are being thoroughly monitored. Your wee trip back home is coming at a perfect time for you by the sound of it. xxx
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: The Cancer Thread « Reply #33 on: May 06, 2013, 08:13 PM »

Connor hope your gran has a speedy recovery  hug
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: The Cancer Thread « Reply #34 on: May 06, 2013, 08:15 PM »

Hi Scotnadian thanks so much for asking, What a time of it you had. I've just come out of hospital , 5 weeks ago I had my mastectomy , and all the results were clear except one lymph node so I've just been in to have another batch taken, and now wait 2 weeks for results  nervous, we will then know what treatment I will need. It's amazing how many people
 I have meet or like on MM, that have suffered, and it's so lovely to have Somewhere to come and talk, away from the family, and friends,which sounds terrible ( they have been amazing, I don't no what I would do without them) but its so nice to talk to people who have been through it and know what your going through.  hug Positive thoughts and wishes to everyone suffering or has a loved one going through this horrible disease , hug
[ Last edit by deb May 06, 2013, 08:23 PM ] IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: The Cancer Thread « Reply #35 on: May 06, 2013, 11:04 PM »

Connor.. give your gran a hug from me. hug

Deb.. It sucks to have to wait for results. Trust me, I know. I sincerely hope they are good, and please let me know.
My neighbour had a double mastectomy several years ago and is living a normal, productive life. Back to work and looks beautiful. x
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: The Cancer Thread « Reply #36 on: May 07, 2013, 09:51 AM »

Connor.. give your gran a hug from me. hug

Deb.. It sucks to have to wait for results. Trust me, I know. I sincerely hope they are good, and please let me know.
My neighbour had a double mastectomy several years ago and is living a normal, productive life. Back to work and looks beautiful. x
Thank you , oh that's so good to hear Scotnadian , I will of course let you know.x
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: The Cancer Thread « Reply #37 on: June 12, 2013, 10:20 PM »

Pleased to announce... she's been given the all clear.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: The Cancer Thread « Reply #38 on: June 12, 2013, 11:07 PM »

Great news!  It must be a big relief for your gran as well as the rest of the family. Smile
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: The Cancer Thread « Reply #39 on: June 12, 2013, 11:43 PM »

Excellent news. hug
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »