Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  The CHRISTMAS thread! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Linked Events
  • Christmas Eve: December 24, 2010
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 104 [105] 106 107 Go Down Reply
Author

The CHRISTMAS thread!

(Read 37234 times)
hulahoop
Seed

Home is where the heart is!

Re: The CHRISTMAS thread! « Reply #1560 on: December 30, 2010, 01:36 PM »

Really sorry to hear about your accident and hope you're on the mend now hug  How have you been managing with your little dog?  Is there someone who can take him out?
Thanks Daisy. I have an army of people helping out including a dog walker who my dogs adore. Thank goodness I can afford it, I dont know how I'd have coped otherwise.
Raffa had a major op just before my fall and they had to shave his backside. :p Unlike me he's made a brilliant recovery and is now haring everywhere.
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: The CHRISTMAS thread! « Reply #1561 on: December 30, 2010, 01:39 PM »

Thanks Daisy. I have an army of people helping out including a dog walker who my dogs adore. Thank goodness I can afford it, I dont know how I'd have coped otherwise.
Raffa had a major op just before my fall and they had to shave his backside. :p Unlike me he's made a brilliant recovery and is now haring everywhere.

I'm glad you had some help ... that would be the thing that would bother me the most ... "what about my dog"!!  There seem to be some good pet services around which I haven't had to use as yet - the one which is closest to where I am will come and stay in your house, or have your pet to stay in their house and so on.  What happened to your little dog that he had to have surgery?
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: The CHRISTMAS thread! « Reply #1562 on: December 30, 2010, 02:47 PM »

grouphug imsorry

Just wanted to apologise for not coming onto the board recently and to hope everyone had a brilliant Christmas. Also that 2011 is a cracker and that Andy finally gets the GS he so richly deserves.

Life here has been pretty difficult as I had a really bad fall at the beginning of October ( :p and "No" I wasn't drunk!!).  I've been pretty much bedbound, certainly housebound since. I need a new knee as the one I've had for 60 years keeps buckling and I cant walk much. I know that doesn't affect me visiting forums so my New Year Resolution is to start posting on here again. It's frighteningly easy to get out of the habit of clicking on and catching up, but hope everyone is fine and that uni/school/work/etc is going well. Any gossip I should know? Very Happy

Tally xx

hug Sorry to hear that! Definitely be on here more, social activity without having to move yes
Hmmm gossip and news, I've found myself a guy lol does that count Think If you promise to be on more then I'll tell you more :p
Take care and look after yourself hug
IP Logged
Iris
ATP Level

Re: The CHRISTMAS thread! « Reply #1563 on: January 02, 2011, 04:25 PM »

grouphug imsorry

Just wanted to apologise for not coming onto the board recently and to hope everyone had a brilliant Christmas. Also that 2011 is a cracker and that Andy finally gets the GS he so richly deserves.

Life here has been pretty difficult as I had a really bad fall at the beginning of October ( :p and "No" I wasn't drunk!!).  I've been pretty much bedbound, certainly housebound since. I need a new knee as the one I've had for 60 years keeps buckling and I cant walk much. I know that doesn't affect me visiting forums so my New Year Resolution is to start posting on here again. It's frighteningly easy to get out of the habit of clicking on and catching up, but hope everyone is fine and that uni/school/work/etc is going well. Any gossip I should know? Very Happy

Tally xx
Welcome back and hope you have recovered well and had a good christmas and new year.  Looking forward to a successful 2011 not only for everyone on MW but especially for Andy!
IP Logged
Tommy
World No 1

woo hoo

Re: The CHRISTMAS thread! « Reply #1564 on: January 03, 2011, 07:15 PM »

I am back in New York. Had a fantastic christmas.
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: The CHRISTMAS thread! « Reply #1565 on: January 03, 2011, 07:21 PM »

I am back in New York. Had a fantastic christmas.

Hey ho - you're back ... I just asked (in another thread) where you were ... glad you had a lovely time ...
IP Logged
Tommy
World No 1

woo hoo

Re: The CHRISTMAS thread! « Reply #1566 on: January 03, 2011, 07:22 PM »

Hey ho - you're back ... I just asked (in another thread) where you were ... glad you had a lovely time ...

hug well thanks for thinking of me!!! Very Happy How was your Christmas?
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: The CHRISTMAS thread! « Reply #1567 on: January 03, 2011, 07:24 PM »

hug well thanks for thinking of me!!! Very Happy How was your Christmas?

It was great ... the electricity stayed on ... what a plus !!!  lol
IP Logged
Tommy
World No 1

woo hoo

Re: The CHRISTMAS thread! « Reply #1568 on: January 03, 2011, 07:26 PM »

hahaha!!! Good! Oh and guess what? I go to the UK....they are suffering from snow....i get back to New York and they are still fighting to recover from over 20 inches last week! New York's 20 inches puts the UK to shame though.

I seem really good at missing the actual snow though!
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: The CHRISTMAS thread! « Reply #1569 on: January 03, 2011, 07:29 PM »

I was wondering if you had managed to navigate there and back without getting buried in a snowdrift!  You did well!  Was Santa good to you?
IP Logged
Tommy
World No 1

woo hoo

Re: The CHRISTMAS thread! « Reply #1570 on: January 03, 2011, 07:31 PM »

I did do very well! I was blessed.... and yes he was! haha I was happy. How about to you?
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: The CHRISTMAS thread! « Reply #1571 on: January 03, 2011, 07:32 PM »

I did do very well! I was blessed.... and yes he was! haha I was happy. How about to you?

Yes .... I'd been making a list since July and it just all miraculously appeared .... aint Santa grand  lol
IP Logged
Tommy
World No 1

woo hoo

Re: The CHRISTMAS thread! « Reply #1572 on: January 03, 2011, 07:33 PM »

hahaha oh yes my dear....He is fantastic. lol
IP Logged
hulahoop
Seed

Home is where the heart is!

Re: The CHRISTMAS thread! « Reply #1573 on: January 09, 2011, 01:14 PM »

Hazel, great  news about the new man. So pleased for you. More info please!! How's uni?

Raffa was diagnosed with Legge-Perthes disease, which meant his hind quarters were dying. He had to have the femur on both sides shaved off, which means he has no hip sockets, the scar tissue forms a sort of artificial one. Huge op, but it's been a great success and thankfully he was insured....saving me £1k Very Happy (I've put a photo in the Dogs section)
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: The CHRISTMAS thread! « Reply #1574 on: January 09, 2011, 01:17 PM »

I just looked up Legge Perthes as I hadn't heard of it ... how awful.  The article I read said it is genetic - what about any of your doggie's other family members?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 104 [105] 106 107 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »