Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  The food thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 Go Down Reply
Author

The food thread

(Read 1084 times)
Banannie
Veteran

The food thread « Reply #165 on: April 14, 2006, 09:01 PM »

Top 10 or not, they are obviously not that good if they can't teach you to spell... and they should be doing something about it, not just marking you down with a red pen. Rolling Eyes

But, can spelling really be completely tought? I don't think that if teachers just teach it to us, it'll really solve the problem....  Think
IP Logged
brighton babe
Challenger Level

Neue Jaffageschmack kuchen schlager Andy?

The food thread « Reply #166 on: April 14, 2006, 09:03 PM »

I'm understanding you mean 'normal' school as in state school.

Yes private is different to that. In 'normal' aka state schools the education is free.
In private schools fees can get up to £4,000 a term.
would you say that the education and behavior is better in private schools?
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

The food thread « Reply #167 on: April 14, 2006, 09:03 PM »

Ooh, ain't we posh? lol

Top 10 or not, they are obviously not that good if they can't teach you to spell... and they should be doing something about it, not just marking you down with a red pen. Rolling Eyes

It's not posh. Just want a good education! Wink

Well i agree with Annie. It's possibly the students fault that they can't spell. There's 15 in each class - and that's small for a typical class. The teacher can't teach it to everyone - trust me, they've tried. Rolling Eyes Doesn't work for some people - and im in that unforunate catergory.
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

The food thread « Reply #168 on: April 14, 2006, 09:07 PM »

would you say that the education and behavior is better in private schools?

Yes!

Bullying isn't tolerated. AT ALL. 2 people were expelled from my class in year 7 for swearing at the headmistress once. Rules are pretty tough and life is typically dominated by work from the age of like 10. Rolling Eyes
Education, there's no question. The reason for the high prices is because teachers give away their free time after school and during breaks to teach you by will if you need extra help.
All i can say - is that you're a very lucky person if you go through childhood in a private school!!
IP Logged
Riverman
Veteran

Hello

The food thread « Reply #169 on: April 14, 2006, 09:10 PM »

Education, there's no question. The reason for the high prices is because teachers give away their free time after school and during breaks to teach you by will if you need extra help.

Even help with spelling?
IP Logged
brighton babe
Challenger Level

Neue Jaffageschmack kuchen schlager Andy?

The food thread « Reply #170 on: April 14, 2006, 09:12 PM »

Yes!

Bullying isn't tolerated. AT ALL. 2 people were expelled from my class in year 7 for swearing at the headmistress once. Rules are pretty tough and life is typically dominated by work from the age of like 10. Rolling Eyes
All i can say - is that you're a very lucky person if you go through childhood in a private school!!
i have always wanted to know what it's like to go to private school, but i don't actually know anyone that goes or went to one. thanks for explaining hug
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

The food thread « Reply #171 on: April 14, 2006, 09:12 PM »

Even help with spelling?

Yes. Believe me i have. But it doesn't help.  no
IP Logged
deedee
John McEnroe

The food thread « Reply #172 on: April 14, 2006, 09:33 PM »

confused

I once wrote 'to wright in stead of to write' Very Happy I'll never ever do that again!
IP Logged
Riverman
Veteran

Hello

The food thread « Reply #173 on: April 14, 2006, 09:53 PM »

Right... :P

Instead = one word. Wink
IP Logged
deedee
John McEnroe

The food thread « Reply #174 on: April 14, 2006, 10:28 PM »

Seriously? Cool!
IP Logged
TCK
Challenger Level

A Miserable Little Pile Of BULL ****!

The food thread « Reply #175 on: April 15, 2006, 02:20 AM »

Well yeah... not meaning any offence to you or anyone else, but I am seriously shocked and appalled by the spelling of some people on here... what the hell do they teach you in school if they don't even teach you to write properly?

And seriously, how can you hope to get a decent job or get into uni if you can't?

There's my rant for the day... Rolling Eyes
I love you.
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

The food thread « Reply #176 on: April 15, 2006, 05:25 AM »

I quite liked my state school education. Had the chance to go to a private school, but i reckon they are for people who want good grades (or whose parents want good grades for them) but aren't as academically capable. I mean i got very good grades in my state school. School was easy. Not saying people are think in private schools or anything, but if a child leaving primary say, struggles, then private school is a good idea.
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

The food thread « Reply #177 on: April 15, 2006, 05:26 AM »

Oh and one other thing, with regards spelling. Almost 95% of the time, it's typos with me. Nothing much wrong with my spelling. As for Broccoli, that was Julai;s fault. She said it in an Msn convo before i put it on here.
IP Logged
Riverman
Veteran

Hello

The food thread « Reply #178 on: April 15, 2006, 08:02 AM »

Excuses excuses... Rolling Eyes

Wink
IP Logged
davidB
John McEnroe

If at first you don't succeed, you fail.

The food thread « Reply #179 on: April 15, 2006, 10:52 AM »

but excuses rule! and what is it with the broccoli?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »