Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  The Movies 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 301 302 303 [304] 305 306 307 ... 339 Go Down Reply
Author

The Movies

(Read 116092 times)
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: The Movies « Reply #4545 on: February 27, 2012, 01:37 AM »

Watching the Oscars. I have no one to root for. bah
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: The Movies « Reply #4546 on: February 27, 2012, 11:29 AM »

IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Re: The Movies « Reply #4547 on: February 27, 2012, 12:56 PM »

^ I think he overstepped the mark a little, obviously didn't have the balls to spill it over George Clooney.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: The Movies « Reply #4548 on: February 27, 2012, 12:57 PM »

A lot of people don't like Ryan though so it makes sense that would be his target.
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Re: The Movies « Reply #4549 on: February 27, 2012, 01:02 PM »

I liked the costume, just thought the Oscars were a little more classy than that. There were some stunning ladies out last night but not sure where Hollywood glamour has gone!
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: The Movies « Reply #4550 on: February 27, 2012, 01:03 PM »

Wouldn't say he's run of the mill Robbie, but I do think his death resulted in an over-exaggeration of his performance in The Dark Knight.

He was very good in The Dark Knight though - even better in Brokeback Mountain. Two contrasting roles and performed extremely well by such a young guy. His death may have created a bit too much hype and I feel that, unfortunately, the quality of his work will always be doubted because of it.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: The Movies « Reply #4551 on: February 27, 2012, 04:12 PM »

IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: The Movies « Reply #4552 on: February 27, 2012, 05:23 PM »

He was very good in The Dark Knight though - even better in Brokeback Mountain. Two contrasting roles and performed extremely well by such a young guy. His death may have created a bit too much hype and I feel that, unfortunately, the quality of his work will always be doubted because of it.

So you are a fan of Heath Ledger. I thought you were more of a fan of that Joker character in The Dark Knight. I saw it in the theatre when it first came out most probably because of the hype that was going on at that time and had bad seats, so I never got to enjoy it as much as I thought I would. Now they show it on TV from time to time, but I always find something better to watch. Having said that, I thought he was very good in Brokeback Mountain. If he hadn't done BM, I don't think I would have noticed him all that much as an actor and that's despite The Dark Knight.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: The Movies « Reply #4553 on: February 27, 2012, 05:29 PM »

Last night Oscar was so boring. I fell asleep half way through. lol. By the time I woke up, my TV was showing news. Then I had a terrible time trying to fall asleep once I made it to my bed. Billy Crystal felt old and predictable…for me anyway.

I find George Clooney so overrated. With the oohed and the aahed every time they show him. Nauseating stuff. There I said it.
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Re: The Movies « Reply #4554 on: February 27, 2012, 06:03 PM »

I agree - BM was his best performance. His profound ability to immerse himself emotionally into those roles is rare for an actor so young, although I think people claiming that he died as a result of playing the Joker is silly - perhaps explains the hype though.

Also thought he was brilliant in Candy, although I prefer Requiem For A Dream and Transpotting as films in that genre.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: The Movies « Reply #4555 on: February 27, 2012, 06:10 PM »

Danny Dyer is also an excellent actor.
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Re: The Movies « Reply #4556 on: February 27, 2012, 06:23 PM »

Innit, bruv. Brap brap!
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: The Movies « Reply #4557 on: February 27, 2012, 06:24 PM »

As far as acting is concerned, I obviously prefer Jake Gyllenhaal - very low key yet a terrific actor.

I am always against overhyped actors who are bigger than their talent/life etc. - dead or alive.

Of late I saw a few good movies – Munich, Infamous, Dear Mr. Gacy, Edge of Darkenss etc. I don’t like Mel Gibson as a person all that much but in Edge of Darkness he was quite good.

Both Munich and Infamous were excellent though Munich couldn't keep up the pace in the 2nd half. Infamous is a movie that will stay with me for a very long time. I've seen the other one as well, but I thought this one had more sides to the same story and perhaps stayed more truthful towards Capote.    
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: The Movies « Reply #4558 on: February 27, 2012, 06:24 PM »

What's this? You trying to mug me off?
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Re: The Movies « Reply #4559 on: February 27, 2012, 06:40 PM »

Ere, you callin' me a slappuh?!
IP Logged