Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  The Movies 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 324 325 326 [327] 328 329 330 ... 339 Go Down Reply
Author

The Movies

(Read 117359 times)
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: The Movies « Reply #4890 on: July 06, 2013, 04:43 PM »

Just booked tickets for Despicable Me 2.
Show is tomorrow and will be back on time for the Wimby finals. Very Happy
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: The Movies « Reply #4891 on: July 27, 2013, 10:19 PM »

Just watched Oblivion with Tom Cruise, not a huge fan of his but i like sci-fi films, especially cerebral ones and this is definately a film i'll watch again.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: The Movies « Reply #4892 on: July 27, 2013, 11:06 PM »

The Wolverine is getting slated big time.   However I enjoyed it.   Much better than the first Wolverine. Loved the fight scenes.   Lacked a bit of homour though.    Can't wait for the new Xmen film.       Also Avengers 2 and the 2nd part of  The Hobbit Very Happy
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: The Movies « Reply #4893 on: July 28, 2013, 12:04 AM »

The Wolverine is getting slated big time.   However I enjoyed it.   Much better than the first Wolverine. Loved the fight scenes.   Lacked a bit of homour though.    Can't wait for the new Xmen film.       Also Avengers 2 and the 2nd part of  The Hobbit Very Happy

Hummm not sure about slated, it's got a respectable score of 68% on rottentomatoes and it's much better than the origins movie.
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Re: The Movies « Reply #4894 on: July 28, 2013, 11:30 PM »

Saw Man of Steel last night. Enjoyed it, much better than the previous Superman film. Looking forward to the inevitable sequel.
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

Re: The Movies « Reply #4895 on: August 01, 2013, 03:55 AM »

Finally got around to watching The Iron Lady in the weekend too. It was not bad and Meryl Streep did a wonderful job, however I didn't really like the strong focus on the alzheimers. Would have preferred it to just move in chronological order through the important events and focus a bit more on them rather than brief flashbacks, then finish off with her being old with alzheimers. I also probably found it a bit hard to relate to each incident as they were before my time. I'm sure it had more of an impact for those who lived through those events.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: The Movies « Reply #4896 on: August 01, 2013, 04:34 PM »

Just read that the most popular film never to win an Oscar, was The Shawshank Redemption! Apparently, Forrest Gump won it that year! The next most popular to miss out, is The Green Mile. Both written by Stephen King!   Frown
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

Re: The Movies « Reply #4897 on: August 02, 2013, 02:04 AM »

Both wondeful films and both probably in my top 5 of all time. I don't tend to watch many films more than once as I've never really been one to watch things I've already seen other than boxset comedies which are always funny despite knowing what happens. Both those films are amongst the group of films I've seen multiple times. So is Forest Gump actually.
IP Logged
tomthoms
Murraymaniac

Re: The Movies « Reply #4898 on: August 02, 2013, 10:37 AM »

This is probable the wrong thread but...

I had an uncanny -- Stephen King type -- experience involving The Green Mile movie. For some still unknown reason Fred Astaire's "Cheek to Cheek" song popped into mind one day -- unusual because, though I am acquainted with some of that era's music, my music era is 60s and 70s)

It stayed with me (haunted me -- pleasantly) for about a week or so and I actually found myself jokingly, randomly, singing the opening words of it to either my then 12 years old son or a lady friend, or both --"Heaven I'm in heaven and....." and mentioned various times that I had no idea where it had come from and why it would not go away. It had been so long since I had last heard it that I had no idea when that was.

After a few days my lady friend and I went to the movies to see The Green Mile and during the opening shots in the rest home when the camera zooms in to the scene on the TV of Fred Astaire and Ginger Rodger and as the the introduction of one of his songs started up --  but I did not recognised what the actual song was -- I jokingly leaned to my friend's ear and found that I was singing a whispering "Heaven, I'm in heaver and my heart beats so that I can hardly speak" in perfected time with Astaire's voice emanating those exact same words from the screen! After years and years of not hearing it!

When you consider that it's story-line deals less with King's typical horror and more with the subconscious power of the mind????   

IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: The Movies « Reply #4899 on: August 02, 2013, 10:55 AM »

Well, some people might think that's just 'coincidence' and of course they could be right, but you and I both know that there's more to this world than meets the eye! Seems to me that there's too much going on, to be mere coincidence! That's seriously spooky Tom! Thanks for sharing it!
[ Last edit by Caz August 02, 2013, 02:38 PM ] IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: The Movies « Reply #4900 on: August 02, 2013, 02:44 PM »

Both wondeful films and both probably in my top 5 of all time. I don't tend to watch many films more than once as I've never really been one to watch things I've already seen other than boxset comedies which are always funny despite knowing what happens. Both those films are amongst the group of films I've seen multiple times. So is Forest Gump actually.
There aren't many films I'd want to watch repeatedly, but I can't resist watching anything of Stephen King's when they're shown on TV! He's also my favourite author and I do drag his books out every couple of years or so and read them again! I love them all, but probably 'IT' and 'The Stand' are my favourites!  w00t
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: The Movies « Reply #4901 on: August 12, 2013, 05:57 PM »

I want to watch Conjuring so badly but too busy this week. Frown
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: The Movies « Reply #4902 on: August 12, 2013, 06:27 PM »

I want to go see it as well.     Has anyone else  seen it ?   
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: The Movies « Reply #4903 on: August 12, 2013, 07:12 PM »

^ My daughter went to see it, and has had nightmares since.  Why she does this to herself, only she knows!  However, she said she did laugh a little at a bit at the end...
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: The Movies « Reply #4904 on: August 12, 2013, 07:34 PM »

Try and make it up some how.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 324 325 326 [327] 328 329 330 ... 339 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »