Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic, Friday, Time - 6:30pm GMT - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  The Movies 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 328 329 330 [331] 332 333 334 ... 338 Go Down Reply
Author

The Movies

(Read 115537 times)
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: The Movies « Reply #4950 on: December 25, 2013, 12:14 PM »

Gravity was a little boring. Maybe I expected too much.

Okay, I admit it....I slept halfway through. Embarassed
Some people absolutely loved it, that's clear. Perhaps we just failed to connect with the characters? Also, some parts were apparently very emotional and yet I felt nothing. I'm usually a girl when it comes to that.

I also have no problem with an entire movie being around a few people in one location. As an example, I really enjoyed 'The Man from Earth' which was all set in a living room. lol
[ Last edit by Mark December 25, 2013, 12:18 PM ] IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: The Movies « Reply #4951 on: December 25, 2013, 12:19 PM »

I've watched most of the single location movies out there, although they're often logically flawed in many a ways I've enjoyed a few so I try and make a habit of watching them. Phone Booth and Cast Away I like; Frozen (2010), 127 Hours, Buried (2010) and maybe Moon (2009) kind of were worth watching once. The Man from Earth  though I didn't like at all, it's one of those movie that sounds really great and I though I would like but it just came across highly pretentious and I made no connection with it.
[ Last edit by laundry December 25, 2013, 01:03 PM ] IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: The Movies « Reply #4952 on: December 25, 2013, 01:04 PM »

Just finished watching 'Gone With The Wind', one of the most famous and according to some movie critics, one of the greatest movies of all time. In normal circumstances, this type of movie would not be my cup of tea. But I thought since its the winner of ten Academy Awards it must be pretty good so I watched it, and actually thoroughly enjoyed it. Very good romantic film indeed. It is incredibly long, almost 4 hours but it kept me hooked.
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: The Movies « Reply #4953 on: December 25, 2013, 01:09 PM »

That's far too cultured for you Gangsta, you should go back to watching Dr Who episodes.
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: The Movies « Reply #4954 on: December 25, 2013, 01:13 PM »

That's far too cultured for you Gangsta, you should go back to watching Dr Who episodes.

Shut up, fool :P I can be diverse.
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: The Movies « Reply #4955 on: December 25, 2013, 01:23 PM »

Just finished watching 'Gone With The Wind', one of the most famous and according to some movie critics, one of the greatest movies of all time. In normal circumstances, this type of movie would not be my cup of tea. But I thought since its the winner of ten Academy Awards it must be pretty good so I watched it, and actually thoroughly enjoyed it. Very good romantic film indeed. It is incredibly long, almost 4 hours but it kept me hooked.

I know it's not relevant to this discussion forum. But having had the book on my shelves for about 15 years, I thought it was time to start reading it. I actually found it rather long-winded and slightly boring. No wonder that she never wrote another book.

Incidentally, I stopped reading after about 120 pages  
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: The Movies « Reply #4956 on: December 26, 2013, 12:19 AM »

Like what?

I'll add Blue Jasmine to my to watch list (although Woody Allen gulp <_<)

As a start I'll nominate: "Rush" and "Philomena". I'll add others later. Incidentally, I didn't much care for "Gravity". I thought it was tedious.
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: The Movies « Reply #4957 on: December 26, 2013, 12:20 AM »

'Man of Steel' was an amazing Superman movie.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: The Movies « Reply #4958 on: December 26, 2013, 03:48 AM »

Some people absolutely loved it, that's clear. Perhaps we just failed to connect with the characters? Also, some parts were apparently very emotional and yet I felt nothing. I'm usually a girl when it comes to that.

I also have no problem with an entire movie being around a few people in one location. As an example, I really enjoyed 'The Man from Earth' which was all set in a living room. lol

Exactly! That was the problem.
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: The Movies « Reply #4959 on: December 26, 2013, 08:49 AM »

'Man of Steel' was an amazing Superman movie.

Man of Steel is a pile of vomit infested horse diarrhoea, another regurgitation of the putrid that's being continuously thrown-up in the modern-day action genre. Nothing but a mindless, empty, over the top, illogical, endless monotony of retched CGI sequences spewed over some horse ѕhit that's supposed to be called a story. It was just Hollywood's latest bowel movement excreted atop the flaming heap of manure that they've been dumping all over us.

The next time somebody tries to force me into watching one of these Hollywood action films I'm going to gauge my eyes out with a fork in order to get out seeing it.
[ Last edit by laundry December 26, 2013, 08:58 AM ] IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: The Movies « Reply #4960 on: December 26, 2013, 09:01 AM »

As a start I'll nominate: "Rush" and "Philomena". I'll add others later. Incidentally, I didn't much care for "Gravity". I thought it was tedious.
I've not seen either of them, I'll add them to my to-watch list lol.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: The Movies « Reply #4961 on: December 26, 2013, 11:52 AM »

I've not seen either of them, I'll add them to my to-watch list lol.

You better watch Rush. That is a fantastic movie. Realllyyy liked it. Smile

Man of Steel is a pile of vomit infested horse diarrhoea, another regurgitation of the putrid that's being continuously thrown-up in the modern-day action genre. Nothing but a mindless, empty, over the top, illogical, endless monotony of retched CGI sequences spewed over some horse ѕhit that's supposed to be called a story. It was just Hollywood's latest bowel movement excreted atop the flaming heap of manure that they've been dumping all over us.

The next time somebody tries to force me into watching one of these Hollywood action films I'm going to gauge my eyes out with a fork in order to get out seeing it.

Oh My God. Not watched it but don't think it will be that bad.  Think
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: The Movies « Reply #4962 on: December 26, 2013, 12:07 PM »

You better watch Rush. That is a fantastic movie. Realllyyy liked it. Smile

Oh My God. Not watched it but don't think it will be that bad.  Think

He's just bitter because the My Little Pony movie he was dying to see was scrapped post production. Ignore him. Smile
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: The Movies « Reply #4963 on: December 26, 2013, 01:22 PM »

It was worse than The Matrix Revolutions, that's how bad it was.
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: The Movies « Reply #4964 on: December 26, 2013, 01:25 PM »

It was worse than The Matrix Revolutions, that's how bad it was.

Do not talk about that movie. Utter blasphemy. Nothing was good about it. Apart from maybe Neo.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 328 329 330 [331] 332 333 334 ... 338 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »