Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Jurgen Melzer, Wednesday, Time TBA - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  The Movies 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 303 304 305 [306] 307 308 309 ... 338 Go Down Reply
Author

The Movies

(Read 114191 times)
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: The Movies « Reply #4575 on: February 27, 2012, 08:32 PM »

Ever heard of the saying Mark...You don't look at the mantelpiece when your poking the fire.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: The Movies « Reply #4576 on: February 27, 2012, 08:35 PM »

How do you know when you,ve satisfied a Redhead.....she,ll untie you.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: The Movies « Reply #4577 on: February 28, 2012, 02:14 AM »

Some of my all time favourite movies in no particular order:

Se7en, The Silence of the Lambs, Solaris, 2001: A Space Odyssey, Fight Club, Blade Runner, Stalker, Mulholland Drive, Good Will Hunting, Bourne Identify, Memento, Following, Blue Velvet, Alien, L.A. Confidential,  all Hitchcock movies but special mention goes to Vertigo, Rear Window, Psycho, Rebecca and The Birds, To Kill a Mockingbird, The Exorcist, The Exorcism of Emily Rose,  The Omen,  The Godfather, The Shawshank Redemption, Donnie Darko, Pulp Fiction, Scarface, Kill Bill Vol. 2, It Happened One Night, 12 Angry Men, The Matrix, Predator, The Terminator (first one),  Gone With The Wind, Sunset Blvd, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Some Like it Hot, All About Eve, The Maltese Falcon,  The King’s Speech, Shutter Island, The Quiet American, 3 Star Trek movies (The Wrath of Khan, The Undiscovered Country and Star Trek: The Motion Picture – because am a huge sci-fi fan, the last one was an absolute masterpiece for me.)

I have many more but just having problems remembering all of them...
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: The Movies « Reply #4578 on: March 24, 2012, 06:35 PM »

Just saw "The Hunger Games."
Outstanding.
IP Logged
angrybeez

Re: The Movies « Reply #4579 on: March 31, 2012, 03:13 PM »

The mask - never get bored of it
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: The Movies « Reply #4580 on: April 03, 2012, 04:00 PM »

Watched 'The Man from Earth' last night. Not a well known film, but it was brilliant. If you're interested in philosophy and religion, it will be right up your street.
IP Logged
drchef
Challenger Level

"Corey, Trevor.....Smokes, let's go!"

Re: The Movies « Reply #4581 on: April 03, 2012, 04:06 PM »

Watched 'The Man from Earth' last night. Not a well known film, but it was brilliant. If you're interested in philosophy and religion, it will be right up your street.

That said, I'm the least religious person on the planet and i really enjoyed it. It was different.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: The Movies « Reply #4582 on: April 03, 2012, 05:39 PM »

I own it but I had to order for it as HMV didn't have in their stock. It's very rare to find a copy of it. It's a brilliant movie I agree.

Scot, I saw The Hunger Games the Saturday before but didn't like it at all. Too many holes in the plot. I wasn't even sure why the movie was called The Hunger Games when it wasn't even remotely about that. Maybe the book is much better and explains it more and in detail.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: The Movies « Reply #4583 on: April 03, 2012, 06:16 PM »

Thanks, will download soon.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: The Movies « Reply #4584 on: April 03, 2012, 06:18 PM »

I am and I will watch it. Sounds interesting.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: The Movies « Reply #4585 on: April 03, 2012, 06:18 PM »

I own it but I had to order for it as HMV didn't have in their stock. It's very rare to find a copy of it. It's a brilliant movie I agree.

Scot, I saw The Hunger Games the Saturday before but didn't like it at all. Too many holes in the plot. I wasn't even sure why the movie was called The Hunger Games when it wasn't even remotely about that. Maybe the book is much better and explains it more and in detail.

I knew nothing about this except hearing hype about some movie comig out called 'The Hunger Games,' so was intrigued to see what the fuss was about. I didn't even know it was a book.
At the end of it, I turned to hubby and said there has got to be a sequel, there seems to be so many layers to this.  I've since discovered there is a series of books.
When I watched it, I could see references to the Holocaust, the days of the Roman empire, George Orwell's "1984," The Wizard of Oz, Survivor, and Charles Dickens' "Oliver."  I don't know if that was the intent, but that's what I got out of it.
I took the title "The Hunger Games" both literally and philosophically.
I watched it 'pure' with no outside influence except the hype I heard the day before about people lining up overnight to see it.

IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: The Movies « Reply #4586 on: April 03, 2012, 09:35 PM »

Thanks, will download soon.

It's entirely conversational and takes place in a single setting, so bear that in mind.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: The Movies « Reply #4587 on: April 03, 2012, 11:43 PM »

I saw the film in HD and loved it, especially the ending. I suppose he must be the product of a macro mutation? Something I only just learned about this week coincidently.
[ Last edit by Mark April 04, 2012, 12:21 AM ] IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: The Movies « Reply #4588 on: April 04, 2012, 01:09 AM »

I saw the film in HD and loved it, especially the ending. I suppose he must be the product of a macro mutation? Something I only just learned about this week coincidently.

What do you mean? If you mean macro evolution, that generally refers to speciation.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: The Movies « Reply #4589 on: April 04, 2012, 07:02 AM »

The narrative is good but the acting and directing... well. Think
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 303 304 305 [306] 307 308 309 ... 338 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »