Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  The Movies 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 310 311 312 [313] 314 315 316 ... 338 Go Down Reply
Author

The Movies

(Read 112340 times)
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: The Movies « Reply #4680 on: October 28, 2012, 08:38 PM »

Robbie and bbh.. I just finished watching The Usual Suspects.
Didn't need to watch twice because 5 minutes in, the final scene came flooding back to me. Very Happy
Very film noir.
I completely forgot Benicio Del Toro was in this.. I like his acting, and I think he was great in this movie.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: The Movies « Reply #4681 on: October 28, 2012, 09:22 PM »

Sweeeeet LB. Glad you enjoyed it.Smile
It's not being released here until Nov 9th.
Grrr....

Like us highfive All good things come our way eventually Very Happy
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: The Movies « Reply #4682 on: October 29, 2012, 06:11 AM »

@ Scot
Didn't get some of the nuances first time round.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: The Movies « Reply #4683 on: October 29, 2012, 04:50 PM »

Watched a couple of really gruesome movies this past weekend - courtesy of Halloween I suppose - but they were more than that. Unfortunately, these sorts of things do happen in real life as well.

Waiting for Life of PI which will be released in December. The book is great according to all the reviews so the movie should have at least half as great. Here’s the trailer.

IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Re: The Movies « Reply #4684 on: October 31, 2012, 03:48 AM »

FFS we don't get Skyfall until 22nd November!
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: The Movies « Reply #4685 on: November 01, 2012, 07:15 AM »

I thought it was the 9th (google obviously thought I was somewhere else when I asked it).  Will be worth the wait though Very Happy
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: The Movies « Reply #4686 on: November 04, 2012, 11:39 PM »

Went to see 'Flight' today. Very, very good. Certainly made me consider cancelling our flights to NYC in a few weeks time and driving instead.  Think
I saw Robert Zemekis (director and co-producer) being interviewed tonight, and although he said the movie was not true, and that the writer used composites of people and events.. he did allude that it happens more than people think.
That didn't surprise me.
We know a couple whose son is an air traffic controller, and many of his friends are atc's. They are all gamblers.
Make of that what you will.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: The Movies « Reply #4687 on: November 04, 2012, 11:44 PM »

SKYFALL: MINOR SPOILER AHEAD

I saw Skyfall last week and thought it was great... except for one glaring error that no one else seems to have picked up on.

Although he deals with the baddie, Bond doesn't get the hard drive back. This quite major plot error seems to have been lost amid all the pyrotechics.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: The Movies « Reply #4688 on: November 05, 2012, 12:18 AM »

I've grown out of Bond movies. I am more interested in the one Scot just mentioned - Flight. Besides, I am a big fan of Denzel.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: The Movies « Reply #4689 on: November 05, 2012, 12:18 AM »

Doesn't arrive here until 22nd November Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: The Movies « Reply #4690 on: November 05, 2012, 12:20 AM »

I've grown out of Bond movies. I am more interested in the one Scot just mentioned - Flight. Besides, I am a big fan of Denzel.

I think Danial Craig was a good shot in the arm for Bond.  I couldn't tell you the Bond movies with the Remmington Steele guy in them Think Pierce Brosnon.  I though I do know Sean Bean was a baddy in one I think, or that might have been the guy before him. search
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: The Movies « Reply #4691 on: November 05, 2012, 12:37 AM »

I think Danial Craig was a good shot in the arm for Bond.  I couldn't tell you the Bond movies with the Remmington Steele guy in them Think Pierce Brosnon.  I though I do know Sean Bean was a baddy in one I think, or that might have been the guy before him. search

For some strange reason I just can't imagine Danial Craig as the new Bond but then again, I have yet to see one with him in it, but I am just having trouble getting past that feeling. lol On the other hand, I quite liked Pierce Brosnon, though, strangely enough, I too can't remember any of his Bond movies either.

But I think I overdid with the Bond movies when one election night a few years ago, when I was home alone, I decided to see all the Bond movies all night and since then I feel a bit sick, when I think about watching another Bond movie. That could be another reason why I have yet to see any with Craig. lolol
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: The Movies « Reply #4692 on: November 06, 2012, 08:18 PM »

28 Weeks Later

Quite enjoyed it and loved that it was so close to home. I could see most of the locations by looking out the window Very Happy
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: The Movies « Reply #4693 on: November 06, 2012, 09:05 PM »

I simply hated 28 Days Later. Here's a review of the movie that pretty much sums up my feelings:

"Day of the Triffids turns into Dawn of the Dead. The only thing scary is that so many like this badly acted and ludicrous movie. Seeing London's streets completely clear of cars, people and bodies was creepy but it hardly fitted into the storyline to become another gaping plot hole, which the film has many of. The public are just expected to be blinded by the light show and it doesn't attempt to explain these holes even in the most incredible way. I probably would have forgotten this 28 minutes later if not for the fact I wasted my time and money watching it. Dire plot, dire direction, dire cinematography, dire acting, this should have just been released on British TV to screen late Friday night for the drunk brigade..."

lol at the last line.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: The Movies « Reply #4694 on: November 06, 2012, 09:15 PM »

They'll always be a few who don't like a good film for whatever reason. For example, I didn't think The Hurt Locker was that great when most people did.

28 Days Later got 88% positive reviews from critics and 28 Weeks Later got 71%. On this occasion I'm definitely in agreement with the majority of people.
[ Last edit by Mark November 06, 2012, 09:19 PM ] IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 310 311 312 [313] 314 315 316 ... 338 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »