Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  The Movies 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 314 315 316 [317] 318 319 320 ... 335 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: The Movies  (Read 109553 times)
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: The Movies « Reply #4740 on: November 28, 2012, 04:48 AM »

My TV currently showing "So You Married An Axe-Murderer?" Mike Myers pre-Austin Powers.
The bestest Scottish/British/Canadian/American cross-over movie ever imho. roflmao

Anyone else seen it?
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Re: The Movies « Reply #4741 on: November 28, 2012, 08:33 PM »

Made it to the Hobbit world premier crowd last night. Couldn't get close enough for any autographs but got some decent photos. Great atmosphere and amazing thing to be part of. Can't wait to see the film now.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: The Movies « Reply #4742 on: November 28, 2012, 11:07 PM »

goodjob  Apparently Matamata is going Hobbiton mad at the moment lol  Hope you post some of your piccies. yes
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

Re: The Movies « Reply #4743 on: November 29, 2012, 01:03 AM »

Will sort them out over the next few days. Smile
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: The Movies « Reply #4744 on: December 06, 2012, 01:22 PM »

WoW!! the new star trek movie is out next year, here's the first trailer and it looks awesome

IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: The Movies « Reply #4745 on: December 06, 2012, 02:05 PM »

That is awesome. I am crazy about Star Trek but I am not going to watch the trailer. I don't want to know anything beforehand. That ruins the movie for me; though I know who the villain is and it's Benedict Cumberbatch. I’ve seen him in The Other Boleyn Girl and Atonement. It’s being released in the UK on May 17th I think. Hope the story will provide a bit more challenge and intelligence than the first one which was a simple revenge story. I’d also like to see less action since that’s not what Star Trek’s true mission and message is. It’s not about declaring war against your enemy but winning them with your intelligence.  That’s why I’ve always preferred the entire Star Trek both the series and movies with William Shatner and rest of the gang – the original cast, where the stories were always much more than some mere mindless action.   
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: The Movies « Reply #4746 on: December 06, 2012, 02:18 PM »

I watched a couple of great movies this past weekend – both being horror flicks however but not by choice. Devil and The Last Exorcism. In the Devil, M. Night Shyamalan redeems himself nicely after a couple of really bad movies. It’s smart, sleek and intelligently done. It has its flaws of course but you will forget to pay attention to those. I understand many chose not to watch this movie after watching the trailer. I thought about not watching it after 20 minutes into the movie as well, but there was no turning back after that – it was that gripping and engaging. And really, really chilling.

The Last Exorcism was yet another great movie. A few didn’t like the constant moving of the camera but the story is so strong, that you tend to forget about it once you are into this movie. There are some who didn’t like the ending but hey, you can’t please them all but more importantly, it was fitting to the story. Not everything has to be your Hollywood clichés.

None of these movies are perfect but the stories remain original in its presenting self – never gets sidetracked. Devil was especially refreshing and original. What I liked most about these two movies was that, none of them has big names and that allowed both stories remain bigger than the cast.
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

Re: The Movies « Reply #4747 on: December 08, 2012, 11:34 AM »

Finally seen Skyfall tonight. Thought it was really good although maybe a tad long.

Spoiler:
Would have been good if they had explained how on Earth he survived at the beginning though. I know he's James Bond but survival did look impossible there.
IP Logged
Coldmarek
Top Seed

Andy Murray is better than you.

Re: The Movies « Reply #4748 on: December 19, 2012, 01:32 AM »

Made it to the Hobbit world premier crowd last night. Couldn't get close enough for any autographs but got some decent photos. Great atmosphere and amazing thing to be part of. Can't wait to see the film now.

Wasnt the world premiere in December?
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

Re: The Movies « Reply #4749 on: December 19, 2012, 09:56 PM »

Nope. The world premiere was here in Wellington where it was made on 28th November. The UK and US premieres were in December.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: The Movies « Reply #4750 on: December 20, 2012, 03:42 AM »

Just saw the last in the Twilight series, Breaking Dawn Part 2.

A good way to catch a nap.  zz
IP Logged
Coldmarek
Top Seed

Andy Murray is better than you.

Re: The Movies « Reply #4751 on: December 20, 2012, 10:30 AM »

Nope. The world premiere was here in Wellington where it was made on 28th November. The UK and US premieres were in December.

Alright, I had no idea. They said the London one was the world premiere,thats why I was confused.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

You mesmerize me, Andy

Re: The Movies « Reply #4752 on: December 22, 2012, 08:40 AM »

Just saw the last in the Twilight series, Breaking Dawn Part 2.

A good way to catch a nap.  zz

Is it so bad???
I'm going on 28th of this month...
Maybe I won't fall asleep since I love Rob...
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: The Movies « Reply #4753 on: December 22, 2012, 12:16 PM »

^ They just could have done it in one movie, rather than spreading it over two, but where would be the ka-ching! ka-ching! in that? wink
You will love it, Zarfeen. Just as I love to drool over Daniel Craig.  Little tongue man
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: The Movies « Reply #4754 on: December 22, 2012, 12:34 PM »

When I was your age Zarfeen, Rob would have been too much of a pretty boy for me! I'd have preferred Jacob! Ruff!  w00t
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 314 315 316 [317] 318 319 320 ... 335 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »