Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  The Movies 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 319 320 321 [322] 323 324 325 ... 338 Go Down Reply
Author

The Movies

(Read 113745 times)
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: The Movies « Reply #4815 on: April 21, 2013, 02:53 PM »

Watched Oblivion last night. My expectation wasn't high and still, it couldn't engage me emotionally. The plot felt simple and predictable - and Morgan Freeman presence felt rather short.  I only liked Victoria's character. Tom Cruise was average as he almost always is.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: The Movies « Reply #4816 on: April 29, 2013, 03:45 PM »

Just watched Iron Man 3. Robert is just too good. Damn sexy guy. Little tongue man

Movie was good too. The effects were normal according to me but the action sequences were amazing. Smile
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: The Movies « Reply #4817 on: April 30, 2013, 09:15 PM »

I watched a few movies but all very depressing. Winter's Bone, Cube, The Snowtown Murders (based on a true story - very disturbing) and Never Let Me Go.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: The Movies « Reply #4818 on: May 03, 2013, 12:17 AM »

Currently I am watching A Prophet (2009). Still watching since it's almost 3 hours long. Have watched about 1 hour of it. It's about a young Arab man who is sent to a French prison for assaulting police officers, where he slowly rises to the top. It's a classic French prison thriller so not for everyone. Tahar Rahim is quite excellent in the main role.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: The Movies « Reply #4819 on: May 05, 2013, 08:28 PM »

Am I the only one here still babbling about movies? Oh well.

Anyway, watched a couple of great movies - The Descendants and Star Trek: The Voyage Home. The former was yet another depressing movie for me but definitely not gruesome.

The Voyage Home was very entertaining and perhaps the funniest Star Trek movie I've seen so far. An Alien probe is destroying everything on its way and is now headed for the planet Earth; therefore, must be stopped before it ends every existence out there. Captain James T. Kirk of the 23rd century Starship Enterprise, needs to go back in time - to the mid-80s to be specific - to get a couple of humpback whales to communicate with this alien probe, as their language pre-dates human origin and they can only speak the same language as the humpback whales. Once they land on earth, Captain Kirk warns, "we are going back to a very primitive culture so be careful everyone." And sure enough once they land in San Francisco, they encounter a series of deep profanity and personal insults. I got a serious kick out of it because it did show how primitive beings we still are.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: The Movies « Reply #4820 on: May 05, 2013, 11:59 PM »

Did you know what was more depressing? I watched the Descendants after I watched The Voyage Home and in the Descendant movie, the daughters, 17 and 6, swore like a sailor in front of their father, who's just learning that he's loving wife of all these years were unhappy and was cheating on him. And he couldn't talk about it because she was in coma. Now he didn't know what to do.

After watching that, I had even a scarier thought - what if we were to live forever? Just the thought makes me want commit suicide right away. The type of world we live in right now, no one in their right mind would want to live here forever. And if they still do, then should really be only ones.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: The Movies « Reply #4821 on: May 11, 2013, 02:09 AM »

I never get tired of watching Predator. It's an out and out sci-fi action moive and am more into sci-fi intellectual stuff, but this one wins me each time. I love how this reviewer describes the movie the best, "What makes it so unique is that the story starts off as a simple but exhilarating rescue mission; but then it suddenly switches gears and becomes a fight for survival for everyone involved. The genius of that!"

soo good.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: The Movies « Reply #4822 on: May 11, 2013, 03:22 AM »

Love Predator, you should check out Predators if not done so already, a pretty decent sequal.

Speaking of Star Trek, i'll be watching the latest movie on Monday, into darkness, cannot wait.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: The Movies « Reply #4823 on: May 11, 2013, 04:24 PM »

I've seen Predators and I agree that's pretty decent sequal however I can watch Predator over and over again without getting  bored and that's where the beauty lies with this one.

I'll be watching Start Treck on Sunday as it's our long weekend. Can't wait to see Benedict Cumberbatch as Khan. Such a cool cast in this one. Hope the story is worth it. The last one was a bit too simple for me, but still, I liked it.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: The Movies « Reply #4824 on: May 12, 2013, 11:38 AM »

Saw Perks Of Being A Wallflower.

Nice movie. A little intense but very nice story. Really liked Logan Lerman's acting. Smile
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: The Movies « Reply #4825 on: May 12, 2013, 11:50 PM »

It was my turn to choose movies last night and I chose to watch Identity and Session 9. Both good but Session 9 in particular was great. Not for everyone though.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: The Movies « Reply #4826 on: May 13, 2013, 10:25 AM »

I've seen session 9, very strange movie, quite slow for me but still interesting, i like my horror to be a bit more engaging like Insidious for example.

Saw Hansel & Gretel: Witchhunters last night, not too bad if you disengage your brain for 90 minutes and like the idea of Jeremy Renner using a medievel machine gun.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: The Movies « Reply #4827 on: May 13, 2013, 11:06 AM »

Saw Hansel & Gretel: Witchhunters last night, not too bad if you disengage your brain for 90 minutes and like the idea of Jeremy Renner using a medievel machine gun.

Was confused between Oz- The Great and Powerful and Hansel and Gretel. Didnt know which one to watch. Chose Oz finally. A mediocre movie. A little boring in the middle. I was kinda waiting for the movie to get over.

Will be watching Hansel and Gretel next week maybe.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: The Movies « Reply #4828 on: May 13, 2013, 05:24 PM »

I've seen session 9, very strange movie, quite slow for me but still interesting, i like my horror to be a bit more engaging like Insidious for example.

Was it very strange for you? It wasn't so much for me as I've seen some really strange movies - The Stalker (Russian version) for instance, couldn't be stranger. And there's many more. In this movie however, I knew what was going on though it wasn't very easy subject to understand and the direction kept it unclear throughout the movie. I am perfectly fine with slow movies and in fact, I adore it as I like it how a good plot slowly builds up the tension and takes a supreme height towards the end.

I thought it was a very good movie given the premise and atmosphere but I still had a couple of problems - first of all, I thought Gordon's relationship problems were never told in the true sense, so I could never relate to his problems in order to feel sorry for him; second, there was no detail between the possessor and the possessed, so it pretty much left with a lot to be desired. The entity's true intention was never clear nor was it showed as to how it influences a human being. It does say towards the end it seeks, "wounded and weak" but that wasn't good enough for me. Still, I thought it was very intelligently done and was never purposely overblown. It's definitely not your typical mainstream horror flick. I don't care about those but it did end slightly abruptly.

I remember a movie where the drive to the airport alone was 15 minutes long. Talk about slow but the movie was so great that along with the protagonist, you too tend to think and get lost in your thoughts as it was that thought provoking.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: The Movies « Reply #4829 on: May 15, 2013, 12:20 AM »

Watching Start Trek this Saturday evening. I was under the impression it was being released on Sunday but actually it's set to release in Canada this Thursday. Can't wait!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 319 320 321 [322] 323 324 325 ... 338 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »