Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  The Movies 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 323 324 325 [326] 327 328 329 ... 339 Go Down Reply
Author

The Movies

(Read 116673 times)
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: The Movies « Reply #4875 on: June 18, 2013, 06:04 PM »

Genuine question, why would you watch a Hindi film? How does someone from the west come about hearing of particularly good films from that culture?

I never know but then again I have some friends and they are from the East and they insist on it sometimes. But mind you, Lagan was nominated for Oscar, so that was out in the open anyway. Lamhe had a very strong and unusual story so I wanted to watch after it was recommended to me. There are some good Hindi movies I'd think. Besides, I understand the language and can speak a bit so it's not too bad.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: The Movies « Reply #4876 on: June 18, 2013, 06:31 PM »

Yes, Lamhe, Lagan and there was another one, I forget. The one with the French actor, whathisname, and Sridevi. That one was pretty good.

Lagaan is a really good movie, not watched Lamhe though. The French actor one is English Vinglish. Another good movie. Just the three or any more?

Genuine question, why would you watch a Hindi film? How does someone from the west come about hearing of particularly good films from that culture?

I expected Emma to have watched a few Hindi films since she kinda knows the language. I do not know Tamil but have watched at least a hundred Tamil movies so that made my broken tamil better. Smile
So I think you can manage if you know the language a little.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: The Movies « Reply #4877 on: June 19, 2013, 12:52 AM »

I have watched a few Hindi movies, really and I never feel they are foreign to me since I understand the language very well.

Sab, I also saw Dhobi Ghat and Dil Se.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: The Movies « Reply #4878 on: June 19, 2013, 01:22 PM »

I have watched a few Hindi movies, really and I never feel they are foreign to me since I understand the language very well.

Sab, I also saw Dhobi Ghat and Dil Se.

Not watched both but I love the songs of Dil Se. Smile
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: The Movies « Reply #4879 on: June 19, 2013, 04:57 PM »

I thought Dhobi Ghat was very good, Sab? Dil Se has a very strong story and I thought they captured the 7 shades of love quite well between the two lovers; however, the film has its major flaws. The songs are great I agree. I think I posted a couple of them on the songs thread not so long ago.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: The Movies « Reply #4880 on: June 19, 2013, 05:03 PM »

I thought Dhobi Ghat was very good, Sab? Dil Se has a very strong story and I thought they captured the 7 shades of love quite well between the two lovers; however, the film has its major flaws. The songs are great I agree. I think I posted a couple of them on the songs thread not so long ago.

Dhobi Ghat is a critically acclaimed movie which is a bit like a documentary, right?
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: The Movies « Reply #4881 on: June 19, 2013, 05:20 PM »

Dhobi Ghat is a critically acclaimed movie which is a bit like a documentary, right?

It is critically acclaimed and that's why I was genuinely interested. Very well acted too. I am not sure though if you can call it a documentary.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: The Movies « Reply #4882 on: June 19, 2013, 05:21 PM »

We are going to see The Heat on the long weekend. Hopefully it's funny enough. Women's action comedy too so can be a bit challenging on both accounts.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: The Movies « Reply #4883 on: June 20, 2013, 06:21 PM »

Just watched Zero Dark Thirty, pretty impressive stuff considering this could have been a booyah pile of over patriotic cheese, the filmakers managed to stay away from the jingoism and concentrate on the story, even the compound raid at the end was tense which is a credit to the editing, considering we all know the outcome

8/10
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: The Movies « Reply #4884 on: June 20, 2013, 07:02 PM »

Just watched Zero Dark Thirty
So did by coincidence...

Very interesting movie but I wouldn't say it was particularly entertaining. It might as well have been a documentary.

Felt a bit weird seeing James Gandolfini... another coincidence.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: The Movies « Reply #4885 on: June 20, 2013, 08:53 PM »

Just watched Zero Dark Thirty, pretty impressive stuff considering this could have been a booyah pile of over patriotic cheese, the filmakers managed to stay away from the jingoism and concentrate on the story, even the compound raid at the end was tense which is a credit to the editing, considering we all know the outcome

8/10

The subject matter doesn't interest me at all.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: The Movies « Reply #4886 on: June 21, 2013, 03:23 PM »

So did by coincidence...

Very interesting movie but I wouldn't say it was particularly entertaining. It might as well have been a documentary.

Felt a bit weird seeing James Gandolfini... another coincidence.

Yeah that was strange, i was quite gutted by his sudden death, i only found out after i watched the film.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: The Movies « Reply #4887 on: June 21, 2013, 08:23 PM »

I am deciding what to watch tonight. I have no plans.
IP Logged
Tommy
World No 1

woo hoo

Re: The Movies « Reply #4888 on: June 25, 2013, 03:35 PM »

Pitch Perfect anyone?
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: The Movies « Reply #4889 on: June 30, 2013, 08:28 PM »

I've watched Fight Club last night. This was probably my 3rd viewing and it is still so good and each time I discover something new. The direction and acting is probably best thing about this movie. And of course, the almost flawless plot.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 323 324 325 [326] 327 328 329 ... 339 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »